NBA City Closed | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't knocking the popularity. I was just correcting the implication that soccer was a US export that is popular around the world like the NBA was posited to be.

Reactions: ynnoj
I don't see the need for a sports restaurant replacing a sports restaurant when we have NBC SG opening this Fall. I'm indifferent when it comes to a chocolate factory too. There has to be other avenues to go down.

They seemed very rushed to close when I was in there the second to last day. A lot of stuff had already been removed. One of the servers said the NBC grill was supposed to be finished September 1st and that they would immediately move to construction for the NBA replacement that day.

The replacement will have a bar as well as adjacent outdoor seating. There will also be a retail space as well.

From the permit application:

Screenshot%202015-08-24%20at%206.21.51%20PM_zpsrdkkzknx.png

Looks like the chocolate factory idea is NOT going to happen.

Last edited:
^ it also mentions retail, so its likely for an IP that has desirable merch and not a generic concept or typical restaurant.

Cheesecake factory has pasta, and a bar. Not saying this is cheesecake factory, but I guess it still could be a "chocolate factory" restaurant.

Perhaps it is a Ghirardelli chocolate company franchise, And maybe the Ghirardelli tower will be removed from San Fran so as not to compete with Kings Cross. I just hope the facade for this place is over the top wild and different. That is a difficult location in which to survive. A no-mans land.

Status
Not open for further replies.