Manta | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It looks like the fuzzy kids are running to avoid getting wet right? I hope that's true because that would be a cool feature if when the wing dips into the water it throws off a huge wave onto the people watching at the rail there. Another opportunity for SW to sell $30 towels!

I got construction pics curtsy of Screamscape and Johnny Upside Down for you guys and gals.

sw49a.jpg

sw50a.jpg

sw51a.jpg

sw52a.jpg

sw53a.jpg

sw54a.jpg

sw55a.jpg

sw56a.jpg

sw57a.jpg

sw58a.jpg

sw59a.jpg

sw60a.jpg

Yes.... HRRR can rest easy, knowing it is no longer the worst concept art ever. :lol:
Everytime I see HRRR I think of a autistic child...I hate that acronym. Not mad at you but why would you name an attraction something like that? Especially knowing people will use that as the acronym. HTR is way catchier anyways.

Everytime I see HRRR I think of a autistic child...I hate that acronym. Not mad at you but why would you name an attraction something like that? Especially knowing people will use that as the acronym. HTR is way catchier anyways.

All right, geez, I'm going to change it. It's my first time in a while using that specific acronym. Happy?? :lol:

Found this on the SeaWorld website:

MANTA, RIDE THE FLYING RAY FACT SHEET

SeaWorld Orlando has announced the next generation of SeaWorld thrills with Manta -- a new mega-attraction which will seamlessly transition guests from the awe of watching rays in underwater flight…into the sensation of actually being one. Swooping over sea and sky, Manta will inspire riders with amazing underwater animal habitats, then soar them face-down aboard a manta-inspired flying coaster. Manta opens summer 2009.

FROM SEEING…THE ANIMALS

Total Animals: 3,000

Gallons of Water: 184,000 gallons total

Aquariums: 10

Species: 60+

Rays: 304

Sea Dragons: 23

Sea Horses: 20

Fish: 2,500+ (tropical fish, cardinal fish, invertebrates).

Underwater Views: Floor-to-ceiling, 9 foot tall views through 4 inches of Plexiglas; including a 220 square foot overhead viewing panel for observing schools of rays circling above.

Exterior Lagoon: 16,300 square feet

TO BEING…THE RAY

Type of Ride: Flying coaster

Seating: Horizontal, face-down, four people across

Thrills: Flies through sky and over a lagoon

Height: 140 feet

Maximum Drop: 113 feet

Top Speed: 56 miles per hour

Inversions: 4

Track Length: 3,359 feet

Vehicle wing span: 12 feet

Cycle Time: 2 minutes, 35 seconds

Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard; Monthey, Switzerland

Height requirement: 54 inches

Trains: 3 per track; with 32 people on each train

Capacity: Approximately 1,500 people per hour

Opening date: Summer 2009

"OMG THIS RIDE IS GOING TO LIKE OWN AND PWN AND JUNK!!!"
Being a n00b aside lol, I do think Manta will be fun and it'll be a change in Orlando for once. Seriously, something in Orlando other than E.T. that flys? This is going to be very cool and I like the fact that Busch did it because we've seen SheiKra, Kumba, and Montu and those are Busch B&M's and they turned out great. I didn't mention Kraken for a reason because I am not a Kraken fan. I'm a Journey to Atlantis fan if anything.