NBA City Closed | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The restaurant should be unique and worth the walk. I go a bit more special then a chocolat thinhy although the first one should have that.
Restroom Restaurant:
blog-toilet-restaurant.jpg

Alien (H.R. Giger) restaurant:
18qe2gv206vwgjpg.jpg

18qdnvsy0o5u1jpg.jpg

One Piece Anime
images

Flying restaurant (could go over the water to save space)
Dinner-In-the-Sky-Events.jpg

Simpel Paris trainstation restaurant and bar recreation (the "be or guest go home" edition):
article-2083917-0F54784000000578-924_634x448.jpg

From Dusk Till Dawn restaurant (aka the Twister)
ywmbv5gk2cwgdv8zkqir.jpg

Jules Verne restaurant (copy right free ip)
nautilusrestaurant-1.jpg

Reactions: Porkchop
New Orleans Bayou Voodoo Cajun Restuarant....unique dark thrilling and exciting. They make it sexy and romantic, it will be a hit as a date night restuarant and a good contrast to all the light and bright restuarants in the area which is needed. Make it kinda like the Ninja Restuarant in new york...

The ideas are endless and way better than WWE

Reactions: Stitchie
As someone who has direct ties to the NBA, this statement couldn't be further from the truth.

The best we can compare these would be total NBA attendance for entire season vs WWE's touring attendance for the entire year (running 2-3 shows per week plus 1 PPV per month). TV Ratings isn't even a contest as the only time the NBA comes close or exceeds is during the finals.

I'll use 2014 for WWE and the 2013-2014 season for the NBA for these stats:

NBA's total attendance (2013-2014 season): 21,411,543/# of games(1,230): 17,407 average per event
WWE total attendance (2014): 1,931,000/# of live shows (318): 6,072 per event

However, WWE sells 10,000 John Cena wristbands at $15 each for every NBA Jersey sold.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The best we can compare these would be total NBA attendance for entire season vs WWE's touring attendance for the entire year (running 2-3 shows per week plus 1 PPV per month). TV Ratings isn't even a contest as the only time the NBA comes close or exceeds is during the finals.

I'll use 2014 for WWE and the 2013-2014 season for the NBA for these stats:

NBA's total attendance (2013-2014 season): 21,411,543/# of games(1,230): 17,407 average per event
WWE total attendance (2014): 1,931,000/# of live shows (318): 6,072 per event

However, WWE sells 10,000 John Cena wristbands at $15 each for every NBA Jersey sold.
The NBA is hugely popular internationally, especially in Asia. Probably the biggest US sport outside of North America.

New Orleans Bayou Voodoo Cajun Restuarant....unique dark thrilling and exciting. They make it sexy and romantic, it will be a hit as a date night restuarant and a good contrast to all the light and bright restuarants in the area which is needed. Make it kinda like the Ninja Restuarant in new york...

The ideas are endless and way better than WWE

No thanks for about a dozen reasons. Three of those reasons are in the name of the restaurant.

Reactions: ThreePack Shagur
The NBA is hugely popular internationally, especially in Asia. Probably the biggest US sport outside of North America.
I think you're severely underestimating wrestling's popularity in the UK, Canada, Ireland, India and especially Japan.

WWE holds many licensing and partnerships with multiple past and present companies, meaning they can have a hall of fame with sections for New Japan, WCW, WCCW, NWA etc.

Wrestling events and news is always trending worldwide on twitter, and has a big audience.

Wrestling is a niche market. It's just above Monster Truck Shows.

NBA's popularity has nose dived. NCAA basketball is increasing in popularity.

And the NASCAR market is collapsing faster than anyone thought it would.

Soccer is gaining in popularity. And college and pro football are holding strong.

That said, I loathe sports. Bring on the chocolate fondues and martinis.

Domestically we are still hovering around the 28M core fans(78M total), but are making efforts to grow that. Internationally is a different story and only continues to grow. huge presence; 208M fans in China alone. Even just the 2008 Olympics with China-US game, almost 1 billion tuned in for that. Obviously NFL is going to have higher viewerships, as the amount of games is significantly less then say MLB and NBA.

I can go on and on but I just want to make a point that the NBA's popularity is far from nose diving.

Well, officially closed now. They must have been in a rush to close because it was originally supposed to close August 31st. Then they said they were gonna keep the gift shop open this week, then backtracked and said "nevermind is closing today and everything's 10 dollars". Heading there tomorrow night and was hoping to check the shop out at least.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Heh, watch the hate for soccer. And for those that like beer, Straub's beer is our sponsor. In fact this picture & a few others are hanging in their brewery offices. ..LOL

Reactions: allienoves
Status
Not open for further replies.