Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You're definitely right in that it will cut down on people taking advantage of the few remaining" free" lockers. Why pay for a locker for you stuff over at Bilge Rat if you can stuff your stuff in a free locker at Hulk and then come back and get it, right? The only thing is they have to make sure this isn't chaos, which I think they can do, but I also think it will be very tough on busy days because of the relatively low theme park IQ of the average guest.

I just figure if the lockers are full they hold people at the lockers, until a train unloads, and then let people in once that group have collected.

But I mean, they probably were able to calculate capacity enough and how long the wait from the lockers to exiting ride would be, to determine how many lockers they would need.

I have a feeling it will be smooth.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
I just figure if the lockers are full they hold people at the lockers, until a train unloads, and then let people in once that group have collected.

But I mean, they probably were able to calculate capacity enough and how long the wait from the lockers to exiting ride would be, to determine how many lockers they would need.

I have a feeling it will be smooth.
There's also lockers in the Discovery Center, so I imagine some form of communication will take place to direct people over there if the lockers fill up. But like you said, I'm betting they were able to do the maths to figure out how many they needed in there.

It sounds like Universal has a mega-hit on their hands, which should hopefully be good for the prospect of continued investment at the two existing parks over the next four years.

Would I have preferred that they built an attraction (in my favorite land in the park, where I’ve been wishing for a major new ride since 1999!) that I could actually do? Of course. The quality of the work looks to be at a very high level for this sort of attraction (the queue, with its copious references and the big presence of Mr. DNA, is particularly nice), and I’m envious of all those who will enjoy it.

But if it boosts numbers enough to get Universal to greenlight a SLOP-level addition at the current resort sooner than later, I’ll be more than happy.

Now, when are we getting a Mr. DNA merchandise line?
They introduced several Mr. DNA shirts this week!

There's also lockers in the Discovery Center, so I imagine some form of communication will take place to direct people over there if the lockers fill up. But like you said, I'm betting they were able to do the maths to figure out how many they needed in there.
The lockers in the Discovery Center are only the big paid lockers. As you enter queue, those with larger bags will be directed to stow them before entering. Only small free lockers are in the queue.

The lockers shouldn’t all be full, as there are enough for everyone heading to load, riding, and about to disembark. They dont need nearly as many lockers as rides with lockers outside the queue, as only those about to ride or riding need one.

I actually think it’s more then just the phone. I think they’ve wanted to enable guests to keep their stuff on them longer, in general, and not need to have a separate area with separate queueing, for guests waiting for lockers. You do it all in the one queue, keeps it simple and easy.

Perhaps I was naughty when I was in the parks in 2013/14 - but sometimes I would leave my stuff in the FJ lockers for as long as the time limit allowed, doing single rider… and I’m sure others do that also, this will cycle stuff in and out very quickly.

Also keep in mind Universal’s future roadmap involves moving to fully digital media, with tickets, Express Passes, credit cards, etc. all on the app...which doesn’t really work with the locker set up at Hulk and Rockit.

Reactions: londonwerecat
It sounds like Universal have a mega-hit on their hands, which should hopefully be good for the prospect of continued investment at the two existing parks over the next four years.

Would I have preferred that they built an attraction (in my favorite land in the park, where I’ve been wishing for a major new ride since 1999!) that I could actually do? Of course. The quality of the work looks to be at a very high level for this sort of attraction (the queue, with its copious references and the big presence of Mr. DNA, is particularly nice), and I’m envious of all those who will enjoy it.

But if it boosts numbers enough to get Universal to greenlight a SLOP-level addition at the current resort sooner than later, I’ll be more than happy.

Now, when are we getting a Mr. DNA merchandise line?
Even if you can't ride it, i'd walk the queue once just to see everything.

They introduced several Mr. DNA shirts this week!

The budget for my next trip will be pushed to the breaking point!

Even if you can't ride it, i'd walk the queue once just to see everything.

The thought occurred to me, but I feel weird about taking up a spot that somebody else who wants to ride could use (even though I know I'm just one person and there's not much impact). I'll mull it over.

Reactions: shiekra38
Yeah, I noticed that one of the signs had the lockers in the Discovery Center which was why I was so confused after the ride was shut down yesterday that they were having everyone go in with their bags. It worked fine, although there was about a 20-25 minute wait I had for that group and we're talking a very small group. Of course I think they were only running two trains, so once they up that and things are working smoothly with the ride, it should be a bit better.

I think that's why they are doing TM & AP Previews so early on here and then probably general softs not too long from now. With Hagrid, I don't think they had too much say in that opening date and moving it back because it wasn't ready or whatever. With Velocicoaster, this is 100% their call.

The thought occurred to me, but I feel weird about taking up a spot that somebody else who wants to ride could use (even though I know I'm just one person and there's not much impact). I'll mull it over.
Well obviously don't waste your day spending hours in a queue for something you aren't going to ride, but i'm saying if the line is ever low-ish at the end of a day, then it's not much harm.

You can’t take ANYTHING on this ride with you... except your park ticket which is really important and also you have to take it.

(I’ll sometimes ask for a paper locker ticket cause I don’t wanna bring my annual pass on coasters.)
I had a magnet set on me on me when I got to re-ride. Now of course that's because I forgot to take it out of my pocket and the metal detector/wand DID catch it, but they didn't tell me to put it away. They told me to keep moving. So I rode with it in my back pocket, and it did almost fall out.

I don't think it'll be long before nets are installed over the courtyard by the ride, tbh.

You can’t take ANYTHING on this ride with you... except your park ticket which is really important and also you have to take it.

(I’ll sometimes ask for a paper locker ticket cause I don’t wanna bring my annual pass on coasters.)

I took a screenshot of my AP QR code on the app and made an apple watch face with it. Works pretty well and eliminates my anxiety about losing my pass.

Are they allow people with flip flops or loose sandals to take off their shoes? Because with the feet dangling, people's shoes are going to go flying.
Team members aren't a good test case for this almost all were in enclosed toed work shoes. I really don't know the answer here, although all it will take is to ask a VelociCoaster Team Member and we could get one pretty quick.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I'm happy to hear this this ride is getting some very high praise from coaster enthusiasts. It sounds like this is going to set the bar for high-thrill coasters in the industry much how RMC did in the 2010's. IoA has a STACKED line-up of coasters now with Hulk, Hagrid's, and VelociCoaster. This has more than made up for Dueling Dragons' loss tenfold in my eyes.

I know it would be very, VERY difficult to do so, but there needs to be some form of this in USH. Just get rid of Mummy there and the GP would go nuts over something like this.

What's the rule on re-rides? Assuming it was only for team members, but I just wanted to see the policies on it compared to TM Previews and AP previews, since I saw a lot on TM's riding it a lot more than once.

What's the rule on re-rides? Assuming it was only for team members, but I just wanted to see the policies on it compared to TM Previews and AP previews, since I saw a lot on TM's riding it a lot more than once.
TM's aren't even allowed to re-ride by rule. I was allowed to because there was supposedly a technical issue during my first ride, so they let at least our train go again. But unless there's a situation like that, they are going by reservation only.