Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 889 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an interesting way to try to blend the blues and greys of World with the oranges and teal of Park.

Slightly strange.

Looking at the side by side you can still see the hints of green/blue in the old faded rocks.

This is just part of the process.

The seat wall stones receive a new base (the actual primer), two separate colourful washes, and then a final warm brown wash. Most scenic painting is worked in various layers. It’s how they were painted back when the park opened. Really fun stuff to see!

Also if you notice, the old rocks look a bit worn and reddish-brown, with a sort of gloss sheen. This is due to people constantly sitting and leaning their hands on them. The phenomenon is jokingly referred to as “people funk” as it, well... is a result of the various human secretions wearing down the clear coat on surfaces lol.
People Funk is my favorite experimental band.

Great info! :thumbsup:

It’s an interesting way to try to blend the blues and greys of World with the oranges and teal of Park.

Well, none of JP’s repaint has to do with matching the original colours to Velocicoaster’s colour scheme — like I said, this treatment is what the stones received in the late 90s. However, I do think maybe some warmth was brought into the JW colour scheme in key areas to give it contextual cohesion, if you look closely at some of the concrete and rockwork here and there.

People Funk is my favorite experimental band.

Great info! :thumbsup:

Screaming! Catch them live at your local queue wall corner, seat walls, and hand rails lmfao.

_______

Also, here’s a before and after of the last age wash, revealing the final effect.

2DB18F45-A5D2-44DF-ABA9-8FFA0C2FDCC7.jpeg2D8850CC-8B26-42B9-ADF9-DF7984B3AF0D.jpeg
Photo credit goes to @Biorecostruct! Yikes I really forgot.

Attachments

• EBD90020-1617-4209-8A0C-310C88F0B0B6.jpeg
    EBD90020-1617-4209-8A0C-310C88F0B0B6.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
..Something that struck me, is in the center of track. Is there..some form of wiring being added onto the coaster track? If so, could it be..a potential from of light package, similar to Monster/Hangtime/Soaring with Dragon?

EDIT: I confused a part of the coaster track in-between the rails to be some form of wiring. Don't mind me, someone going overcomplicated on an image.
. . . NO

FWIW - It appeared 3 trains were testing yesterday.
Are we thinking four or five trains max on this one?

Also, for train cycling, I know they have to complete x-amount of hours, but how does that work for adding multiple trains. Do they have to run x-amount of hours with the max amount of trains they want to run at once, or just x-amount of hours period?

tumblr_minv1fqA9s1r5siljo2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.