Land by MIB? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Land by MIB?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As long as they tie whatever they build into the theme of World Expo, I'd be happy. I love MIB's theming (of a world fair) and would like it to extend to another attraction.

While I liked the original Matrix movie a whole lot, the franchise is long over...and there's no chance of it being brought back or rebooted...at least anytime soon.

Transformers may not be the best movie frachise, but it's very popular right now and there's still plans for more movies.

Personally, I'd love to see Star Trek brought in before anything else...Trek is pretty awesome right now!

Regardless, Matrix is a completely irrelevant franchise at this point.

The only "Hot" sci-fi properties I can think of right now are Star Trek and Transformers. Transformers is already going into UOR, and Star Trek is a former attraction.

Like I've said before, trackless dark ride. I guess I'm the only one here who wants to see The Matrix in a theme park?

I loved the Matrix (the sequels, not so much), and my inner teenager would certainly be very happy if they made a ride out of it. But I'm not so sure it makes sense from a business point of view. It's not exactly a relevant IP anymore.

I think if you are going the Sci Fi route, hard to beat Star Trek. There are so many options from the movies and films they could work with. For better or worse its been around for decades and wont be leaving anytime soon.

Like I've said before, trackless dark ride. I guess I'm the only one here who wants to see The Matrix in a theme park?

how would a trackless dark ride fit a fast-paced high-tech action movie? Just because a ride system is cool doesn't mean it translates into any kind of theme. Can you imagine a Matrix overlay in Pooh's Hunny Hunt? It really wouldn't be exciting enough to do justice to the films. Not to mention what would the ride vehicles be? What kind of motion would the Matrix universe offer? Spider-Man has web-swinging, HP has flying, Transformers has, well, transforming. I mean, I think FJ has a cool ride system but that doesn't mean they should use it for a Skyfall attraction (how would a Kuka arm or any sort of flying tie in with that story).

Universal Creative has to consider a lot of things before they make attractions, not just what the coolest technology is. They need to tell a story.

I love ET, it's one of my favorite movies and I'm glad Universal's kept the ride this long. It's a break from what's hot now and back into a classic. That's what I'd like to see a little more of.

E.T. and Twister are classic rides that a lot of people are tired of, but I still enjoy them. I just wish they would update those attractions a bit so they don't have to get rid of them in the future.

E.T. and Twister are classic rides that a lot of people are tired of, but I still enjoy them. I just wish they would update those attractions a bit so they don't have to get rid of them in the future.

E.T. yes. Twister I wouldn't call a "classic" since I don't really care for it :lol:

The only Trek I've seen is the new film from a few years ago, but even I know that Trek would be popular enough to have its own land and I'm sure the ride would be awesome. The Matrix's popularity was dying by late 2003 when the final film was released; it certainly hasn't picked up in fandom over the years.

E.T. yes. Twister I wouldn't call a "classic" since I don't really care for it :lol:

The only Trek I've seen is the new film from a few years ago, but even I know that Trek would be popular enough to have its own land and I'm sure the ride would be awesome. The Matrix's popularity was dying by late 2003 when the final film was released; it certainly hasn't picked up in fandom over the years.

How did the new Trek movie go over with the old school hardcore Trekkies? I personally liked it and the newest one looks pretty good.

I guess for me Twister is a classic(Not along the lines of a E.T. though.) I think Star Trek, Fast and the Furious, 007 show, or a new Kong attraction would be my realistic ideal attractions for Universal in the future. And I don't think Matrix is bad idea, I think it could be an amazing ride and I'm a fan of the first two movies, but I don't ever see them making one now though. If I could I have my perfect scenario I would make Fear Factor to 007, Star Trek in between MIB and The Simpsons, and maybe Fast and the Furious or Kong in the area of T2 because that area is in need of another ride.

Last edited: