New Ride Ideas | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

New Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So many people believe that with the ending of TF4, TF5 will take place on Cybertron.
Many people as in the general audience? Because most Transformers fans on fan sites know that it will likely take place on Earth, as it is too expensive to make a movie taking place on Cybertron, but it is possible to have a scene on Cybertron like in the 3rd movie.

I think a land based on Cybertron would have Potter potential if it is done right. If Potter gets 450min waits and the movie franchise is over, imagine Transformers as it's still in progress. 
Cybertron would be cool, but I just don't see it happening in a theme park I doubt the general public will recoginze Cybertron like they do with Hogwarts or Jurassic Park, but I maybe wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: darrengr18
Many people as in the general audience? Because most Transformers fans on fan sites know that it will likely take place on Earth, as it is too expensive to make a movie taking place on Cybertron, but it is possible to have a scene on Cybertron like in the 3rd movie.

Cybertron would be cool, but I just don't see it happening in a theme park I doubt the general public will recoginze Cybertron like they do with Hogwarts or Jurassic Park, but I maybe wrong.
Yes, the general audience. The hardcore fans are a minority. As for the recognization, as I said we will have to see if TF5 establishes a set look and feel for Cybertron, then no doubt it'll be recognizable. And all we need is a defining shot, just something that establishes the look.

Blue: Springfield Expansion, phase 2

Attractions:

-Kang and Kodos: Alien Attack

This would be an E-Ticket attraction and would be very similar to the MIB attraction found in Orlando.

-The Simpsons Home

This would be a meet and greet attraction. The queue would tour the home of the Simpsons ending in the living room on the iconic couch.

Orange: Studio Tour Central

The entrance to this land would either be in between the first and second escalators to the lower lot OR to the left of Animal Actors.

Attractions:

Studio Tour

The Studio Tour that you know and love. The queue would be completely different from what it is today. It would be very similar to the queue for the Studio Tour at Disney Hollywood Studios, taking you through a prop warehouse.

NBC Universal Experience.

Would be the same attraction that is on the lower lot but greatly expanded.

Photo Ops

Jaws photo opportunity would return along with many more.

Hotel Entrance

Private entrance for resort guests. Early access to the Studio Tour and Theme Park.

Pink- Despicable Me Dark Ride

A dark ride similar to the Sesame Street Dark Ride found in Singapore.

Enough with that expanding . this is new ride ideas , not replicas of rides that are already located at Orlando . A new ride idea would be a indoor dark Godzilla roller coaster or not a Water Ridee since universal only has ONE water ride in the whole theme park .

I know this won't happen for Universal, but how about a psychological trackless thrill ride based off the Dark Knight or some other action film? Use an elevator system like Transformers and build up.

I'd like to see someone tackle that.

take that idea and place it with Bourne and I think it could be a stellar Darkcoaster with a balance. kinda like as a potiental Mummy replacement the ride could be something like that but much more expansive and themed.

A multi level trackless thrill ride based on Universal's Monsters (since we're losing HoH) would be fantastic. Universal needs to keep its monster legacy alive outside of HHN.
Rumors about Monsters Café departing from USF have been circling forever now. House of Horrors is finally getting the boot here. USS's monster show is closing in August. Why is Universal wringing out all of the classic monster goodness?

Enough with that expanding . this is new ride ideas , not replicas of rides that are already located at Orlando . A new ride idea would be a indoor dark Godzilla roller coaster or not a Water Ridee since universal only has ONE water ride in the whole theme park .
None of the attractions listed above were replicas of Orlando's. This thread is meant for posting some creative new ideas. It isn't your place to tell someone to do otherwise.

You guys, this brand new ride in Europe called Arthur - Im Königreich der Minimoys, is absolutely incredible. THIS is what I've been dreaming about for Universal or Disney over here. A suspended family coaster that gives you a slight thrill of flight but isn't too intense or crazy, mixed in with projections, giant detailed sets, and animatronics! Absolutely fantastic. Imagine this themed to How To Train Your Dragon or any other movie...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yTqO0YFF9EQ?feature=oembed

Reactions: William
Just out of curiousity, what's the point of an expanded Springfield and a third Despicable Me ride?
1. Simpsons will soon become, if it isn't already, the longest running TV show in history.  The Simpsons universe is so vast with characters and flexible, Universal Creative has a lot of room to be, um, creative. Despicable Me has two more movies coming out and is Universals most successful animated franchise in their history. To me its a no-brainer to expand its presence in the parks beyond Minion Mayhem and SSFL.

2. $$$$$$$$$$. Those two franchises are merchandising gold mines.

3. Expanding Springfeild and adding a third Despicable Me ride helps reinforce the idea of having themed and immersive lands at USH, something that is new to this park.  

^^

I brought that up a while ago...

^

I think more Springfield after the expansion will be overkill as they have more IPS that Universal can use, DM can get a sequel ride and I think that would be a good idea but may I ask as i'm more wondering... If Diagon/London comes. Should Universal get rid of Baker and redo that area? just a personal question but yea not related to ride ideas.

I personally think we'd have enough Simpsons to last awhile once Springfield is completed. I don't think the idea of having themed lands needs to be reinforced, as that's pretty much the path we're going down at the moment. The Despicable Me area has 2 attractions, 2 food venues, 2 playgrounds, and a store. The Simpsons area will have 1 attraction, along with a plethora of food venues and shopping locations. That's enough in my book.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
^^

I brought that up a while ago...
Ok...?

And I agree with William, I don't think we need more Simpsons or Despicable Me, especially in USH. Let's reserve space in our small park for other franchises as well.

Disney usually only has one or maximum 2 or 3 rides per franchise in their parks, even for the most popular movies. The ones that have more than one either have their own land (Cars/Bugs land), are in two different parks (Toy Story), or simply had two rides (Alice in Wonderland). Not EVERYTHING needs to have a million rides made after it.

Reactions: William
Ok...?

And I agree with William, I don't think we need more Simpsons or Despicable Me, especially in USH. Let's reserve space in our small park for other franchises as well.

Disney usually only has one or maximum 2 or 3 rides per franchise in their parks, even for the most popular movies. The ones that have more than one either have their own land (Cars/Bugs land), are in two different parks (Toy Story), or simply had two rides (Alice in Wonderland). Not EVERYTHING needs to have a million rides made after it.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing!
Exactly my thinking. Just because it's profitable now, doesn't mean it always will be. And investing too much into one property could be a detriment later on.

I know this won't be possible for a very long time but I'd love to see a themed Land based off of The Lord of the Rings. It's probably the only Film and Book series I love as much as Harry Potter and I think it has amazing potential. I originally wanted to make a concept of Lake-town but the architecture would be too similar to Hogsmead Village. So I went ahead and did a themed land based on the Elven outpost Rivendell. 

The architecture alone is not only beautiful but pretty unique. The style of it is something you really have not seen at a theme park before. 

14596066090_420dbb518c_b.jpg

I placed it where the Studio Tour entrance currently sits. First there would have to be massive reworking on the Hill next to it. The big bundle of tress you see to the right are basically a forced perspective of a Canyon, kind of like what Disney did to cover up the Radiator Springs Racers Show Building. So instead of looking out into a suburban city and Universal Backlot all you will see are trees and a River. It will fell like you really are in the foothills of Middle-Earth. 

LOTR: Rivendell

• Stores: Sell all types of LOTR Merch, Elven themed stuff and maybe stuff like customizable Rings. 
  • Rivendell Tavern: Get drunk like Gimli here... 
  • Hall of Fire: This would be a full on themed Restaurant (Something Universal desperately needs) 
  • Stage: There would be performances here obviously
  • The "outlook" would basically be an area where guests can sit down and look out into the "Valley." Water plays a big part in the visual style of Rivendell so the "WF" marks means there would be a Waterfall in that location. 
  • Rivers of Middle-Earth: I love log rides and I think USH really needs that type of experience in their park. Sure we have Jurassic Park but it's pretty tame for the most part. The Green dot is where the Entrance would be and the red dot is where the exit would be. 

14596480328_f29cd6c9a8_b.jpg

I know it's a bit messy but it's an idea I had and I thought I would share anyway. Probably won't happen soon let alone at our park but I hope it ends up happening somewhere. 

as much as I love LOTR and I do like the layout.... we can't handle LOTR. i'm sorry but; that with potter could be a disaster of Crowd capacity. I think if LOTR comes to Universal, it won't be in Hollywood and more in Orlando for a third gate. I was thinking over the other day and.. What about a Crimson Peak ride? Not sure how but it seems that it can be a dark ride.

as much as I love LOTR and I do like the layout.... we can't handle LOTR. i'm sorry but; that with potter could be a disaster of Crowd capacity. I think if LOTR comes to Universal, it won't be in Hollywood and more in Orlando for a third gate. I was thinking over the other day and.. What about a Crimson Peak ride? Not sure how but it seems that it can be a dark ride.
Yea like I said... it probably wouldn't happen at our park.