Lower Lot Redesign | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a possible list of Lower lot expansion candidates as I feel the new additions will be split into mini areas. So, heres my list of possible expansions:

- Johns Secret Project (Horror land?)

- Nintendo

- Skull Island (If successful in Orlando. Current KK attraction here would be rethemed)

- Seuss (Not counting this out yet.)

If I'd have to go into detail on attractions; I'd do this.

-John Secret Project; House of Horrors Dark ride

-Nintendo; MarioKart transformers type family dark ride and Donkey Kong family coaster

-Skull Island; Reign of Kong

-Seuss; Grinch or CiTH

I feel the Lower Lots going to get a lot of attention the next few years down the line. Whatever comes, is the question here. And it'd be logical to put these IPS on the list of Lower lot expansion candidates. It all depends on who gets it first or who doesn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the Lower Lots going to get a lot of attention the next few years down the line. Whatever comes, is the question here. And it'd be logical to put these IPS on the list of Lower lot expansion candidates. It all depends on who gets it first or who doesn't get it.
I have a strong sense of Nintendo coming to the Lower Lot.  In what form, who knows?  I think the amount of open space Nintendo will get will offer them unlimited options on where to place things.

I have a hunch Mummy is not long for this world.  Will it close for Nintendo...? I think that will depend on if it closes in 2015 or 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strong sense of Nintendo coming to the Lower Lot.  In what form, who knows?  I think the amount of open space Nintendo will get will offer them unlimited options on where to place things.

I have a hunch Mummy is not long for this world.  Will it close for Nintendo...? I think that will depend on if it closes in 2015 or 2016.
Agreed, with a new mummy reboot coming up Universal may want to pretend the old trilogy didn't happen or try to erase evidence of it.

I don't think Mummy will go until the reboot comes out. If it does well in the box office, then they will keep it around and update it. 

Mummy has also been Delayed to 2017, remember that..We don't exactly know if they are going to be that patient for a redo of the old ride or they tear it down and use the soundstage on TFs Right for another large project.

The Mummy would probably get rethemed before going bye-bye. This is a park that can't put up a decent coaster because neighbors will complain, so they really can't get rid of one that doesn't bother the neighbors. It's a fun little coaster that just needs a better storyline, and an ending that makes sense!

As for the rest of the lot, namely Stages 28 and 22-25: I think it's gotta be Nintendo Land. The space being taken up by 22, 23 and 28 is about 350 feet wide. Gringotts is at least 375 feet wide. Even if they find a way to make it fit, the building would end right about where the food court/museum building starts, which means Diagon Alley would have to fit completely into the area taken up by the food court and 24/25. (Orienting the building the other way leaves an alley only about 100 feet wide between Gringotts and Transformers.) It COULD be done - without the Hogwarts Express and the "Piccadilly Circus" area out front - but it would require a whole lot of redesigning, which makes things more costly. I don't think they could snake the Express through a working studio, so that's basically why I don't think this will happen. That train is the breakout hit of Diagon Alley.

Nintendo is being planned for the KidZone in USF, and that area is way smaller than this area. Problem is, it depends on what that turns into. If ET goes, then were talking about areas pretty similar in size. If the lot between The Simpsons and MIB is included, then all bets are off. That lot is HUGE, larger than Diagon Alley WITH the train station! That lot, if used, would probably be home to some form of a Mario Kart racing track, though, which certainly won't be put down here unless it's indoors.

So my money is on Nintendo, mainly because they could open the two US lands simultaneously. There would also be several attractions - compared to Diagon Alley's one - and USH needs to up it's attraction count. It's also much easier to relocate attractions in differently-shaped areas than it is to redesign what is basically one large, weirdly-shaped building. (Diagon Alley could be plopped exactly as created - making it cheaper - in the Backlot and reached via Hogwarts Express, which is a good way of limiting crowds there.) Most importantly, the Lower Lot DESPERATELY needs something for the kiddies. And a Nintendo Land could be easily expanded if Soundstages 16-20 go away. I'd be a little tougher to do that with Diagon Alley.

okay, here is my prediction...

Nintendo will take Stage 22-25.  Diagon Alley (minus Hogwarts Express) was able to fit if Gringotts took the place of Stages 33-37, 41-44.  Reverse Diagon's layout and the London facade fits perfectly in front of the Starway.

I will throw in my own prediction as well.

Lower%20Lot%20redesing.png