Magic Kingdom Cabanas | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom Cabanas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Although I agree this entire idea is ridiculous, to be fair it was said that this is a test. I would assume that the plan is to build more permanent cabanas at some point (unfortunately).
I get that, but if I saved for years to go to Disney and saw them testing "Outdoor world" style camping huts next to space mountain, id have a bad taste in my mouth.

I get that, but if I saved for years to go to Disney and saw them testing "Outdoor world" style camping huts next to space mountain, id have a bad taste in my mouth.
Yep, I agree. Of course every time I go to WDW it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth this is just the newest thing.

Reactions: Porkchop
For $650 they better have someone serving me drinks from the Beast castle cooler.

Those "plants" look so remarkably half assed.

Reactions: tankart150
I've seen someone say that this also gives you reserved seats for fireworks and parades. If that is true, I could see these things selling like hotcakes. I'm planning a DL trip right now, and all of the dessert parties, tours and meal packages that offer reserved seating for some thing are $60-$80 a pop. Granted, you get food or a tour with them, but you also only get you one event. And truthfully, a lot of people book these things so you don't have to stand in line for an hour plus to get a good spot. With this, I'm assuming, you'd get at least a fireworks show and a parade, and maybe all of them. If thats the case, if you have 8 people it's around $80 apiece. I think you'll have people buying these for the reserved spots and never even bother with the cabana.

Reactions: Ashleigh
And that's why it's tough to find a bench to rest on at MK. They want you to pay for the honor...As opposed to Universal, which I've noticed has actually increased the benches in both parks. We love to just sit on a bench & people watch at Universal while sipping a drink.Great ambiance.... At MK we had to lay on the hub's hot artificial turf to take a rest. Not very people friendly. They'll probably start charging for that too, in the future.

Reactions: Porkchop
And that's why it's tough to find a bench to rest on at MK. They want you to pay for the honor...As opposed to Universal, which I've noticed has actually increased the benches in both parks. We love to just sit on a bench & people watch at Universal while sipping a drink.Great ambiance.... At MK we had to lay on the hub's hot artificial turf to take a rest. Not very people friendly. They'll probably start charging for that too, in the future.

Plus you were probably sober at Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
I love sitting on the benches or walls in the Uni Park areas, so easy to find that quiet space

I'm so shocked at this move. For $650 I would want the most phenomenal experience and night of fireworks ever - not these awful looking structures. I like to splurge on a nice hotel room at Disney every now and then, but there is literally no way I could justify spending that kind of money on a glorified tent.

People will pay for it. Let's hope the permanent structures aren't as much as an eyesore.

This says more about Disney seeing what sticks and shows a lack of understanding of their product than anything else. Disney wants cruise ships and stores, they seem not to want to run theme parks.

They seem to have forgotten how, such a shame, such a crying shame.

I, like may, used to be staunch Disney, not so much now. The hard faced , money grubbing, un Disney Like decisions have made me resent them rather than support them. Universal on the other hand...............

The shift Disney has been making in the past 5+ years is towards a "luxury" experience. Not only because of ticket prices, but their hotel and "exclusive" food events. They are trying to attract the crowd that will have no problem blowing 1,000 at the gift shops, and staying at an overpriced Villa in the Polynesian resort. These cabanas are the epitome of that shift. They have enough middle class customers, they want the high class customers to start viewing this like they view a 5 star beach resort in Miami Beach.

The shift Disney has been making in the past 5+ years is towards a "luxury" experience. Not only because of ticket prices, but their hotel and "exclusive" food events. They are trying to attract the crowd that will have no problem blowing 1,000 at the gift shops, and staying at an overpriced Villa in the Polynesian resort. These cabanas are the epitome of that shift. They have enough middle class customers, they want the high class customers to start viewing this like they view a 5 star beach resort in Miami Beach.

Well it sucks and I hope it bites them in the ass, can I say ass?

Except this is a theme park holding 80k people, not a five star beach resort. It's basic fundamental issues of how people approach the parks. This is like Disney installing movie theater quality of life enhancements to their theater shows.