Lower Lot Redesign | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When Universal Creative is not building Ghostbuster rides, I highly doubt that will ever happen.  Look at what UC is doing these days and you might find some answers.  Hollywood does not get many unique options unless its a show and I don't think Comcast is looking at shows at the moment.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Unless it's a hybrid show/attraction like Lights Camera Action or SES moved elsewhere, I don't think we'll see a new show for a loooong while after the last few shows were flops.

I don't mind Hollywood not getting something unique as long as the clone is as high quality as its counterpart in a different park, or if Hollywood improves on the concept, like with DM:MM. Many of us don't have the option of traveling to Orlando, so I we could expand with clones of some of Orlando's best, I'm all for it :)

It definitely makes sense that Universal and Comcast will continue building things that are known to be profitable and have been proven big hits already before.

I will say this: Expansion Land is extremely precious at USH, especially if it's soundstages that are being replaced. If something eventually replaces any of them, it better be something huge and amazing and worthy of the space!

(If anyone says Diagon Alley on the lower lot, I will yell...lol)

But Chris, that really makes sense. Universal and Disney have been doing that a lot recently. I have nothing against cloning. If it's a popular attraction that has already went through the design and development phase, it's nice to port a popular addition elsewhere where the only cost will be construction, not the development process, like with Transformers.

Yeah, Despicable Me has been the biggest recent hit Universal has had besides the F&F franchise.

I hope Illumination keeps making more original films and not just remakes and spin offs.
Yeah, I have a feeling Uni will try to milk Despicable Me for as long as possible with spinoffs, etc.

I wonder if they have anything big planned to correlate with the release of Minions next summer.
With a Despicable Me ride already in place, I honestly doubt it.  How about a Family Guy ride and Quahog to compliment Simpsons in the upper lot haha?  That's pretty cliche though.

I know Universal also recently bought the theme park rights to the Lord of the Rings.  A remake of half of the lower lot into Hobbiton would be pretty awesome!

that's not confirmed for Middle earth. and it'd be mad to think that it'd come here first due to the capacity of the park right now, even after potter phase I

Lord of the Rings was never confirmed and I don't think it'll happen for a while.

And yeah, I don't see anything happening in honor of the new Minion movie, we already have a whole mini land for Despicable Me. Jurassic Park and Mummy Rides never did anything huge when the sequels came out.

I think we'll eventually see a full holiday overlay or a new randomized ride film in Despicable Me though.

As for the Lower Lot, if something is going to take up the real estate down there, it has to be HUGE and super popular. I don't think they'll waste it on just anything. It'll have to be a big hit.

Reactions: Aaron
that's not confirmed for Middle earth. and it'd be mad to think that it'd come here first due to the capacity of the park right now, even after potter phase I
We all know nothing is confirmed yet for LOTR.  Diagon Alley obviously can't fit there unless they knock down two more soundstages so that's not an option right now, though it would be nice to be able to avoid the Starway with the Hogwarts Express.  It would be rather disappointing to see an attraction like Madagascar Crate Adventure replace the Soundstage 28 :/

How about a Family Guy ride and Quahog to compliment Simpsons in the upper lot haha?  That's pretty cliche though.
Don't get me wrong, I like Family Guy, but like The Simpsons it's past its prime. Not to mention it isn't family friendly.

It would be rather disappointing to see an attraction like Madagascar Crate Adventure replace the Soundstage 28 :/
I very much disagree, an attraction like Madagascar is something USH needs (family friendly dark rides). Obviously we can't get Madagascar due to SeaWorld owning rights, but another theme could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we can't get Madagascar, but a ride similar to it would be perfect for USH and is absolutely what the park is lacking: A family friendly dark ride.

I sincerely don't even care about the theme anymore....literally ANY theme will satisfy me at this point as long as it's a family dark ride.

But I have a feeling that USH will focus on adding big E Ticket rides for a while at first.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm not expecting the announcement of another Despicable Me ride. Haha. I'm just assuming that they'll be doing something, whether it be the premiere for the movie in CityWalk, or some weird promotion similar to Summer of Survival (you guys remember that train-wreck?). 

Anyway, back on topic. As I mentioned once before, I think the Lower Lot would benefit greatly from a redesign that changes it into more of a hub rather than one elongated path with guests wedged in-between the buildings on either side. Getting rid of Panda Express and NBCUniversal Experience could definitely alleviate the heavy traffic.

personaly, i'd love to see those buildings used for 2 mini-lands, instead of one huge land. have a family based mini-land next to JP and a Thrilling IP taking over SS28 with the area there themed to it. it'd allow some more diversity but its probably not to be.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm not expecting the announcement of another Despicable Me ride. Haha. I'm just assuming that they'll be doing something, whether it be the premiere for the movie in CityWalk, or some weird promotion similar to Summer of Survival (you guys remember that train-wreck?).

Anyway, back on topic. As I mentioned once before, I think the Lower Lot would benefit greatly from a redesign that changes it into more of a hub rather than one elongated path with guests wedged in-between the buildings on either side. Getting rid of Panda Express and NBCUniversal Experience could definitely alleviate the heavy traffic.
Oh you can bet your booty that Universal will make more events and promotions for the Despicable Me franchise. They've even hinted at in in past surveys. Scavenger Hunts, different events, parties, etc.

Lots of potential.

And oh god, please no more [HASHTAG]#SOS[/HASHTAG] events...lol

But yeah, the Lower Lot's redesign is inevitable. Guests will need to get to and from the new attraction(s), and currently Panda and Universal Experience are really in the way. I'm open for any changes at this point. Bring it on, Universal :)

I can say this about the future attraction(s) for the Lower Lot. They're gonna build a ride or rides that will also be big E-Tickets, as that's kind of what the Lower Lot has become. And it's gonna HAVE to be good, as there's only so much land Universal can acquire down there and it'll be boxed in. So they're gonna go all out or go home. It'll have to be a huge hit.

Which I like. The Upper Lot has kind of become a Fantasyland of sorts, and the lower lot is basically Action/Adventureland. So it'll also be something that continues that theme most likely. I'd love a family friendly dark ride, but they're probably saving that as a replacement for SES or something else on the upper lot. Stage 28 and the other stages would probably receive something more exciting/in line with the other attractions on the lower lot or even better.

Do you guys think the Mummy will eventually be razed within the next 5 years? It opened 10 years ago now and the Mummy movie franchise has honestly never been that popular.  Although despite the fact that it replaced ET, it's still a good ride and it was certainly very popular when it first opened.  The Simpsons, Transformers, and Despicable Me have all been beating the wait times since though.

Last edited by a moderator: