Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 731 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
‪Time to nitpick Velocicoaster slightly:‬

‪I wish the stall and overbank elements were situated like Steel Curtain’s over bridge elements, one above the other. Just from an aesthetic standpoint ‬
The thing isn't ready yet but if we are doing predictions and stuff, I think this coaster is going to be a bit more exciting than Slinky Dog.

‪Time to nitpick Velocicoaster slightly:‬

‪I wish the stall and overbank elements were situated like Steel Curtain’s over bridge elements, one above the other. Just from an aesthetic standpoint ‬
Said no one ever. Both elements are unique enough to have their own spotlight. Nobody on here can honestly say they expected that outward banked turn before they woke up this morning and saw it with their own eyes. It’s action packed Intamin goodness.

Said no one ever. Both elements are unique enough to have their own spotlight. Nobody on here can honestly say they expected that outward banked turn before they woke up this morning and saw it with their own eyes. It’s action packed Intamin goodness.

...I’m not saying the outward shouldn’t exist? I’m not sure you understand what I was saying

So I’m not a coaster expert at all, although I’d like to be, but what are generally considered around the top 5 coasters in the US? Talking thrill coasters. While Hagrid’s is thrilling I’m not sure it’s in that discussion? Happy to be corrected.

I mean while I haven’t seen concept art or the finished product this looks like it could the top coaster in Orlando at least for thrills. We gotta ride it but man the hype is freaking there for me, I can’t see how this thing is not a homerun and I was not saying that months ago. I guess you sometimes literally have to see to believe lol.

So I’m not a coaster expert at all, although I’d like to be, but what are generally considered around the top 5 coasters in the US? Talking thrill coasters. While Hagrid’s is thrilling I’m not sure it’s in that discussion? Happy to be corrected.

I mean while I haven’t seen concept art or the finished product this looks like it could the top coaster in Orlando at least for thrills. We gotta ride it but man the hype is freaking there for me, I can’t see how this thing is not a homerun and I was not saying that months ago. I guess you sometimes literally have to see to believe lol.
Steel Vengeance
Fury 325
Mako
Montu
The Voyage

Notice two on the list are in Florida....And Iron Gwazi is coming

Universal will have to play hard to make the list

...I’m not saying the outward shouldn’t exist? I’m not sure you understand what I was saying
I agree, that element could have used some "decorative" supports

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Steel Vengeance
Fury 325
Mako
Montu
The Voyage

Notice two on the list are in Florida....And Iron Gwazi is coming

Universal will have to play hard to make the list
Omfg ya Iron Gawzi too.

I’ll have to check out Fury 325 and The Voyage as I don’t think I’m familiar with them.

That answer would be different for everyone you ask. Here are this years Golden Ticket rankings. Steel Vengeance would be one of my top coasters.

That answer would be different for everyone you ask. Here are this years Golden Ticket rankings. Steel Vengeance would be one of my top coasters.
I’ll check these out, thanks!

This is a very subjective question.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
With Busch Gardens--"general audiences" seem to dig Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse. Coaster enthusiasts dig Kumba. But Montu always seems ignored. :(
They've been on top lists since they opened.

Kumba is a bit rough for me, but Montu hits the right groove IMO.

More on topic: Intamin really is building the best RMC they've ever built here

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Everything to the right of the DC (looking at hit head-on) looks much less obtrusive than I was fearing.

Like you, I hope more of the lost foliage is able to come back, but there's only going to be so much room to work with while avoiding track.
Yes, nice to see it's aligning with the early secreted plans we saw....and it's not like that terrific eyesore coaster they put in Osaka's Jurassic Park.

Yes, nice to see it's aligning with the early secreted plans we saw....and it's not like that terrific eyesore coaster they put in Osaka's Jurassic Park.
I'm interested to see how much foliage is reintroduced to the area...Obviously you can't get what you had there.

Status
Not open for further replies.