Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the part I will hate worst of this is going to be the people who just have to say its good...because they asked for it...

Like sure enjoy a dumb film..but lets not try to pretend this is a good film and throwing in more sense wont help. The issues with this film and BVS is its rushed and unlike Avengers no time has been given to let these characters grow or even like each other.
Also anyone not get why Cyborg has to be all moody? Like Teen Titans made me love that character but this movie and even Young Justice made him just a made teenager , why not the lovable jock that says booya and has fun (im aware he says it in the film but it sounds so phoned in and the actor can't have any fun with it)

Agreed with everyone on here...nothing really for me. It’s just so funny because a very small subset of people wanted this, I mean...no one was excited about Snyder helming Justice League after BvS. That movie has like a 28% in RT. And yes, the 3-hour Ultimate Cut is definitely better, but the pacing was awful, the action so muddled with CGI, chaotic camerawork and the casting was suspect (looking at you Jesse).

Meanwhile, for as much of an inheritance or rush job it was for Whedon, the man made the first two Avengers movies, 92% and 76% on RT respectively. If he couldn’t make this work, why are we to believe Snyder can, who has a track record of style or substance and not much else.

Also anyone not get why Cyborg has to be all moody? Like Teen Titans made me love that character but this movie and even Young Justice made him just a made teenager , why not the lovable jock that says booya and has fun (im aware he says it in the film but it sounds so phoned in and the actor can't have any fun with it)

And why doesn't Batman use Bat-Shark Repellent or do the Bat-tusi anymore???

In all seriousness, I'm all in for fun takes on these characters -- and I'd much prefer any version older kids could enjoy right alongside adults (<cough> Diniverse <cough>) -- but the "brooding because his dad's science experiment killed his mom and ended his football career" take on the character from the original 80s comic fits this movie a lot better than the deliberately unrealistic character in Teen Titans Go.

And why doesn't Batman use Bat-Shark Repellent or do the Bat-tusi anymore???

In all seriousness, I'm all in for fun takes on these characters -- and I'd much prefer any version older kids could enjoy right alongside adults (<cough> Diniverse <cough>) -- but the "brooding because his dad's science experiment killed his mom and ended his football career" take on the character from the original 80s comic fits this movie a lot better than the deliberately unrealistic character in Teen Titans Go.
I'm not talking about Go which is for little kids...talking the OG Teen Titans show which to this day still has the best version of beast boy and cyborg outside of some comics

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm not talking about Go which is for little kids...talking the OG Teen Titans show which to this day still has the best version of beast boy and cyborg outside of some comics
Go! isn’t for little kids. It’s basically a modern version on Animaniacs. They literally have episodes about quantum physics, building equity through owning real estate, and pyramid schemes. Most of the jokes are actually funnier for adults because of the way it comments on and references 80s-90s culture and media.

Shoot, one episode ends with a shot for shot parody of the finale of Neverending Story. That joke isn’t for “little kids.”

Go! isn’t for little kids. It’s basically a modern version on Animaniacs. They literally have episodes about quantum physics, building equity through owning real estate, and pyramid schemes. Most of the jokes are actually funnier for adults because of the way it comments on and references 80s-90s culture and media.

Shoot, one episode ends with a shot for shot parody of the finale of Neverending Story. That joke isn’t for “little kids.”
lol

Omg so your going to defend Teen Titans go....over Nolans Batman? I think we are living in two different worlds.
I've seen some episodes and the movie....just I don't get it we had pretty much a perfect version of the Titans before no clue why anyone would settle for this version but the jokes to me seem very much for little kids lots of butt jokes and things I just think arn't too funny.
Point still being Cyborg in the OG show is better than anything in the DCU animated films, young justice, live action movies or video games.

lol

Omg so your going to defend Teen Titans go....over Nolans Batman? I think we are living in two different worlds.
I've seen some episodes and the movie....just I don't get it we had pretty much a perfect version of the Titans before no clue why anyone would settle for this version but the jokes to me seem very much for little kids lots of butt jokes and things I just think arn't too funny.
Point still being Cyborg in the OG show is better than anything in the DCU animated films, young justice, live action movies or video games.
OG Teen Titans is probably the best non-comics anything DC has done. Period. (Although, I guess, technically we can say Watchmen is the best DC now... which is still weird). That said, cartoons spread a broader genre than “superhero movies.” Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are wildly different things. If you hold TTG to the same standard as TT, of course its worse. If you hold it to the standard of Gumball, Uncle Grandpa, Craig of the Creek, it’s pretty good.

That said, you can compare superhero movies to superhero movies (not 11 minute cartoons). That means Dark Knight gets compared Logan, Iron Man, and especially other Batman movies. And when you start doing that you start seeing that the films have problems.

Just want to make it super clear that my "laugh" reaction is laughing at the choice of including him and not at your post :lol:. This is an unsurprisingly terrible decision.
I have equal contempt for both Ledger AND Leto as Joker, for the same reason. That said, I wonder if, between this and Space Jam 2, they aren't burning off appearances on a deal with Leto.

I'm willing to give Leto a shot here. In Suicide Squad, supposedly the cut so many of his scenes that it just neutered the character altogether. It was a studio choice then, which is why there's a group of people that want to see David Ayer's original cut of the film.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Snyder does with him here. If Leto still sucks as Joker, then hopefully he just goes away :lol:

I'm willing to give Leto a shot here. In Suicide Squad, supposedly the cut so many of his scenes that it just neutered the character altogether. It was a studio choice then, which is why there's a group of people that want to see David Ayer's original cut of the film.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Snyder does with him here. If Leto still sucks as Joker, then hopefully he just goes away :lol:

Out of curiosity, what did you like from the Leto version of Joker that was presented? And what do you think could be done to improve it? I personally thought it was written and acted equally awful and I don't see how anything could put a positive spin.

Reactions: RevFreako
Out of curiosity, what did you like from the Leto version of Joker that was presented? And what do you think could be done to improve it? I personally thought it was written and acted equally awful and I don't see how anything could put a positive spin.

Not Nick, but as someone who wants to see more of the performance, I liked that the creators tried to update the 1940s/1950s tropes that have informed the character from Romero to Nicholson to Hamil and even Ledger. Joker is supposed to be a green haired parody of a "gangster;" that stereotype and its surrounding visual short-hand has evolved from Bugsy on The Great Movie Ride. If he's to be scary and not an anachronism, he needs to reflect our modern conceit of what criminals from Central Casting look like. More John Wick than The Godfather.

Also, and we only got glimpses of this, but Leto comes off as genuinely unhinged, like a psychopathic Andy Kaufman. He and maybe Harley are the only ones who "get" the joke he's playing on Common in the nightclub, but they think it's hysterical. Ditto making a henchman dress as a giant teddy bear--there's not some carefully mapped out plan there, he just felt like making his underling wear a bear costume. That's the random chaos that Batman fights against and that Joker should represent.

Acting wise, he was in the movie for like 3 minutes, I can't make a call either way, but Leto has been good in other things, and the direction in Squad was terrible. So ... cautiously optimistic?

Reactions: chris.g and n i c k
I didn't. That was kind of the point of my post. He basically got cut in full from the movie (There was supposedly a lot of good gory stuff), so i'm willing to give him another chance in a streamer movie where the studio isn't squeezing the gore out like they did in Suicide Squad to get that PG-13 rating.

He and maybe Harley are the only ones who "get" the joke he's playing on Common in the nightclub, but they think it's hysterical.

This is the only thing I liked about Leto's version, and something I felt was lacking in Ledger's version. To me, one of the three defining features of Joker is that everything he does should be absolutely hilarious, even if only to himself. The worst thing Joker ever did was shoot, paralyze and sexually assault Barbara Gordon, but he did it dressed as Hunter S. Thompson - hilarious, if only to himself and HST fans.