Justice League (2017/2021) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Justice League (2017/2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m someone who dislikes all DCEU movies in the era of Man of Steel to Justice League (some may call that the "Snyder" era), I still thinks there's a chance this is at least half way decent. As good as Avengers was, we saw what Whedon did with Ultron and he was only given 8 months from being implemented as director to film what he needed, edit, do VFX, etc. He was under stupid time restraints and the movie reflected it. I think a 6 episode series with mostly unseen footage (supposedly) and potentially even some newly shot footage could make for something at least watchable. And at least it will actually be one person's vision coming to life instead of the mish-mash of vision's that Justice League was.

While I do think it's toxic to indulge the fans, people don't think positively of the Justice League name/team like they do with The Avengers. I think WB is trying to change public perception a bit so when they make Justice League 2: Electric Boogalo, people actually care about seeing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
While I do think it's toxic to indulge the fans, people don't think positively of the Justice League name/team like they do with The Avengers. I think WB is trying to change public perception a bit so when they make Justice League 2: Electric Boogalo, people actually care about seeing it.

Doesn't this project have a New Mutants problem tho? Even if it's great, Affleck probably out, Cavill unclear if he'd come back (or more likely unclear if WB would pay what he thinks he's worth), Ezra Miller seems unemployable ... Maybe it will even help that it's an inevitable one-off -- forced world-building was probably the biggest gripe about Ultron -- but I don't know that Synder does anything DC after this.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Doesn't this project have a New Mutants problem tho? Even if it's great, Affleck probably out, Cavill unclear if he'd come back (or more likely unclear if WB would pay what he thinks he's worth), Ezra Miller seems unemployable ... Maybe it will even help that it's an inevitable one-off -- forced world-building was probably the biggest gripe about Ultron -- but I don't know that Synder does anything DC after this.
But there likely will still be more Justice League movies after this, was my point. JL was supposed to be their Avengers. I’m sure they still want that with R-Pat Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, re-cast Flash, etc.

I’m not saying Snyder would direct though. Imagine the buzz if they got The Russo’s to do a JL movie though...

So for anyone wondering who's coming back for reshoots, best to temper your expectations since reshoots are not happening.

The cliff notes of the article are...

- Snyder wanted to do additional photography, but that was shot down. There will be no reshoots of any kind with any actors.
- The $20-30 million to finish the movie are for the usual post-production special effects, scoring and ADR.

I would not mind if HBO Max became an avenue for alternate cuts of DC-related films.

I'd love to see them restore the original cut of SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE, which was previewed at a length of 130+ minutes, then was chopped down to 90 minutes for its theatrical release. Most of the effects work for the deleted sequences was completed, and the work would primarily be tweaking the edit and mixing it properly. It would still probably be a bad movie, but it would unquestionably be better than what ultimately got released.

Of course, SUPERMAN IV would not drive anybody (except me!) to subscribe to HBO Max!

Now that the floodgates have been opened...

I don't think this has as likely of a chance to happen as nobody has really been asking for an "Ayer Cut". Although it would be a cheap way for HBO Max to get some content that would at least entice DC Fans and water cooler content. I think if Snyder's Justice League does well for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they go the same route for Suicide Squad. Especially since you can squeeze a 6 episode show out of something like this.

On a more directly related topic, IndieWire did an interview with the Head of HBOMax and he makes it sound like it's going to cost A LOT more than the rumored $30M. From the article:

“It isn’t as easy as going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out,” Greenblatt said. “It does not exist. Zack is actually building it, and it’s complex, including new VFX shots. It’s a radical rethinking of that movie and it’s complicated and wildly expensive. I’ll just say I wish it was just $30 million and stop there. It’s an enormous undertaking and very complex.”

I saw a tweet about the floodgates opening. I can’t find the link, but to paraphrase:

“You know what other movie has an unreleased cut?

EVERY MOVIE IN EXISTENCE.”
I actually think WB making this move will almost weaken the impact that audiences have in changing things going forward because now that the Snyder Cut is actually happening, fans are going to want every movie, whether it financially deserves it or not, to try to release alternate cuts or in the #MakeSolo2Happen case, wanting the only Star wars movie to ever lose money to get a sequel or Disney+ series.

Sure, fans also helped make the Sonic changes happen, but in reality, Studios don't typically listen to fans and alter movies once they are already in production or after release. Fans need to pick their battles carefully if they want to be taken seriously or else their campaigns just become a bunch of noise.

I saw a tweet about the floodgates opening. I can’t find the link, but to paraphrase:

“You know what other movie has an unreleased cut?

EVERY MOVIE IN EXISTENCE.”

Yeah, Josh Trank was asked the other day if his original cut of Fantastic Four would ever see the light of day, to which he gave a quick "nope".

Reactions: RevFreako
Yeah, being one who wasn't fond of the theatrical cut, this trailer really isn't selling this cut to me.
Also, Snyder's recent comments on twitter isn't helping whatsoever.

Last edited:
It's going to be 4 hrs long broken up into 1 hr "episodes" then gets a digital/physical release after it has all aired.