Luminous: The Symphony Of Us | Inside Universal Forums

Luminous: The Symphony Of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Getting rid of the barges will be the victory.

Until I hear something positive from somebody like Martin over on Magic (who thought this was going to be a promising project back when it was announced, but has been silent about it since), I'm not expecting a good show here. It seems extremely strange to scrap all the expensive Harmonious infrastructure only to do the same kind of show anyway.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think I’m going to wait and see it before I make up my mind that it sucks. A show like this can be good. Harmonious has really good sections. But the barges always being there on top of creating an awkward viewing experience is what truly killed that show.

I think I’m going to wait and see it before I make up my mind that it sucks. A show like this can be good.

I haven't decided that anything sucks, but I am setting my expectation level at a significantly low place.

Talk of original music is encouraging, but if the bulk of the attraction is just another Disney songs clips package, that will be another missed opportunity to do something special and singular that could only exist in World Showcase.

:lol: The dichotomy of theme park fans:

All Year: “We want new things! The parks need to invest in new original experiences!”

Something New is Announced: “I dont know what it is but it’s gonna suck”
I mean to be fair its only a few people

Also to be fair to thee upset fans they just aren't expecting much, while I enjoy the new WOC many here think he OG show is better, most fans I think agree the OG Fantasmic (disneyland) is a better show (not talking about the new special effects, I mean the flow of the old show with Peter Pan vs Pirates).

So I see both sides, I rarely see a nightime show and am upset....heck I'm excited Disneyland is still doing the mini Bruno show at Small World, its like 3-4 mins long but its just fun.

That's way to
:lol: The dichotomy of theme park fans:

All Year: “We want new things! The parks need to invest in new original experiences!”

Something New is Announced: “I dont know what it is but it’s gonna suck”

First of all, that's a very simplistic version of things!

Second of all, I've seen enough of what Disney's done in Epcot over the last seven years to know that I should, at minimum, be skeptical! I can only be pleasantly surprised that way.

If this ends up being a show that meets the standard of what I think a nighttime spectacular in Epcot should be, I will be more thrilled than anybody here, I guarantee.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Small victories should be celebrated.
Actually, it's a big VICTORY. Those horrendous barges ruined the park's ambiance. I'll be there in eight days...barge free.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

One nice thing about Epcot. Since Guardians and Rat have opened, the lines to all the other attractions are now very reasonable. Yes, capacity matters.

Wait times have dropped dramatically at Soarin because of this. Crowds are more spread out and Soarin is now a walk-on mostly for the last 2 hours of park operations, something unheard of 4 years ago.

If they can put (I hate saying this) Coco into Gran Fiesta Tour, update Figment, and renovate Spaceship Earth, waits at Remy's & Frozen should decline as well.

Wait times have dropped dramatically at Soarin because of this. Crowds are more spread out and Soarin is now a walk-on mostly for the last 2 hours of park operations, something unheard of 4 years ago.

If they can put (I hate saying this) Coco into Gran Fiesta Tour, update Figment, and renovate Spaceship Earth, waits at Remy's & Frozen should decline as well.

I'm still advocating for new rides in World Showcase that aren't IP based, especially before renovating Spaceship Earth (but not changing it) since it has such high throughput. I would hate for Three Caballeros to be taken out as we actually like that ride. Save Coco for a ride at Studios.