New Project: Project 007 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project: Project 007

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sure this is Monsters and will be re-themed to Transformers, but I'm also pretty sure we won't see a closure of it until AFTER the holiday rush, in the dead months of Jan Feb and early March, it won't make a difference, and by then we hopefully should be seeing other food options opening

Yep. Simpsons permits were filed in late August and work is just beginning. That's the general time frame for permits (Transformers being the exception.)

Cafe La Bamba is ready to go if need be :thumbs:

The Nest expands...

They just made Monsters Cafe into one of the three Meal Deal locations to make up for losing IFFF. If Monsters Cafe goes down while IFFF is also getting its transformation, what venue would see Meal Deal added? Would Uni turn Cafe La Bamba into a lunch and dinner, Meal Deal location? Aside from going to the effort for that, the only other quick service venues that could see the Meal Deal added would be Kid Zone Pizza Company or Richter's Burger Co.

While LaBamba has been closed for lunch/dinner for quite sometime, I'm pretty sure the last time I was in there, the rotisserie ovens and other kitchen equipment were still installed. Considering Universal uses many of the same recipes across multiple locations and that a lot of the product for quick service comes from the Production Kitchen, it wouldn't take much effort at all to bring it back. Same thing happened w/ Thunder Falls.

Took this last Saturday. Didn't think anything of it at the time but it might be related.

MonstersCafe-001.jpg

^ Are those false room facades on the second story like the buildings in NYC? I see arches and windows (which would be so cool).

I believe that the arch seen in Bobwadd's photo is actually one of the doorways to the elevator shaft that the ride vehicle goes through.

Mentioned all the construction to my mom today (bc nobody else will listen to me and actually pretend to be interested and plus im single and 19 so who else would?) and she's like...well I guess they can be expecting not to sell as many tickets in the coming months! So yea them closing this down due to lack of guests isn't too far out of reach. Can I get a bumblebee burger please?

but the project name...why would they throw that out there for transformers? seems like a waste, considering they are currently building LONDON ON ONE SIDE OF THE FREAKING PARK.

Mentioned all the construction to my mom today (bc nobody else will listen to me and actually pretend to be interested and plus im single and 19 so who else would?) and she's like...well I guess they can be expecting not to sell as many tickets in the coming months! So yea them closing this down due to lack of guests isn't too far out of reach. Can I get a bumblebee burger please?

I feel your pain. I can never have a conversation with anyone, unless I'm stating my reasons to go to Orlando.

Amen...my mom is one of the few people that actually "pretends" to care!

I feel your pain. I can never have a conversation with anyone, unless I'm stating my reasons to go to Orlando.

Agreed. Whenever a conversation starts about theme parks, it's a good day :lol:

Oh gosh, I suddenly don't feel alone. I always get strange looks when I nerdgasm over these things and then try to explain myself. :lol:

=D I love when theme parks come up! And the conversation will steer away from it but I try to bring it right back. When I go to theme parks with friends they don't even grab a map cause they got me =D.

From Orlando Theme Park News' Facebook

Does anyone know if this could be the rumored to be the future new location of the Donkey meet-and-greet? It is right in front of the exit of Shrek's gift shop, after all. Seems legit:

i2ung6aZYa0W6.jpg

From @orlando_parks

Future location of the new Donkey meet-and-greet at Universal Studios Florida?:

ibcNS8P6eCB8VH.jpg

The whole exterior of Monsters is an effing disaster. Those painted vines...ugh

Those painted vines are awful, but I don't think I would say the entire exterior is a disaster. The front of the building (facing Rockit) is pretty fantastic.

Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing much more of those painted vines.