New Project: Project 007 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project: Project 007

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
So, I don't want anyone jumping to conclusions, but we have a new project for Universal Studios Florida. Project 007. Interior demolition, foundation, and drainage work for Building 43. Not sure where that is, which is why I'm not getting overly excited about this.

But still...the name. Project 007 is pretty on the nose, which is odd for the recent Universal projects. Could they be trolling us?:lol:

I would guess (and i did in other thread) 43 is near soundstage 44
they have been rumored to work on mel bathrooms and monster cafe so I would think this is on one of them.

It is surely too obvious to be, well... That. But maybe that's exactly what they want us to think... :look:

The Bond restaurant is in fact coming and will feature Martinis Shaken Not Stirred topped with a Sour Apple foam as the signature drink (also available in light up glasses for kids).

Totally forgot about that. Very odd decesion. Maybe Monsters won't be a food option anymore, or won't be quick service so they don't care about when it goes down? :shrug:

I also thought maybe Cafe La Bamba will be opening for Lunch and Dinner. Because without Monsters and IFF, USF's counter service options are reduced to Louie's, Mel's, and Richter's. Not a lot of choices there.

I also thought maybe Cafe La Bamba will be opening for Lunch and Dinner. Because without Monsters and IFF, USF's counter service options are reduced to Louie's, Mel's, and Richter's. Not a lot of choices there.

Well with half the park under construction, maybe they are banking on less people for now. :lol:

They just made Monsters Cafe into one of the three Meal Deal locations to make up for losing IFFF. If Monsters Cafe goes down while IFFF is also getting its transformation, what venue would see Meal Deal added? Would Uni turn Cafe La Bamba into a lunch and dinner, Meal Deal location? Aside from going to the effort for that, the only other quick service venues that could see the Meal Deal added would be Kid Zone Pizza Company or Richter's Burger Co.

They can't possibly close another thing now haha. I mean trust me, I am all for Universal Studios to be practically remodeled, but at the same token, there is a lot going on now. Walls are up in practically ever side of the park!

I'm sure this is Monsters and will be re-themed to Transformers, but I'm also pretty sure we won't see a closure of it until AFTER the holiday rush, in the dead months of Jan Feb and early March, it won't make a difference, and by then we hopefully should be seeing other food options opening