Minion Café - USF | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Minion Cafe/Land has me convinced they need to expand into the Music Plaza Stage area. Waste of space that is only utilized maybe 10 days a year outside of private events that could be relocated.

Add a nice flat ride, some additional eateries/shops and you have a nice first impression to the park other than a half-baked area.
If they were to do that it needs to be other Illumination properties that would be represented.

Minion Cafe/Land has me convinced they need to expand into the Music Plaza Stage area. Waste of space that is only utilized maybe 10 days a year outside of private events that could be relocated.

Add a nice flat ride, some additional eateries/shops and you have a nice first impression to the park other than a half-baked area.
Where would they do the concerts in this scenario?

If they were to do that it needs to be other Illumination properties that would be represented.
Illumination coaster.

As much as I hate riding HRRR as it’s instant-migraine for me, there really isn’t anything they could do to replace it outside of another coaster with a near identical layout. Without getting rid of blue man group theater, that is. But even then it wouldn’t be a large increase.

Honestly, illumination coaster was a joke but they might as well add some marquee lights and just do it as it makes infinitely more sense now than what’s it’s currently named.

“Where is Hollywood rip ride rocket? In Hollywood, obviously?”

“No, it’s actually after Hollywood.
It’s in between minions land and New York”

“Ok…”

Universal is not getting rid of the concerts lol. They're always slammed. Like, slammed to the point where using the pathways directly in front of and around the concert stage is nearly impossible.
Not saying the concerts are bad... but they just don't need them anymore. The plaza stage was designed at a time the resort needed special events like concerts to survive and entice attendance. It made sense when the resort had 2 back to back events offering weekly concerts.

I just don't see how they can justify keeping the concert stage for only 8 nights out of the year when they could expand a profitable franchise onto it.

I was talking to @Cup_Of_Coffee , and realized that USF quick service seems to be really turning a corner.

Fast Food Blvd, Leaky Cauldron, Central Park Crepes, Today Cafe, Cafe La Bamba and now Minion Cafe!
If only the crepe place had more burners so that it FELT like a faster service restaurant. I am still pulling for a crepe place or at least options in the Fantastic Beasts land.

If only the crepe place had more burners so that it FELT like a faster service restaurant. I am still pulling for a crepe place or at least options in the Fantastic Beasts land.
I haven't even had the crepes yet because the lines are so long when I'm there - but I know people love them!

I agree with all of them except Fast Food Blvd. It's declined in quality and service in the past 2-3 years now. Not as great as when it first opened.
Oh man that's unfortunate - I only ever get the chicken and waffle sandwich there and it's still held up. I got the Krusty Burger last year for the FIRST time and it was.. fine I guess.

Mt Swartzelder Apple drink is still elite though

I agree with all of them except Fast Food Blvd. It's declined in quality and service in the past 2-3 years now. Not as great as when it first opened.
FFB is an interesting case.

The service is intermittently good (shoutout to Axel at Krusty Burger who stays upbeat in the craziest of times), but when it’s bad, it’s bad.

As well, the taco truck used to be a staple, but then they dropped corn tortillas and nachos from the menu.
I haven't even had the crepes yet because the lines are so long when I'm there - but I know people love them!
That’s my only complaint so far too (as someone who hasn’t been to the park and see it yet).
They are good, but prepared to wait 45 minutes with no shade.
That’s my only complaint so far too (as someone who hasn’t been to the park and see it yet).
Video screen windows into “the kitchen” showing the chaos happening as each dish is prepared and staff with singed looking clothing.

The only thing I wished they'd have done, based on the videos I've seen, is make the windows looking into the "kitchen" animated, like at Toad Stool Cafe.
Could that still be coming since it’s a soft open? If not, that’s disappointing; the windows in toadstool cafe add a lot of charm.

I had the same thought regarding the toadstool cafe windows...then it occurred to me that perhaps they didn't want to look like they were "double dipping" on effects. Could be the reason? Either way - it looks great. I'd love to see Secret Life come to the space where the music plaza is. Far fetched probably - but that's prime real estate on "Illumination Ave"....

The blue on the transformers building was jarring at first - it blends in nicely at certain angles from pictures I've seen. I'll end up putting eyes on it in November and will reserve final judgments until then. Overall - I love the look and the kinetic energy this addition adds to the area.

I had the same thought regarding the toadstool cafe windows...then it occurred to me that perhaps they didn't want to look like they were "double dipping" on effects. Could be the reason? Either way - it looks great. I'd love to see Secret Life come to the space where the music plaza is. Far fetched probably - but that's prime real estate on "Illumination Ave"....
I was thinking the same thing. Especially since Nintendo isn’t open in Orlando yet.

Also, speaking of finishing details: awnings are up for Bake My Day.

The service is intermittently good (shoutout to Axel at Krusty Burger who stays upbeat in the craziest of times), but when it’s bad, it’s bad.
This is what I was going to say - there seems to be no mediocre, it’s either good or a dumpster fire. HHN nights past a certain time are complete anarchy and the people managing traffic are typically borderline temp labor given how deep they have to go into the talent pool that time of year.

One thing USF nails is theme park pizza - either FFB or Louie’s.

The blue on the transformers building was jarring at first - it blends in nicely at certain angles from pictures I've seen. I'll end up putting eyes on it in November and will reserve final judgments until then. Overall - I love the look and the kinetic energy this addition adds to the area.

I mean, I did think about that, but it's such a minor double dip, I can't imagine it would really matter. If anything, for these themed spaces, in these animated worlds, if they are going to do windows like that, Toadstool Cafe should be the standard, and Minion's should also do them.

Reactions: USO92