New Ride Ideas | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

New Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How to Train Your Dragon ride... I mean, they cut a deal with Dreamworks for Shrek!!! why not How to Train Your Dragon...

I'm sorry but if DreamWorks animation relationship gets better with Universal, then there might be a problem on having HTTYD in a Universal park, could it happen? yes but I don't think its likely for a Universal Park and more for a Fox Studios park.

Well right now DW it's all over the place with their financial problems... but a land would be great

I understand this is 100% unrealistic with fire roads, and elevation changes and what not, but I went ahead and revisited my lower lot concept that I posted a while ago, took out diagon alley and expanded into the space occupied by all the sound stages. I've been working on it for about a month or so, used well 100 reference images to make, and i'm curious about your guys thoughts. 

2eo8d5j.jpg

I understand that the lagoon concept is not a popular one but it's something this park desperately needs for the park's "kiss goodnight" as Disney would put it. A night time show would solidify the park as a world class destination.

With this layout the park now has multiple themed lands. An expanded Jurassic Park area with flat ride. An Atlantis themed area (or replace with any adventure IP that's popular), the return of Amity Island as well as the Jaws meet and greet's perminant home. Dozens of gift shops and dining locations, 4 large scale attraction. Relocation and brand new Special Effects Stages show. A new Metropolitan area (and Transformers facade retheme) as well as a central park area for getting some rest/shade.

It may seem a bit busy, when I further composite the image it'll look a bit clearer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Freak and Aaron
My realistic thoughts on a Spongebob attraction; Retheme ET in FL. keep the bikes and convert them into the underwater bikes from the show and retheme the entire attraction to Bikini bottom. I think this would work perfect considering the Spongebob store as well as meet and greet are in the direct vicinity of the current attraction.

My realistic thoughts on a Spongebob attraction; Retheme ET in FL. keep the bikes and convert them into the underwater bikes from the show and retheme the entire attraction to Bikini bottom. I think this would work perfect considering the Spongebob store as well as meet and greet are in the direct vicinity of the current attraction.
This was in reference to a post a couple pages ago I didn't realize the date lol

Reactions: Krusty and William
That would be cool, but insiders are claiming that E.T. won't be going anywhere.

I actually LOVE this idea TPF. If it were up to me, this is what I'd propose using the same general layout:

-The area where Land of the Lost is where Ancient Egypt will be located. That is where Revenge of the Mummy 2.0 will be located.

-Right above that show building where the Mummy would be is where the Battlestar Galactica indoor coaster I mentioned earlier would go. This would be an extension of NY Street. This would be right where that small coaster is and would extend out to the other sound stages behind it.

-The Transformers facade would obviously get a facelift to match Florida's. To make it different, Megatron would be on there.

-The Ghostbusters ride will be where the Hollywood Blockbuster Studios would be located. NY Street would be extended over there.

-A new area would be added that would spill over to where that theater is and where that parking structure is. That is where Transylvania Square will be. The area would hold an E-ticket omnimover classic monsters dark ride as well as an elaborate restaurant. The Beetlejuice show would return.

-I like the Amity Island idea. I'm keeping it where it is. Sucks that we can't have the JAWS ride there. :(

To put it more simply, here's my list of attractions that would be down there:

JURASSIC PARK:

-JP River Adventure (Refreshed)

-Dino spinners

ANCIENT EGYPT

-Revenge of the Mummy: Reborn

NEW YORK STREET

-Battlestar Galactica: Flight of Fight

-Transformers: The Ride 3D

-Ghostbusters: The Curse of Zuul

-The Blues Brothers

TRANSYLVANIA ALLEY

-Universal's House of Horrors ride

-Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue

*Restaurant

Its a good idea TPF & freak but I actauly have a idea on what the Lower Lot could have in my mind.

-I really don't think that idea of the Rides to be there due to it could actauly block the tram route *I'm coming back to that* and I more think the Mummy could be a new

Family Dark ride (Kinda like Mystic Manor but themed to *Shivers* spongebob at where the Land of the Lost idea is and have a New Bikini Bottom Mini-Area)

-Instead of having a huge Dark ride located next to TransFormers, I'm preposing *Production Central* to be Relocated there. It would have a new Tram Loading plaza

and brings back to what I thought on and a new Smaller Special Effects Stage show.

-I entirely agree with Transformers as what Freak said, it'd actauly work more due to All the parks that has transformers has a statue based on one of they're characters

BUT. I would more want for the Façade to be redone, have fit in with a area I would more call, Metro.

-I don't think BattleStar would work BUT.. I think something else and that would be the Monster attraction but, make it themed to the Universal Palace Theatre so you actuly go into the monster movies of yesteryear, kinda like if Transformers and Gringotts had a baby. where its a Screen/Practical based attraction with some small

coaster elements of-course.

-I'm sorry but I Don't think GhostBusters is coming back to Universal and I think you can replace it with a little idea I had... I was thinking what if there is a new ride based on the Bourne series. A new DarkCoaster located where you put GhostBusters.

-Jurassic Park would just get a overhaul into Jurassic World and a new version of the ride would be done to make it fit. Jurassic Café would get a overhaul to be themed to the Area but no Spinner

-The Lake would not Happen but instead, a new Big area would be created on How the Grinch Stole Christmas themed to most likely the new film coming and there would be a family Darkcoaster with the entrance one of the houses to tell the story of the Grinch and then you go on a adventure, Amity would also not be there.

-All areas would have Wide pathways just in case of traffic.

-I like the idea of Mels being relocated down to the Lowerlot.

-I think over at where the Studio Tours new entrance would be; I'm going to put one more ride and call it good and it'd take a lot of that space of the ampatheare and

that dark ride. Space Fantasy is what i'd actauly bring with new translation, new story, new ride itself. The characters would be redone to make it work but the ride itself would be sorta a copy of the one in Japan but expanded.

That would be mine.

WhoVille:

*How the Ginch STOLE Christmas - The Daring Adventure

*3 shops and 2 restraunts themed to the book.

Metro:

*TransFormers - The Ride: 3D

*Bourne: The Chase

*Blues Brothers Live

*Universal Palace - The Terror that Lies!

*3 new shops, 1 relocated restraunt

Jurassic World:

*Jurassic World: River Adventure

*Rethemed restraunt

Bikini Bottom:

*SpongeBob SquarePant's - Curse of Plankton!

*Krusty Krab restraunt

*New store

Production Central:

*Relocated Studio Tour

*Relocated Special Effects Stage

*Space Fantasy: The Ride

*New store

I think that's it. adds a heck of a lot of attractions and things into a park to make sure it handles large crowds.

^I forgot about relocating the Studio Tour to the lower lot. I think there may be some room in my plan to be able to put it down there. That would open up a good chunk of expansion space for the upper lot.

Diagon Alley Ideas:

Diagon Alley itself: Behind Fast and Furious - Supercharged on the Falls Lake plot

Hogsmeade Station for the Hogwarts Express: (1) Waterworld plot, (2) Shrek 4D/Backstage Take 5 plot

So many people believe that with the ending of TF4, TF5 will take place on Cybertron. I think a land based on Cybertron would have Potter potential if it is done right. If Potter gets 450min waits and the movie franchise is over, imagine Transformers as it's still in progress. Just brainstorming for now, I think this can be debated more when TF5 is out.