Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not drawn like a DK patent... and recent Universal patents drawings have been a little too forthcoming about the project they are meant for...

But the patent so clearly spells out Potter or Nintendo, which begs the question: isn't another coaster a little redundant for those two properties?

This is what should have been done on Gringott's though...

Reactions: Mike S
It's not drawn like a DK patent... and recent Universal patents drawings have been a little too forthcoming about the project they are meant for...

But the patent so clearly spells out Potter or Nintendo, which begs the question: isn't another coaster a little redundant for those two properties?

Ministry of Magic?

Reactions: Joel and brianlo
How often are these parents used?

Coming from the tech patent-stalking world, 99% of patents never seem to end up in a product

Universal *seems* a little more purposeful in their patents. It at least signifies that something received a significant amount of blue sky work.

As in they don't make a bunch of patents and maybe or maybe not apply a project to it. They usually start with a particular project in mind, go into the development of a ride and then that patent is born out of it. Even if that particular project eventually doesn't happen, like Lorax or the JP mine coaster.

This reminds me of the Gringott's patent/drawings leaking on NYE 2012 from TPI. Fun memories!

It does fit, even with the general idea of what we got.
Universal *seems* a little more purposeful in their patents. It at least signifies that something received a significant amount of blue sky work.

As in they don't make a bunch of patents and maybe or maybe not apply a project to it. They usually start with a particular project in mind, go into the development of a ride and then that patent is born out of it. Even if that particular project eventually doesn't happen, like Lorax or the JP mine coaster.

This reminds me of the Gringott's patent/drawings leaking on NYE 2012 from TPI. Fun memories!
I'm thinking JP mine evolved into DK mine.

This could very well be for a Fantastic beasts ride in the third park. Uni probably has access to things about the next movies that we don't know about.

The more I see of the first Nintendo area the more it feels like Universal's version of Fantasyland on steroids and to me that is a very good thing. This is what they need to market themselves to all ages.

Slow news season, so I'll add in something interesting I saw. I just went to our local Dave and Busters, and there was a surprising number of Nintendo games. Mario Kart, Mario + Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Luigi's Mansion. All of them were incredibly busy. Luigi's Mansion was by far the most popular game in the entire building.