Manta | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the pics Angela/Jason! It does look like you could ride it today though, there must be some big time work ahead. It does make a nice advertisement though for all the guests in and around the park to come back this summer.

Thanks for the pics Angela/Jason! It does look like you could ride it today though, there must be some big time work ahead. It does make a nice advertisement though for all the guests in and around the park to come back this summer.

You know I kept telling Jason that I wasn't Angela. He kept trying to hold my hand the whole time while we were in the SkyTower. I guess it's a romantic view for him.. ;) All I wanted to do was take the pics, and he just wanted some play. He really missed Angela that day. :lol:

Just a quick snapshot of Manta that Adrianna took today.

IMG_3922.jpg

You know I kept telling Jason that I wasn't Angela. He kept trying to hold my hand the whole time while we were in the SkyTower. I guess it's a romantic view for him.. ;) All I wanted to do was take the pics, and he just wanted some play. He really missed Angela that day. :lol:

Ha ha ha, just read this and realized what I wrote, too funny! Maybe next time he'll win you a stuffed Shamu...:yikes:

I have to say, flying coasters are probably the most boring types of steel coasters out there (Tatsu being the exception). They're usually characterized by slow speed after the initial drop, and very tame. The only thing that makes these coasters fun to ride, is the sheer fact that you're on your stomach, and you're on your back for parts of the ride.

that's true, but the flat spin/corkscrew lookin thing gonna be wicked.
the scenery is gonna be awesome.

Trust me, it's most likely not going to be at any speed. There's one on Tatsu, but its not very fast, if I remember correctly. It's definitely a cool element, but it'd be a heck of a lot cooler if the coaster could handle it at speed.

I agree that it doesn't seem amazingly intense, in fact the ride seems reminiscent of Montu to me (the drop that goes off at a curve instead of being steep). It'll be lots of fun and I would get off giddy, but it won't be that intense. I'm still looking forward to it, though.

This is from the Orlando Sentinel the other day:

SeaWorld Orlando is narrowing down -- and moving up -- the time frame for the debut of its Manta roller coaster. Officials now say it will be ready in the month of May -- no specific date revealed yet. Previously, the theme park had said it would be opening in the summer of 2009.
The rail for the coaster, which will have riders in a flying position under a giant ray built into the car and above water and other hazards, has been completely in place since late December. Now work is being done on the queue and its accompanying aquarium feature -- things like filtration.
The coaster cars and an official teaser video are expected next month.