Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 737 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why go through the effort of making it JW then?

A hybrid of the two sounds dumb, IMO.
Because they're not going to tear down the entire land. The queue and ride for JPRA, Discovery Center, Thunder Falls, Pizza Predatoria et al- would all need wholesale changes to make it fit 100% in JW aesthetic. Building a huge, hyperthemed Intamin blitz is where they allocated that money. Maybe down the road they'll do it, but with everything they have on their plate, I don't see it happening. Plus, merging what they have wouldn't be that hard. Look at JW's Gyrosphere station for reference. It's got both worlds- wood plus the trademark blue hues on the signage, and throw in a little raw concrete. That's Jurassic if you ask me.
Gyrosphere-sign.jpg

Because they're not going to tear down the entire land. The queue and ride for JPRA, Discovery Center, Thunder Falls, Pizza Predatoria et al- would all need wholesale changes to make it fit 100% in JW aesthetic. Building a huge, hyperthemed Intamin blitz is where they allocated that money. Maybe down the road they'll do it, but with everything they have on their plate, I don't see it happening. Plus, merging what they have wouldn't be that hard. Look at JW's Gyrosphere station for reference. It's got both worlds- wood plus the trademark blue hues on the signage, and throw in a little raw concrete. That's Jurassic if you ask me.
View attachment 12465
You’re answering why they didn’t do the rest of the land; which still is unknown.

I’m asking why would they do raptor encounter that way with no plan to do anything else? What’s the advantage?

You’re answering why they didn’t do the rest of the land; which still is unknown.

I’m asking why would they do raptor encounter that way with no plan to do anything else? What’s the advantage?
They needed a new Raptor Encounter. That's the advantage. You're asking me to make shapes out of clouds. I don't know what's in their heads over there, and can only make assumptions based on what they're currently doing. But making two new attractions that fit in with the rest of the land but also maintain brand identity with what they're putting out in theaters seems to be the M.O. for the foreseeable future. Don't you think that if they were changing things completely, they would have started by now? It's not Hogsmeade, they're not beholden to make it look one way or the other.

I can't answer for their decisions, but evidence would lead to the status quo not changing too much. Even the brand new planter was constructed to fit in with the rest of the land- complete with one of the old claw lamps.

Pardon the not-really-professional layover of colors, but maybe leaning into the darker tones of wood would be best to merge the two styles. The main white-ish paint color on the building could stay, with all of the orange-y wood tones swapped for a darker "stain" and then the metal aqua accents could be swapped for a pale blue. Add a little bit of paint to the fossil rocks to make it less orange, and that matches pretty well with both the JW and JP aesthetics, and the black on the new coaster. I also lightened the roofs and sign, but they really work as is.
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.29.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.30.09 PM.png

I don't know if this is too early to speculate about or just not likely at all, but since it is canonically part Raptor I think it would be sick to see an Indominous animatronic at some point in the coaster a la Fluffy in Hagrids. Not an expectation, but I'm certainly hoping! :grin:

I think they are 100% going to retheme the land to Jurassic World and Redo River Adventure... Just waiting for this to be done, they need an E-ticket in the land open at all times. So Summer 2021 they will both be running but after the Holidays I think JPRA will close down for the Redo to open in Summer 2022. In=between then they will slowly one thing at a time will be changed or rethemed to JW.

Although it would be nice to keep some Park colors if possible somewhere but maybe still with more of a Jurassic World look. I have to be honest though the JW ride was and is a MASSIVE disappoint in Hollywood. However the change wont feel as bad over here for you guys I hope.

Hollywood lost its Waterfall ending and last second T-rex pop out which I ALWAYS found much more satisfying then the fog and 25 seconds of staring at the T-rex as you get close to the drop.

Also we had 2 Ultrasaurs in the Lagoon, Thus we could look left or right at anytime and get story. Plus that 1 other little dino by the water. Now its big screen and you are forced to look where they tell you to look.... And while they fixed the sightline of the parking garage (Who really cares that much, you can see it everywhere else in the lower lot) They ended up getting rid of the nice view of the Waterfall and rockwork. which you cant see now, which was maybe my favorite view

So I used to be able to look left, straight or right and enjoy myself. Now your forced to stare at ONE thing on a screen.

Same thing with the boat getting knocked off course... used to have to your left where the ride actually goes, or to the right where a hadrosaur pops up but also straight ahead there was hadrosaur cove and you could see story in front of you. There was depth, 15 feet away is crashed boat and a tunnel...... They replaced that with a giant concreate wall. So I used to be able to look 3 places and now I can only look at 2.... major downgrade.

So hopefully when they redo Orlando's they do it right, goodluck! hahah super sorry this became a JW the Ride review, got carried away as I typed lol

They needed a new Raptor Encounter. That's the advantage. You're asking me to make shapes out of clouds. I don't know what's in their heads over there, and can only make assumptions based on what they're currently doing. But making two new attractions that fit in with the rest of the land but also maintain brand identity with what they're putting out in theaters seems to be the M.O. for the foreseeable future. Don't you think that if they were changing things completely, they would have started by now? It's not Hogsmeade, they're not beholden to make it look one way or the other.

I can't answer for their decisions, but evidence would lead to the status quo not changing too much. Even the brand new planter was constructed to fit in with the rest of the land- complete with one of the old claw lamps.
What Andy is saying is if they wanted, they could’ve done a Raptor Encounter themed to JP, not JW. They could’ve done that right? But they didn’t.

Knowing what we know about RE and the new coaster, it just seems to point to them going in a more JW direction for the land, especially with a JW version of JPRA already in existence it only fuels the thought.

I think they are 100% going to retheme the land to Jurassic World and Redo River Adventure... Just waiting for this to be done, they need an E-ticket in the land open at all times. So Summer 2021 they will both be running but after the Holidays I think JPRA will close down for the Redo to open in Summer 2022. In=between then they will slowly one thing at a time will be changed or rethemed to JW.

Although it would be nice to keep some Park colors if possible somewhere but maybe still with more of a Jurassic World look. I have to be honest though the JW ride was and is a MASSIVE disappoint in Hollywood. However the change wont feel as bad over here for you guys I hope.

Hollywood lost its Waterfall ending and last second T-rex pop out which I ALWAYS found much more satisfying then the fog and 25 seconds of staring at the T-rex as you get close to the drop.

Also we had 2 Ultrasaurs in the Lagoon, Thus we could look left or right at anytime and get story. Plus that 1 other little dino by the water. Now its big screen and you are forced to look where they tell you to look.... And while they fixed the sightline of the parking garage (Who really cares that much, you can see it everywhere else in the lower lot) They ended up getting rid of the nice view of the Waterfall and rockwork. which you cant see now, which was maybe my favorite view

So I used to be able to look left, straight or right and enjoy myself. Now your forced to stare at ONE thing on a screen.

Same thing with the boat getting knocked off course... used to have to your left where the ride actually goes, or to the right where a hadrosaur pops up but also straight ahead there was hadrosaur cove and you could see story in front of you. There was depth, 15 feet away is crashed boat and a tunnel...... They replaced that with a giant concreate wall. So I used to be able to look 3 places and now I can only look at 2.... major downgrade.

So hopefully when they redo Orlando's they do it right, goodluck! hahah super sorry this became a JW the Ride review, got carried away as I typed lol

Yeah I've noticed that the comments for the POVs on YouTube seemed...not favorable. Honestly a lower-budgeted re-theme might do a world (no pun intended) of good. Just put in Chris Pratt in place of the "evacuate" guy in the show building, put the Indominus in the containment area, replace Park with World in the voiceover script and wa-la, should be good.

Reactions: JMalez
Knowing what we know about RE and the new coasting, it just seems to them going in a more JW direction for the land, especially with a JW version of JPRA already in existence it only fuels the thought.
They are for sure going to JW, there's no denying that. It's just a matter of at what capacity they do so. I'm not seeing why changing some wood stains and a roof here or there wouldn't do just fine. Turning the land into JW won't be as hard as it seems.

We also shouldn't look too hard at what USH did, as they had 50 times less space and stuff to deal with than IOA does.

Keep in mind too jurassic World 3 is almost certainly going to be pushed back to Summer 2022. Since they only shot for like 2-3 weeks before shutting down. A movie like Jurassic World 3 shoots for 4-5 months. So unless they start up soon and finish shooting by end this year, it will be delayed

Keep in mind too jurassic World 3 is almost certainly going to be pushed back to Summer 2022. Since they only shot for like 2-3 weeks before shutting down. A movie like Jurassic World 3 shoots for 4-5 months. So unless they start up soon and finish shooting by end this year, it will be delayed

Hm.. you just reminded me... along the lines of merging Park and World in the IOA land, Jurassic World: Dominion is obviously going to be a kind of a culmination of both eras. It would be sick if they find a way to also put the older versions of the original 3 stars in the IOA land alongside Pratt and BDH. I personally think Dominion is another shoe-in for $1 billion+ and it might even be as big as the first Jurassic World. If they redid IOA’s JPRA, including the older versions of Grant, Ellie, and Malcolm might make people feel better about it.

View attachment 12465

Not really. All it would need it paint and a few signs. The cost would be minimal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.