Minion Café - USF | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone who had the purple Minion drink had lower intestinal issues (trying not to be too graphic)?

I got a report from a TM that they had some really bad discomfort and time in the restroom, and when they compared notes with the other TMs that had the same drink they all had the same issues...
I noticed the topping on that one is a bit oilier than the yellow one, but I didn’t have any issues. Considering all the junk I ate yesterday, it’s shocking I didn’t have any stomach issues tbh lol. Completely felt fine.

This was how it looked when I stirred in the topping.

IMG_5609.jpeg

It’s the first restaurant built with mobile order first. There are two cashiers inside for anyone having issues, but you still need a table.

I had to wait until I got to my table before I was able to hit “prepare my order” so I could pair it to the table number.

To add: there was a table of six who couldn’t get their mobile order to work so they had to go to the counter. I don’t know where that is as my pairing my order to the table number worked.
This feels like the most efficient way to mobile order - my issue with the existing system was that there was nothing limiting people from just bombarding the kitchen with orders, worst being VooDoo at closing time where I’ve abandoned orders for 1-2 doughnuts after 45+ minutes because of how buried they were.

Disney‘s is better, but having to choose a return time can be annoying. I’ve never eaten at Connections because I can’t get a reasonable time to come back. “If you can sit down you can order” feels like the best solution.

Also, if this eliminates the “let me go save a table while someone waits in line for 15 minutes to actually get the food” people then hallelujah.

Also, if this eliminates the “let me go save a table while someone waits in line for 15 minutes to actually get the food” people then hallelujah.
this is probably the biggest win in my book. you [probably] can't stop people from acting ... in their own self interest at a detriment to those around them, but you can try to eliminate the areas where it's most likely to be a problem.

That’s interesting…do any other quick-serve restaurants work that way? I like the idea but I gotta imagine they waste a lot of tables with people just sitting and waiting doing it this way.
I just returned from my trip and had to do this at the Fantastic 4 cafe. Didn’t have any problems but we were the first people in there and only chose this place cause it was one of two places open at 10am. There was a lady walking around & was very helpful when we looked confused.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Just ate at Burgers Digs today and it looks like they are rolling out the option of reserving a time slot for your mobile order ala Disney's system. Seems like Universal is starting to follow Disney in some of the better things they do. Hopefully, they don't copy them too much and implement their own version of Genie lol

IMG_2123.jpg

I noticed the topping on that one is a bit oilier than the yellow one, but I didn’t have any issues. Considering all the junk I ate yesterday, it’s shocking I didn’t have any stomach issues tbh lol. Completely felt fine.

This was how it looked when I stirred in the topping.

View attachment 19075
I JUST remembered what this reminded me of.

The food fight from Hook! w/ the late great Robin Williams

e169ee76-3990-420f-8a65-797671abf917_text.gif

You may want to sit down.
If they really go with a park reservation system - well, I find it hard to imagine a worse decision. Individual purchase attraction express passes are silly but not nearly as big a deal.

The main advantage Uni has over WDW is that it’s relaxing and spontaneous. If they want to make the same mistakes as their competition, welp… we’ll see.

PS: To put this back on topic… what do folks think is an acceptable time from ordering to being served at this sort of restaurant? As indicated above, I tour is a relaxed manner, so 30 minutes wouldn’t upset me most days, but it does seem a bit lengthy.

Last edited:
If they really go with a park reservation system - well, I find it hard to imagine a worse decision. Individual purchase attraction express passes are silly but not nearly as big a deal.

The main advantage Uni has over WDW is that it’s relaxing and spontaneous. If they want to make the same mistakes as their competition, welp… we’ll see.

PS: To put this back on topic… what do folks think is an acceptable time from ordering to being served at this sort of restaurant? As indicated above, I tour is a relaxed manner, so 30 minutes wouldn’t upset me most days, but it does seem a bit lengthy.
The individual attraction Express passes aren't the worst- but the reservation system would be terrible. Even moreso with the HOGWARTS EXPRESS and the parks being directly next to each other.

As others have pointed out, the menu for this is definitely more unique than I was expecting. They really seem to be stepping up their quick service game!