Jurassic World | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally saw the movie today. Definitely fun, but yeah, there was a whole lot of developments that were kind of pointless. Hopefully Universal can make something work with all this success.
Did anyone else get a weird Sea World vibe from Zara's death? I can't help but feel like that scene was inspired by what happened to Dawn Brancheau. If so, I can't imagine that sitting too well by those who saw the incident when it happened or knew Dawn herself.

Finally saw the movie today. Definitely fun, but yeah, there was a whole lot of developments that were kind of pointless. Hopefully Universal can make something work with all this success.
Did anyone else get a weird Sea World vibe from Zara's death? I can't help but feel like that scene was inspired by what happened to Dawn Brancheau. If so, I can't imagine that sitting too well by those who saw the incident when it happened or knew Dawn herself.
I don't think it was planned or even thought about. But I can see what you're saying.

Finally got a chance to see this... If you haven't already seen it in IMAX 3D then go! It was more intense than Gravity in that format! Just the amped up audio and visuals create for an insanely fun ride :dance: The 3D wasn't the in your face kind, but it was there to give more depth, which to me was kind of a disappointment.
I don't want to compare it to the other films because it really does feel like it's own thing in a way. I hope Blue will be in the sequels! She was like a murderous version of Toothless :lol:
So do you think we could see the next installment in 2018? I imagine they'd want to get it out as soon as possible, but also take their time on it to ensure the best possible quality.

Finally got a chance to see this... If you haven't already seen it in IMAX 3D then go! It was more intense than Gravity in that format! Just the amped up audio and visuals create for an insanely fun ride :dance: The 3D wasn't the in your face kind, but it was there to give more depth, which to me was kind of a disappointment.
I don't want to compare it to the other films because it really does feel like it's own thing in a way. I hope Blue will be in the sequels! She was like a murderous version of Toothless :lol:
So do you think we could see the next installment in 2018? I imagine they'd want to get it out as soon as possible, but also take their time on it to ensure the best possible quality.

Chris Pratt will be shooting Infinity War at the end of next year/early 2017 depending on how long he's in the movie, so I think 2019 is more realistic.

I think I have to take a bye-bye from this board after hearing that this was more intense than Gravity in IMAX 3D :lol: My mind can accept more "fun" (tho I still disagree), but for sheer intensity, this doesn't even come close to Gravity. Or even JP1. Or JP2.

Seriously tho, my head is exploding. Back to theme parks for me lol.

I think I have to take a bye-bye from this board after hearing that this was more intense than Gravity in IMAX 3D :lol: My mind can accept more "fun" (tho I still disagree), but for sheer intensity, this doesn't even come close to Gravity. Or even JP1. Or JP2.

Seriously tho, my head is exploding. Back to theme parks for me lol.

I know I'm really weird that way. It's different for everybody! :lol: What's intense for most people is calm for me, but when it's intense for me it's reversed for others. I can't explain it. The music, the action, and the blaring audio were all contributions.

We had our LEGO Jurassic World event at the Toys R Us I work at so I dressed up as Owen Grady to meet customers for photos with Geoffrey!

Dear Universal Studios, may I please play one of your "Raptor Handlers?" :lol:
E3C2194A-9E02-4078-95F0-080C75E05D85_zps1tzw6n1b.jpg

Last edited:
^...Well I finally saw it today and I liked it. 9/10 and 4/5's from me. The action was through out the film and really enjoyed the homages to the original. Those kids weren't as annoying as the original, so at least they didn't subtract from the movie. Chris Pratt was great and I never felt bored or felt like a scene needed to hurry up or just be cut completely. Definitely a close 2nd best in the Jurassic Park franchise and a sequel (done properly) is something I truly anticipate.

Finally saw it, completely agree with most of @Jymmymack 's opinions. I can't believe the amount of favorable comparisons to the original. This is my least favorite movie of 2015 so far.

That's not to say it was "bad"...but this movie added nothing to the franchise at all. The opportunities for cool scenes involving the public and masses (is that not the whole point of setting this in the actual open theme park?) were completely missing, and instead we got yet another movie about a few principle characters trying to survive dinos. Only this tie, done with a lot less skill.

Also, could they have made it any cornier? The awful dialogue, the forced love interest, the complete and random 180 degree re-characterization of the main female character, the forced humor at dumb times, the convenient timing if everything, cliche villain, and bad pacing were just too obvious...and then they introduced "good guy" dinosaurs...gimme a break man.

They continued the legacy of JP3 by turning what was once a respectable franchise into a basic creature feature. This played more like a slasher (where you're just waiting for people to die off) than the sci-fi horror fable that was the first. I mean, it got the job done, it showed us cool dinosaur stuff, but I am nowhere near as in love with it as you guys are. It's just a basic creature feature with Jurassic in the title, and completely blew all the cool opportunities that came from setting the movie in a crowded theme park. 5/10

It has been announced just today that Legendary Pictures and Universal is developing a sequel to this film.

It will be released on June 22, 2018 and will have back Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard as they're respected roles. Then, director of the film; Colin Trevorrow, who directed “Jurassic World,” will co-write the screenplay with Derek Connolly with Steven Spielberg executively producing the film.

Thoughts?

It has been announced just today that Legendary Pictures and Universal is developing a sequel to this film.

It will be released on June 22, 2018 and will have back Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard as they're respected roles. Then, director of the film; Colin Trevorrow, who directed “Jurassic World,” will co-write the screenplay with Derek Connolly with Steven Spielberg executively producing the film.

Thoughts?
Perfect timing for them to start and finish construction of a new JP D or E ticket attraction in IOA. Could be done in time for the film's debut.

I'm so looking forward to this. Something else for me to obsess over for the next three years.

Sending resume now.

How do you know where to send your resume? Do you just know that the film will use the same production group as the first film? Are there separate companies that have teams of lighting techs and gaffers etc.?

I have always wondered about this when I see a production being filmed somewhere; like how did he get chosen to run around holding the lighting fill white board...