Lower Lot Redesign | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
in the park yesterday during the studio tour the guide told us that a new show staring America Ferrera was moving into soundstages 22-23 (or 23-24 can anyone clarify this I can't remember now exactly!)

and also stages 42-23 I believe. Those for a new show with Eva Longoria.

What does that mean about our (hopeful) future lower lot developments!? 

Really does kinda point towards 33-36 being next...

thoughts?

Theres a question to be raised, when exactly did the sources say the Soundstages would shut down? In retrospective, they could get a quick production of a show done fast if its a few little shows like those.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was put in charge of the lower lot this is what I would want to see.

28lgrwm.jpg

Reactions: Bonkers and Aaron
Its one of those things i'd wish come..but it could prove more into a internal nightmare than anything else.

I'm going to let some thoughts here..and expect it to be a doozy.

So if it seems that Diagon and Nintendo are definite then that raises a big point; for the next two major Universal Hollywood projects, we're talking DENSE areas.

I've made a form of what i'd think could be where they're going and i'll explain.

9XTqEgi.png

Now let me explain the obvious, whats with nothing at the Mummy plot except a plaza, new London park and a new road for guests? Well I think once Mummy closes (which should, "Should" close after the first summer of Nintendo's lifecycle here, we'd see Mummy announced to close right after Labor Day weekend of that summer. But I think Deconstruction for Diagon will be even before that, with the soundstages starting behind Mummy.

What replaces Mummy is somewhat immediate for the year after the closure, a new plaza and relocated Wheelchair disabled pick/up area next to the future area of Diagon Alley. The Plaza could be a form of filler in-case of Diagons overflow but it'd also allow it to reach the Jurassic Park side with the new over-flow road; shown in the photo.

The Plaza might also act similar to how Universal Plaza works with a new Meet and Greet for the Transformers characters located there. It'd work in a way that it'd allow new footspace for guest flow and actually good for when Diagon needs line space for TMs to easily get the line done.

Now for the case of Diagon itself..It'd have a expanded building for Magical Menageries, the beverage shop in there; and more importantly, storage for certain merchandise. Now, the way I see it also, Diagon has to have a Ollivanders. The way it'd work is more just for getting a more equal amount for the Hogsmeade version and the Diagon version, (it'd have the room count it has in Orlando).

And the obvious, It'd have no Hogwarts Express. As much as I hate that it'd not work for this version, it makes sense from a size point of view and layout point of view.

It'd also allow another backstage entrance or what i'd think is probable, the Transformers Exit being re-formatted with a brand new façade. It'd be a win-win for A&D and the fan base to fix the façade and entrance. Now, it'd also possibly be the loss of the Transformers store.. (which I see something happening to the Character shop..for this..)

One final thing, Nintendo. Upon looking at it, I'm leaning to where Sean from Parkscope said on OU. if this will be anywhere similar to Orlando's counterpart, it is going to have to be a DENSE area. And from what it seems as well; five attractions for that version. So the way I see this entire Nintendo area, it has to be more on the format of Dense and Quantitative for the attraction, even though it'll still be at a high amount of quality.

So, with that said I have this sort of timeline..

2018: Nintendo (Launch with Orlando very similar to the Simpsons Ride launch where it'll be few weeks off)

2019: New Lower Lot Plaza/Wheelchair location/Road

Late 2020/Early 2021: Diagon Alley with new Transformers façade/Exit/Visual enhancements.

Now, I can be either correct or extremely off but I think this is where Universal would WANT to go, but that's just my thinking.

I think these designs have something in common that I'd love to see: a Lower Lot hub. Given that the Lower Lot houses a majority of the park's rides, it would only make sense to create an area where guests can rest, plan, eat, rendezvous, etc. Currently, the only place guests can sit down in the LL is at a dining venue or alongside the JP Splashdown. Aside from that, the main pathway leading from the StarWay to TF is always clogged. It'd be nice to have a place where guests can take a breather (and not fill up the main walkway!).

Reactions: Aaron and Alexshow.
I've updated what my thoughts are..with placemarkers.

OjRH2qM.png

R2; R3 - New main paths for Park use

R1; R4; R5 - Backstage roads

G1; G2; G3; G4 - New areas for forest/Greenery

S1 - New Transformers Gift Shop

S2 - As stated before, Magical Menageries; Storage; and Drink store

S3 - Knockturn Alley Expansion, new portion

B1 - Hidden Backstage gate entrance, cleverly themed to match the London area

D1 - Wheelchair Shuttle drop-op/Pickup

Changes I made is a plaza very similar to the Universal Plaza, it'd be able to have two food options, a open-air Plaza, and the Transformers shop. The path would also get a bit more extended.

Nintendo I also just took a shot in the dark and added the soundstages that are above Tranformers, but we'll see how far they go demolishing Soundstages.

The rest is similar to what I said, but the differences in DA is with two things..Knockturn expansion and the expanded Magical building.

I think these designs have something in common that I'd love to see: a Lower Lot hub. Given that the Lower Lot houses a majority of the park's rides, it would only make sense to create an area where guests can rest, plan, eat, rendezvous, etc. Currently, the only place guests can sit down in the LL is at a dining venue or alongside the JP Splashdown. Aside from that, the main pathway leading from the StarWay to TF is always clogged. It'd be nice to have a place where guests can take a breather (and not fill up the main walkway!).
I hope this is something they take into consideration once they start to focus their attention on the Lower-Lot. 

Reactions: William
I've been meaning to ask this for a little bit now, to the people that might know this. Is the CSI SS demolishment that was rumored a few months back still going to happen by the end of the year? Just wondering on more of how fast they want to redo the Lower Lot as its going to be quite interesting..

I've been meaning to ask this for a little bit now, to the people that might know this. Is the CSI SS demolishment that was rumored a few months back still going to happen by the end of the year? Just wondering on more of how fast they want to redo the Lower Lot as its going to be quite interesting..
From what we have seen, Stage 22-25 are still in use for production.  I am not aware of what is currently in there, but they are not slated to go just yet.

Reactions: Alexshow.