Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You forget they own Dudley now and a whole bunch of classic toons. Pokemon going in Toon lagoon when Universal could easily just add He-man, Voltron, and other classic toons they own in that area is more feasible along with a revamp of Dudley which despite how much OU loves to complain about Dudley tends to always have long lines. Save Pokemon for new park.
So Toon Lagoon revamped to 80's toons?

I waffle back and forth on what would be good to do with Toon Lagoon. I mean, it would be cool to see it remain about cartoons but you know, more relevant ones(which I suppose Pokemon is also a longtime cartoon show, weird how that works huh?). Plus I find the water rides fine as they are, it's just the surrounding area that could use a major upgrade.

And then there's the more greedy side of me that just flat out would rather see them giving updates to Marvel(Avengers Tower!), Suess(Mt. Crumpit!), Potter(Forbidden Forest!), Jurrasic Park(JW Ballz Ride!) over anything Toon Lagoon related.

But then I also wouldn't be too upset to see a fully realized Pokemon or Zelda area take up a portion of Toon Lagoon, because those things are going to be awesome.

Just beat Pokemon sun and moon and yep, they wrote it perfectly for a story based dark ride based on Lillie's character and Nebby.:cry:
Sounds like the same reaction I had to the Mystery Dungeon Explorers game I had.

Damn, now I want a Mystery Dungeon in the parks.

Sounds like the same reaction I had to the Mystery Dungeon Explorers game I had.
This is why it would. Put it in spoilers because people who are playing may not want to know.

Lillie steals a Pokemon from her mom's company named Nebby (Pokemon name is Cosmog) who is super rare and carries it around with her in a bag which Nebby continually escapes until she meets you. When she meets you Nebby runs away and starts getting attacked by Spearows and you (the player) save it but as you save it a bridge collapses and you get rescued by this legendary Pokemon Tapu Koko. She travels with you all around the country and Nebby keeps getting out of the bag until you end up this place called Palace Aether where Lillie's mom works and where Lillie stole Nebby. Nebby is the heir of the two legendaries who fought each other and were about to destroy the land but were sealed away and Palace Aether is the gateway and Nebby is the key to open it. Lillie's Mom wants to use nebby to open the gate and does so and when she does Nebby who you have had with you the entire time turns into the legendary Pokemon while Lillie's mom turns into a Pokemon (more like fuses with) and attacks you. Then you end up at the final battle where you end up league champion in a festival style battle.

The last few sentences alone were totally awesome.

Reactions: Mike S
This is why it would. Put it in spoilers because people who are playing may not want to know.

Lillie steals a Pokemon from her mom's company named Nebby (Pokemon name is Cosmog) who is super rare and carries it around with her in a bag which Nebby continually escapes until she meets you. When she meets you Nebby runs away and starts getting attacked by Spearows and you (the player) save it but as you save it a bridge collapses and you get rescued by this legendary Pokemon Tapu Koko. She travels with you all around the country and Nebby keeps getting out of the bag until you end up this place called Palace Aether where Lillie's mom works and where Lillie stole Nebby. Nebby is the heir of the two legendaries who fought each other and were about to destroy the land but were sealed away and Palace Aether is the gateway and Nebby is the key to open it. Lillie's Mom wants to use nebby to open the gate and does so and when she does Nebby who you have had with you the entire time turns into the legendary Pokemon while Lillie's mom turns into a Pokemon (more like fuses with) and attacks you. Then you end up at the final battle where you end up league champion in a festival style battle.

The last few sentences alone were totally awesome.
Cool but which part made you cry?

Cool but which part made you cry?

Lillie's and nebby's frendship and through it, nebby transforms and the fact we had the legendary with us all the time and didn't know it until the end. Literally unlike the other Pokemon games, they are next to you nearly the entire game. It truly hit on the relationship between humans and their pokemon

I think you guys are right about it probably being Super Mario Run. I had forgotten about that coming out really soon and they'll want to promote it to broader general audiences before then. Make's sense that they'd use their NBCUniversal connection to do that.

Zelda would be really nice though, and uh... preferable personally lol.

Also, totally different subject(kinda?) but does anyone remember Super Mario Soda?

11bt8pe.jpg
I hope at least one gift shop has these things!

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is gonna be so great. Nintendo has been on a roll this year (distribution issues aside). I've always been a Nintendo guy over any other company. The possibilities are really endless. I think the priority should just be Mushroom Kingdom, and then figure out the other properties later on.

I've never really been a Zelda fan but plan on playing a few with the classic NES and I'll probably play the new one coming out next year as well. Link became one of my favorites to play as in Smash Bros.

Pokemon I just got back into this year and have been playing Sun pretty religiously these last few weeks.

Selfishly I'd like to see the whole KidZone area turned into Mushroom Kingdom and have it as big and spacious as possible. Maybe someone can convince me they have enough space where they can add Mario and another property. Would the Animal Actors building be going?

Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd
This is gonna be so great. Nintendo has been on a roll this year (distribution issues aside). I've always been a Nintendo guy over any other company. The possibilities are really endless. I think the priority should just be Mushroom Kingdom, and then figure out the other properties later on.

I've never really been a Zelda fan but plan on playing a few with the classic NES and I'll probably play the new one coming out next year as well. Link became one of my favorites to play as in Smash Bros.

Pokemon I just got back into this year and have been playing Sun pretty religiously these last few weeks.

Selfishly I'd like to see the whole KidZone area turned into Mushroom Kingdom and have it as big and spacious as possible. Maybe someone can convince me they have enough space where they can add Mario and another property. Would the Animal Actors building be going?

If i'm not mistaken, @JungleSkip mentioned Animal Actors a while back..

Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd

There is tons of wasted space in the KidZone area.

And rumors seem to suggest that all of KidZone will be getting the boot. So yeah, pretty exciting stuff.

There is tons of wasted space in the KidZone area.

And rumors seem to suggest that all of KidZone will be getting the boot. So yeah, pretty exciting stuff.

And if I remember correctly a whole bunch off backstage space too.

Wasn't long ago I asked
Yeah, all quiet on the western front, from closing KZ soon to virtual silence, do we think they may be reconsidering their options since the land purchase? anyone got anything to add?

Well talk about a thread boost. you guys added quite s lot LOL