Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 732 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mako and Montu are the best coasters in Florida from a thrill/intensity enjoyment level. It would shock me if Velocicoaster is less intense than either of those, which is another massive win for IOA's thrill factor. Hulk is already one of the five best coasters in Florida, and even Hagrid is in the top ten when it comes to thrill/intensity IMO.

While I don’t expect this to be Maverick/I305 intense (indicator being the omission of vest restraints) I am certain that this and Iron Gwazi will be leaps and bounds more intense than anything south of Pigeon Forge, TN.

If I had to rank coasters in the US based on pure intensity, and how I’d predict this and IG to rank, it’d look something like this...

1. Intimidator 305
2. Lightning Rod
3. Skyrush
**Place Iron Gwazi**
4. El Toro
5. Maverick
6. Voyage
7. Steel Vengeance
8. Twisted Timbers
**Place Velociraptor**
9. Fury 325
10. Twisted Colossus

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how much foliage is reintroduced to the area...Obviously you can't get what you had there.

At minimum, I would hope there would still be enough room out front to replant (some of) the line of very tall palm trees, even if they have to be planted closer to the building to be out of the way of the track...
DzErYpUWsAEpJPq.jpg
That would go a long way towards restoring some of the lost tropical vibe.

While I don’t expect this to be Maverick/I305 intense (indicator being the omission of vest restraints) I am certain that this and Iron Gwazi will be leaps and bounds more intense than anything south of Pigeon Forge, TN.
Florida is an airtime-less void...I'm looking forward to the top hat and the e-ticket stall

At minimum, I would hope there would still be enough room out front to replant (some of) the line of very tall palm trees, even if they have to be planted closer to the building to be out of the way of the track...
View attachment 12425
That would go a long way towards restoring some of the lost tropical vibe.
I wonder if they are growing something over in the EU plot?

I remember hearing that the palms were relocated to elsewhere in the resort

Reactions: Coasted
No way, there are a lot of Mako fans

Montu still kicks as an old school classic B&M - with a ton of force
“Fans” are not the same as “Top 5 Coasters in the Country”

Yeah I do, you want them stacked on top of one another and I’m saying that they’re both standout moments on the ride and that they deserve separate identities.

okay I have absolutely no idea what your POV is then.

Reactions: acquaz and Legacy
I for one love that the JP waterfront is getting a change-up. Putting the coaster entrance down there really opens up the land, and the prospect of more people entering from the front entrance of the DC. I feel like people traditionally are entering from the upstairs entrance because there was no reason to enter from the dead zone that was the waterfront. To me there's more wow factor when walking in and seeing the dino skeletons from the movie than there is walking in and seeing Burgerdigs patrons.

And to think, I used to be able to take a nice quiet mid day nap on the wall, along the path, in front of the JP Discovery Center. Not any more. :lol: :yikes: I would be coaster fodder.:violin:

Pop over to the studios and take a seat on Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket, no one is riding that crapfest after this opens ;)

I love you, but I will never understand how people take naps in theme parks

This!
BUT... one more person taking a nap is 1 less person in the line in front of me so :shrug:

A little off topic here but I wonder if this coaster was part of the EU JW land when there were rumors about JW going into EU. I don't mean the identical layout because it's obviously designed for IOA but maybe the coaster type along with a clone of the Beijing indoor JW ride?

Either way it's making me want to book a vacation for 2021!

Reactions: belloq87
We just going to forget that Millennium Force has finished first or second in the Golden Ticket for the last two decades? :lol:

My hopes are high for this though - Maverick is in my top 5 but now that I see things like the stall and that helix, I have a feeling this could bump it. Also the top hat instead of Maverick's gimmicky first drop lead me to believe this will come out on top.

Reactions: JMalez
Status
Not open for further replies.