Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Slow news season, so I'll add in something interesting I saw. I just went to our local Dave and Busters, and there was a surprising number of Nintendo games. Mario Kart, Mario + Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Luigi's Mansion. All of them were incredibly busy. Luigi's Mansion was by far the most popular game in the entire building.
People love Nintendo's characters. Just not some of their consoles.

Reactions: anihilnation
I expect actual construction soon here in Orlando. I believe they were waiting for the holiday season to end and for WnW to close before they started. They may still hold off a couple of weeks for when Fallon opens.

Also, does this mean closing Kidzone or just background things?

Yes, when do you think Kidzone will close? Do you think that ET will still be open in October?

With what GA said, I am now wondering if KZ may be closing shortly after Presidents Day (or if they'll wait till after Mardi Gras to handle some additional capacity). Either way, if we see Kidzone close soon; it'll be announced very soon.

Reactions: Mike S
I expect actual construction soon here in Orlando. I believe they were waiting for the holiday season to end and for WnW to close before they started. They may still hold off a couple of weeks for when Fallon opens.

With what GA said, I am now wondering if KZ may be closing shortly after Presidents Day (or if they'll wait till after Mardi Gras to handle some additional capacity). Either way, if we see Kidzone close soon; it'll be announced very soon.

If true, I think we'll be hearing from @NJBrandon soon with some permits.

Yes, when do you think Kidzone will close? Do you think that ET will still be open in October?
With Test Track's posting the other day it sounds like the visitor surveys tilted the decision in favor of keeping ET.....Cool if that's the case..... ET is a classic family attraction. The Studios needs it's capacity with Kidzone's closing. And if they need to expand the Nintendo area they have all that space in the back by the parade building & beyond. I'd rather them use that space then lose a good E ticket family attraction.

Thanks Mad Dog

I love the ET attraction and I would hate for it to go. I would understand it, but if they can keep it and still do everything they want with Nintendoland I hope it stays... Do you have a link to the post you were referring to about the survey?

With Test Track's posting the other day it sounds like the visitor surveys tilted the decision in favor of keeping ET.....Cool if that's the case..... ET is a classic family attraction. The Studios needs it's capacity with Kidzone's closing. And if they need to expand the Nintendo area they have all that space in the back by the parade building & beyond. I'd rather them use that space then lose a good E ticket family attraction.

You would most likely have to close ET for a period of time to re-route it's entrance and exits to another location if they intend on keeping ET around. Perhaps that could be time to spruce up some things, but I wouldn't think that it'd be recieving any major changes to the overall attraction.

Thanks Mad Dog

I love the ET attraction and I would hate for it to go. I would understand it, but if they can keep it and still do everything they want with Nintendoland I hope it stays... Do you have a link to the post you were referring to about the survey?

I would assume the surveys were either taken in the park or are more confidential than anything.

Reactions: Joel
Thanks Mad Dog

I can't remember the exact thread it was on, but Test Track just mentioned it in the past day or so.