Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 738 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more photos.

That’s going to be quite the view when you start.

Boy, this has been an awesome week for watching a coaster being built from 1,000 miles away. This thing is beautiful and I really like the black supports and track. The only other idea would have been to paint the supports like tree trunks and have the track be a dark green. Thus, the coaster would have been flying through foliage and bushes (which is why the track is green). Untamed at Canobie did that and UNI could have went that route as well. Still, I love the look.

Alright, alright - there’s a discussion to be had on this, but not in this thread. Sorry for starting this. I’ll move posts over to this thread if you want to continue.

Reactions: Legacy
While I don’t disagree with you in what they can do, there’s a level of expectation when a guest gets on to a Jurassic World Ride. They’re going to expect to see something from Jurassic World... exactly why The ride in Hollywood has an Indominus, mosasaur, Blue, Owen and Claire.

Not to mention, If we just had a name change after guests are aware of an actual JW ride existing at the Hollywood park, that’s just asking complaints.

So yea, they could just slap on a new logo, but people will notice it’s missing something.
I think the answer lies with Ian Malcolm in the first Jurassic Park film... You didn't think if you could do it without first thinking if you should do it.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the first film... Jurassic Park. Having said that, it would break my heart if they completely changed the entire land, but they own it and they can, and will do whatever they want with or to it... doesn't mean anyone has to like it or love it.

If it does completely change I'll still go, just might not stay in the land as long as I would have otherwise. And probably wouldn't buy any of the merch.

As a footnote, would like to see kidzone completely removed and either turned into Pokemon or some other IP like bttf or bring Jaws back and put it there...but I do also realize that there needs to be an area specific for younger kids, so an IP for them is understandable. It's just that the area is stale... including animal planet. Thanks for all you do Alicia!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
We had Jurassic Park, 3 movies, third one killed the franchise for a while (the movie when the dino's went into the outside world).
We have Jurassic World, third movie will have the dino's go outside...
So probably in 8 years we will see Jurassic Universe, same fun movies with a bit of a twist. What theme should IOA go for?

Reactions: Coasted

I've never noticed that the top of the top hat support is for a piece of track that's still going vertical and facing the station which means after that point, it still needs to twist and level off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted
We had Jurassic Park, 3 movies, third one killed the franchise for a while (the movie when the dino's went into the outside world).
We have Jurassic World, third movie will have the dino's go outside...
So probably in 8 years we will see Jurassic Universe, same fun movies with a bit of a twist. What theme should IOA go for?
Plot twist: Universal somehow loses the rights to JP and has to retheme everything to the Dino Crisis videogames. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Coolbfitz
I've never noticed that the top of the top hat support is for a piece of track that's still going vertical and facing the station which means after that point, it still needs to twist and level off.
It looks like it's just starting it's twist, so theoretically the crest could be another 40-50 feet above the last connector. With the double spine it could go even higher and be completely unsupported, judging by the huge spans of unsupported single spine. The dive loop looks unreal, the top hat will just be bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.