New Ride Ideas | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

New Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, little ride idea and hear me out and i'm going back to Laika for a second, Box Trolls Indoor/Outdoor Dark ride. Using the Technology from the new Arthur Inverted Family Darkride/Coaster in the lowerlot and I haven't seen the film but from what it seems,

The Trolls might be able to make some things and You can have Coaster bits outdoor and Indoor Dark ride scenes. You can do

Something with a IP like that.

I am surprised that the park does not have a TOT style drop ride. It could provide big thrills without taking up a lot of space.
The sound of people screaming from hundreds of feet up in the sky would travel for miles. Bad idea.

Box Trolls hasn't even been released in theaters yet. How can we tell whether or not it would make a quality attraction?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Box Trolls will be a successful movie and i can see universal making an attraction of the movie . Perhaps a indoor coaster could go in lower lot or maybe in the upperlot !

The sound of people screaming from hundreds of feet up in the sky would travel for miles. Bad idea.

Box Trolls hasn't even been released in theaters yet. How can we tell whether or not it would make a quality attraction?
We don't really know how much noise Universal is allowed to make, so lets not dwell too much on that. And Waterworld was a gigantic flop, still we have it's show.

We don't really know how much noise Universal is allowed to make, so lets not dwell too much on that. And Waterworld was a gigantic flop, still we have it's show.
We know pretty darn well that Universal's neighbors are not gonna be happy hearing shrieks from the park every 5 minutes, that's for sure.

When I say "how can we tell whether or not it would make a quality attraction," I'm not just referring to how well the film does. I'm saying that you can't just make an attraction out of every movie that hits theaters unless its story is worthy of some type of theme park ride/show.

Reactions: Krusty and Aaron
They can do a Indoor coaster thats large like a RRC and Flight but i don't think that will happen either.. Sadly.
Surprising, something like RNRC could fit at USH. The building itself isn't too massive. Granted it would be something closer to the smaller more economic Paris version over the Florida and probably require a large portion of shrek and half of WaterWorld to allow for room. But then you've just created a larger park footprint and it's a win-win.

You could very easily also fit a massive indoor wild mouse style coaster/dark ride where Hollywood Photoland, HOH and The Globe currently are. Something along the scale of Crush's Coaster at WDSP, ,maybe even larger. The structure is practically already there, just waiting for a ride to be shoved in it.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Reactions: William
This is what I would do, a compact euro-fighter dark ride/coaster. Obviously the show scenes would not be too expansive, but this facility has a ton of potential. You could even expand the outdoor portion and have it circle around Universal Plaza.

White = Queue structure.

Red = Load Unload

Blue = Indoor show/dark scene.

Anything not colored is a coaster transition/speed run.

21o7rl3.jpg

Hey TFR....your idea you mentioned....It's....

brilliant.jpg

I seriously love that idea. It's GREAT use of space. As much as I love HoH, they could use a space somewhere else to make that monsters dark ride I would  love to see. A EuroFighter isn't the best kind of coaster in the world, but it would be perfect for that space. 

One has to wonder if Universal would ever be willing to completely gut out the infrastructure for House of Horrors. Next to Shrek, the entire building has traces of Universal's history from the last twenty years. From Grinch and Chicken run to the Marvel restaurant, it's all there.

Interesting idea, TheTFReview. Very creative.

Reactions: William
One has to wonder if Universal would ever be willing to completely gut out the infrastructure for House of Horrors. Next to Shrek, the entire building has traces of Universal's history from the last twenty years. From Grinch and Chicken run to the Marvel restaurant, it's all there.

I'd love to be able to peel back the layers some how!

The combination of House of Horrors plus the Globe Theater would give enough space for a great ride! I'd love to see it sooner than later.

A wild mouse/dark ride combo would be brilliant.

But please...No 3D stuff...

Reactions: Krusty

I'm willing to bet they would be willing. Especially considering how quickly Jaws and T2 went.

TFreview... Change it to a wild mouse car and then it would work very well.
Your wish is my command. Boom, it's a wild mouse lol.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I think a EuroFighter would be great. I really don't want it to be a wild mouse since California has far enough of those. Knot's has one, Disney has one, Legoland has one, and the county fairs have one. I think it would be cool to have a themed EuroFighter to change things up a bit.

Boom, it's a Eurofighter again. haha

In the case of this layout, i only went with EF because of it's vertical hill-lift. That has virtually no footprint. A portion of the building would have to be extended vertically but it could make for another good park icon/facade element.