Luminous: The Symphony Of Us | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Luminous: The Symphony Of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know that I'd buy that. The show infrastructure is clearly not ready, either, so I don't think that needing a new score is the reason this isn't opening in the next two weeks.

Also, Toprak's "Epcot Anthem" is promising, and feels suitably Epcot-y to me.

Reactions: OrlLover
Every show they've done for Orlando since Rivers of Light has been a dud, or at the very least a downgrade from what it replaced.

Every show they've done for Orlando since Rivers of Light has been a dud, or at the very least a downgrade from what it replaced.
To be fair it was only the Epcot shows which people are very sensitive about and have a certain vision of what they think constitutes a good show.

Fantasmic came back upgraded and clearly a much better version of itself.

I do appreciate them changing out shows once every couple of years. I hate having the same show for like 20 years. Personally I didn't think Harmonious and Enchantmant where that bad and I don't like that they lasted only 2 years or so.

Reactions: OrlLover
Well Bioreconstruct has a ton of photo's of over engineered barges that will fill the lagoon (at night?). Can't say they look "magical".
I think the biggest problem was the push for ip and not an original score like the previous shows.
F74CY72WIAAjUBD

I wasn’t paying attention at the time - were the Harmonious barges completely scrapped and these built from scratch or did they use a parts bin approach from the old ones to build these?

I really have no issue with big barges that aren’t out all day and don’t have LED screens that are insanely bright when the entire area is dark.

I wasn’t paying attention at the time - were the Harmonious barges completely scrapped and these built from scratch or did they use a parts bin approach from the old ones to build these?

I really have no issue with big barges that aren’t out all day and don’t have LED screens that are insanely bright when the entire area is dark.

They surprisingly demo'd it entirely

Well Bioreconstruct has a ton of photo's of over engineered barges that will fill the lagoon (at night?). Can't say they look "magical".
I think the biggest problem was the push for ip and not an original score like the previous shows.
F74CY72WIAAjUBD
The barges for Illumination barges weren't the prettiest looking things either, but like with Illuminations, they're not designed for looks as they'll be backstage during the day and brought out each night for the show. Definitely a big improvement over Harmonious's mistake of permanent barges out on the lake, however I'm still skeptical about the show.

Something that absolutely hampered Harmonious (and Rivers of Light) for me was it showed all its tricks very early in the show, so it had nowhere to go from there. And we won't know if this show drops into the same pitfall until it performs.