Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, as my past 24 hours physically in the theme parks has taught me.. Alcohol is apparently like mana from heaven for both the park guests and the insane amounts it costs and thus the revenue it creates.

So what specialty drink can a Nintendo area offer? There must be one or the area wouldn't get built.

Nintendo did a series of Kirby Cafes in Japan which could provide some hints on food (KIRBY CAFÉ / カービィカフェ 公式サイト)

Also, (self-promo alert!) check out my trip report from Tokyo DisneySea (Impromptu Unplanned 1-Day Trip to DisneySea! | Orlando United Forums where I talked a bit about the food along with the ways that DisneySea could be inspiring Nintendo

So, as my past 24 hours physically in the theme parks has taught me.. Alcohol is apparently like mana from heaven for both the park guests and the insane amounts it costs and thus the revenue it creates.

So what specialty drink can a Nintendo area offer? There must be one or the area wouldn't get built.
Princess Peach Tea, Mario-jito, DK Banana Daiquiri, and my favorite, DK Bourbon Barrel Bombs (shot of bourbon dropped in a Yuengling).

Reactions: Mad Dog and E.Gadd
Not sure where to put this- but looking at Kidzone and what would be Nintendo land from an overhead map- I really feel they should look long-term there and find a way to connect the back corner of Kidzone to the MIB area. There is some expansion room there, and having a dead-end where curious George is now in Nintendoland doesn't sound ideal- I'd much rather there be two entrances.

That whole area is screaming to be connected. If it ends up with just that small single entrance area, I think they are really missing an opportunity.
I strongly agree. I've been saying the same thing for over a year. :)

Absolutely. It can just be a moving large wide moving walkway that is enclosed. Cuts right through the backlot there and they don't even have to raze a building.

Now, I'm not sure what the large building is next to curious George, but if they really wanted to go nuts, they could fit 2+ MIB sized ride buildings back there.

You cut off backstage access for staff and restocking to the Simpson's restaurants then. While not impossible, I'd think it would have to be an elevated walkway to keep that from happening.

Not sure where to put this- but looking at Kidzone and what would be Nintendo land from an overhead map- I really feel they should look long-term there and find a way to connect the back corner of Kidzone to the MIB area. There is some expansion room there, and having a dead-end where curious George is now in Nintendoland doesn't sound ideal- I'd much rather there be two entrances.

That whole area is screaming to be connected. If it ends up with just that small single entrance area, I think they are really missing an opportunity.
Yeah, that whole single entrance/dead end thing didn't work at all for Diagon Alley, it's so immersive, ugh. ;)

Yeah, that whole single entrance/dead end thing didn't work at all for Diagon Alley, it's so immersive, ugh. ;)

I've thought about that originally- but it isn't the case at Diagon. The entirety of the main street branches in two directions with one being Knockturn and the other being the street where Celestina performs- the latter of which has it's own entrance/exit.

So, sure- Mario could loop around in a similar fashion as Diagon- except that doesn't fix the MiB area. Additionally, the peninsula shape of Kidzone vs the more circular shape of Diagon are vastly different as well. The Peninsula shape doesn't really allow for a "double loop" like Diagon has. All in all, it would be a much more significant dead-end in the current footprint of kidzone.

Back before IOA and Citywalk the dead end there excited the park at the old Hard Rock Cafe.

The building is even still there if I recall properly. Sort of built over and around.

So a major rethink of the area is needed.

The old Hat Rock was removed several years ago and replaced with a bus drop off area.
Yup. Demolished in October 2011. I'm pretty sure thinking back that's one of the first things I remember reading about on this site after I joined.

It was meant to be a limited time promotion. Why the popularity hasn't caused Nintendo to do more or set up permanent ones is beyond me.
Yeah I agree. Let's hope they do stuff like this at Super Nintendo World, although I almost expect it at this point (at least in Japan anyways).