Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 739 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've never noticed that the top of the top hat support is for a piece of track that's still going vertical and facing the station which means after that point, it still needs to twist and level off.

It's actually more of a 45 degree inward angle so the track has almost rotated to the left about half way through the full rotation. I do not expect a tophat like TTD or or Zaturn but more like this. . .
1592164051205.jpeg
47471.jpg

as the rise into the top had and fall out of it doesn't seem as vertical as the aforementioned.

Also,
I am digging the water front wall they are building. Looks real jurassic park-ish to me.

It's actually more of a 45 degree inward angle so the track has almost rotated to the left about half way through the full rotation. I do not expect a tophat like TTD or or Zaturn but more like this. . .
View attachment 12478
47471.jpg

as the rise into the top had and fall out of it doesn't seem as vertical as the aforementioned.

Also,
I am digging the water front wall they are building. Looks real jurassic park-ish to me.

The photo I was referring to is a bit misleading since it's dead on.

This is a better angle although I would say it's closer to a 60 degrees.

top hat support.JPG

New profile who dis?

clever.... because I’m new here, I can’t have an opinion... ok.

that coaster sucks, similar you your reply. it’s what someone uses when they have nothing else to defend themselves.

seems like several people have the same opinion as me... so I guess you’ve been here a while, but still don’t know what you’re talking about.

that coaster sucks, similar you your reply. it’s what someone uses when they have nothing else to defend themselves.

seems like several people have the same opinion as me... so I guess you’ve been here a while, but still don’t know what you’re talking about.

No one is saying you can’t have an opinion, but all you said was “Mako is lame...” You got two people giving you a thumbs down and shiekra38 poking fun because you contributed nothing else with that comment, no insightful explanation as to why you think so, nothing. It was blunt, and arguably needless as such, and now - at least in my opinion - you’re being just as needlessly hostile over a joke worth shrugging off.

This isn’t the place to start something with shiekra38 (or anyone, for that matter), so I’d suggest letting it go and moving on and just being cognizant going forward about maybe fleshing out your opinions instead of taking it personally when you get ribbed over not doing so. Figured I’d give you that advice lest you get reprimanded for taking a thread off topic, especially when it’s one as exciting as this coaster and all of its developments.

No one is saying you can’t have an opinion, but all you said was “Mako is lame...” You got two people giving you a thumbs down and shiekra38 poking fun because you contributed nothing else with that comment, no insightful explanation as to why you think so, nothing. It was blunt, and arguably needless as such, and now - at least in my opinion - you’re being just as needlessly hostile over a joke worth shrugging off.

This isn’t the place to start something with shiekra38 (or anyone, for that matter), so I’d suggest letting it go and moving on and just being cognizant going forward about maybe fleshing out your opinions instead of taking it personally when you get ribbed over not doing so. Figured I’d give you that advice lest you get reprimanded for taking a thread off topic, especially when it’s one as exciting as this coaster and all of its developments.

new profile, whodis?

Reactions: MartyMcFly
I don't think the two top hat spike are gonna be identical in height. The one they are building looks considerably thinner as far as spaces between the three bases

What would you say the mistake is? Did a piece arrive bent incorrectly and isn’t joining up as it should? What might they do about it?
Looks like the support was manufactured a bit too short, so they put some blocks of wood between the track and support to hold it up temporarily. I'm not sure if the misaligned track is a result of result of the support error or if it's something else, but I assume they'll find some way to extend the support to bring it up a bit more.

Reactions: SkiBum

I've never heard anyone say Mako sucks.

There is a thread for it if you'd like to cite the reasons why you don't like it.

Otherwise, you're simply dropping a claim with no supporting evidence.

I would love to hear your opinions on the topic.

Also, are you Epcyclopedia? Be honest with me.

I don't think the two top hat spike are gonna be identical in height. The one they are building looks considerably thinner as far as spaces between the three bases

Most top hats seem to have near identical supports but this is merely guess work on my end. I'd imagine that the supports for the first part of the top hat will take more forces and the difference in foundation location could be something to do with it.

Looks like the support was manufactured a bit too short, so they put some blocks of wood between the track and support to hold it up temporarily. I'm not sure if the misaligned track is a result of result of the support error or if it's something else, but I assume they'll find some way to extend the support to bring it up a bit more.

Is this the switch track for the maintenance bay? It could maybe be that the switch system isn't there yet.

Is this the switch track for the maintenance bay? It could maybe be that the switch system isn't there yet.
It's the track entering the station from the brake run. The switch track was installed a few days ago, and it seems like they're trying to get all of the indoor track installed so they can finish up the building.

Reactions: shiekra38
It's the track entering the station from the brake run. The switch track was installed a few days ago, and it seems like they're trying to get all of the indoor track installed so they can finish up the building.

I'm trying to figure out where you took this photo from. Popeyes with the green line being your line of sight?

jp photo.JPG

If so, that's looking directly at the switch track. There's also wooden blocks to the right holding up another piece of track which would be a weird coincidence. There's also no spine on that piece of track which the one after it has. The smooth edge of the rail, is also common on switch track.

Looking at this, it looks like the switch track is there but the rails that move it back and forth haven''t been installed yet and this is from yesterday.

I could easily be wrong but there's plenty of evidence here to suggest why I thought that.

What are your top coasters? What do you look for in a coaster?

top 5 I’ve been on.

steel vengence
Maverick
Outlaw run
Montu
Blue fire

honorable mention
big bad wolf
x2
De Vliegende hollander

coatsers need to be more than a one trick pony like mako Is. It’s up down up down turn and repeat. It’s just air time, there is nothing more to it.

I've never heard anyone say Mako sucks.

There is a thread for it if you'd like to cite the reasons why you don't like it.

Otherwise, you're simply dropping a claim with no supporting evidence.

I would love to hear your opinions on the topic.

Also, are you Epcyclopedia? Be honest with me.

see above, don’t know who/what that is...

I'm trying to figure out where you took this photo from. Popeyes with the green line being your line of sight?

View attachment 12489

If so, that's looking directly at the switch track. There's also wooden blocks to the right holding up another piece of track which would be a weird coincidence. There's also no spine on that piece of track which the one after it has. The smooth edge of the rail, is also common on switch track.

Looking at this, it looks like the switch track is there but the rails that move it back and forth haven''t been installed yet and this is from yesterday.

I could easily be wrong but there's plenty of evidence here to suggest why I thought that.

B3B06B77-3614-410E-9E2D-688D442A81AA.jpeg
Here’s a pic I got a few days ago. It’s hard to tell exactly what’s up with the seemingly misaligned track, but the wood blocks make it look like something’s definitely not right.

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.