New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from Megacon to catch up on all that I missed. I finally found the image though.

Looking at the pictures of the plot of land it does not seem that big, how much room do you thing it will have for expansions, cause it looks like its already packed to the brim.

It is more than enough for at least one major and one minor planned expansion beyond 2017. It will be good from the start. Trust me.

Alright, here are some pics of the site that @Hockeyman55 took that he asked me to post for everyone. Enjoy!

y-KcfsFm.jpg

Ft2JScWf.jpg

EKO5r8zC.jpg

mpdmCwHs.jpg

UvWPisnE.jpg

That was way back in March and that I Drive group had to retract/delete a ton of stuff after that release.
I wonder exactly how much was accurate though...is it going by the name of Volcano Bay now...or will it be Wondersea Island, or something else?
It also said the park is going on a 50 acre plot of land...more like 30 acres if you ask me!

That Sentinel story was quoted by Screamscape this week. That's a good example of how outdated & out of the loop Screamscape's info is. He was using an article that was discussed on the UO forums a month ago and presenting it as breaking news.

Yeah, I read that and went, "WHAT!?" It didn't seem at all accurate and that's why I threw it in here. I figured Teebs would know for sure. Unless they're working 24/7/365 for the next 18 months, a fall 2016 opening feels a bit..."optimistic" to me.

I saw that "new" information on Screamscape and had to laugh. Setting aside how old the information is, why in the world would Universal open a waterpark in the Fall? Granted, it's FL, so it wouldn't necessarily be cold, but it definitely wouldn't be warm enough for the locals to show up. :p Makes more sense to debut Volcano Falls in spring/early summer '17 when the weather is picking up for it and hype from the new ride, refurbs, and resort coming in '16 is starting to mellow (slightly) out. Pull in maximum crowds and profit from day one.

Not saying it'll happen, but a fall soft opening makes sense. Gives them months to work out the kinks to get ready for the Summer crowds. If they open June 1st and half the park doesn't work and they have a huge crowd, they have a mess and PO'ed customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.