Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will watch to see if they tease anything parks related.

I don't think they will now, but dang it I was hoping we'd finally be seeing some of that vibrant and zany Mushroom Kingdom concept art.

That's what I get though for interpreting Miyamoto's "Soon!" to actually mean a short amount of time. :/

Reactions: Mike S
I think we will get something park related tonight...there is a reason Reggie is going on tonight with a huge lead in audience than another night.
At most I could see Jimmy making a reference to the fact that they'll both have park attractions at Universal and Reggie will be all, "can't talk about that yet."

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
They'll be making more small talk about the Switch than anything else. Maybe a joke about the parks. But, it'll be like 90% Super Mario Run. I wouldn't expect anything more concrete about anything. There's better forums than The Tonight Show to maximize exposure.

Reactions: Mike S
They'll be making more small talk about the Switch than anything else. Maybe a joke about the parks. But, it'll be like 90% Super Mario Run. I wouldn't expect anything more concrete about anything. There's better forums than The Tonight Show to maximize exposure.

Universal only has 4 marketing opportunities on NBC. Holiday Specials which gets them on average 10 million viewers who tend to keep it on NBC for fallon which is happening tonight. The olympics which happens every two years so thats gone and SNF and TNF which would have to be an advertisement which costs NBC rather than saves them money. I do expect it to be mainly Mario Run but I don't see them passing an opportunity to advertise something with that large an audience as the last announcement and release of that short video with little information still bolstered both companies stocks immensely.

Universal only has 4 marketing opportunities on NBC. Holiday Specials which gets them on average 10 million viewers who tend to keep it on NBC for fallon which is happening tonight. The olympics which happens every two years so thats gone and SNF and TNF which would have to be an advertisement which costs NBC rather than saves them money. I do expect it to be mainly Mario Run but I don't see them passing an opportunity to advertise something with that large an audience as the last announcement and release of that short video with little information still bolstered both companies stocks immensely.

It sends a mixed message though. Super Mario Run is the primary message Nintendo wants to send. Talking about anything else risks the Super Mario Run information being overshadowed.

I'm always baffled about the high profile guests visit a late night show and say nothing meaningful. At best there is a one second plug about the stuff they are selling. So I don't expect any info on the Nintendo themed area for the parks.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Mike S