KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering the new president of the resort cut her park running teeth at USH, and has already made some major impacts at the resort, I really hope she pushes them to upgrade to a USH or better puppet.

The time to do it will be if they reintroduce the meet and greet as part of the new complex or (again) relocate it elsewhere.

Honestly, I think all it will take is the right executive seeing it and going "what the heck is that."

Reactions: Nico
The time to do it will be if they reintroduce the meet and greet as part of the new complex or (again) relocate it elsewhere.

Honestly, I think all it will take is the right executive seeing it and going "what the heck is that."

What the heck is that indeed.

Donkey's second cousin, twice removed.

Saw these job postings and thought to the new KidZone show perhaps:
jobs.png
"SCOPE: Attending production meetings; talent casting; train performance captains & performers; uphold creative intent."

"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Role will provide show direction over events and/or venues, with up to 200 Team Members within a venue. Role will provide supervision/direction to ASD’s, Performance Coordinators, Venue Captains, etc."

View attachment 17836
"SCOPE: Attending production meetings; talent casting; train performance captains & performers; uphold creative intent."

"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Role will provide show direction over events and/or venues, with up to 200 Team Members within a venue. Role will provide supervision/direction to ASD’s, Performance Coordinators, Venue Captains, etc."
Dumb question - when something like this says "2 Year Assignment", are they moved elsewhere after 2 years? Or jobless after 2 years?

View attachment 17836

200 team members sounds like a lot of people for a show venue even including back of house staff. Granted I have no background in that type of thing, so maybe it's normal. But, to me, 200 people sounds like a pretty big venue/show.

Dumb question - when something like this says "2 Year Assignment", are they moved elsewhere after 2 years? Or jobless after 2 years?

Typically re-assigned. There are occasional instances where you're moved to seasonal if you don't have additional cross-training, but that's very rare. If you're full time they'll get a role for you.

Well

Since we're canning Woody Woodpecker, let me get Kidzone Pizza turned into Krusty Krab
Thought of this again today, would be a great idea.

Is there a reason Universal does not have a proper Spongebob attraction? Licensing agreements? Preference over owned IPs? The property is as relevant as it’s ever been, I believe the main show is still going and there are numerous spin-offs and movies still being released.

Is there a reason Universal does not have a proper Spongebob attraction? Licensing agreements? Preference over owned IPs? The property is as relevant as it’s ever been, I believe the main show is still going and there are numerous spin-offs and movies still being released.
I'd guess because of Licensing

I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it - Spongebob is the biggest missed opportunity in theme park history

I know they have Spongebob attractions at two different indoor theme parks up North…the parent operator may have continental exclusivity to the theme park rights OR Universal may not want to devalue their brand by bringing in an IP with “lesser” representation elsewhere.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I know they have Spongebob attractions at two different indoor theme parks up North…the parent operator may have continental exclusivity to the theme park rights OR Universal may not want to devalue their brand by bringing in an IP with “lesser” representation elsewhere.
1669145456999.jpeg
I’m pretty sure this exists in the same mall as the Nickelodeon theme park, so I don’t think devaluing the brand is the issue.

View attachment 17910
I’m pretty sure this exists in the same mall as the Nickelodeon theme park, so I don’t think devaluing the brand is the issue.
I feel like Dreamworks was contracted out quite a bit pre-Comcast aquisition

Now we're living in a world where those characters randomly pop up in random places

Heck, even Busch Gardens had the Madagascar characters for a short while

It's kind of interesting how licensed the characters of both Nick and Dreamworks are

Status
Not open for further replies.