Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
as someone who calculated it, I should be remembering the size. Last I remembered; DA is about 8 Acres as Nintendo without ET would be about..7.5.

With ET, it's 10 acres.
Well if Nintendo was to replace Kidzone we both know ET would go with it, so a lot of things could happen in 10 acres if planned out correctly but we know universal will do that if that's where it's placed

Reactions: Mike S
I'm thinking that while, yes; Physical (AND DIGITAL) merchandise will be the focal point, I think sweets, pastries and confectioneries may be the sign to look at for Nintendo food and drinks. Plus, it's not like there isn't a place for food at a high capacity as Nintendo will probably be next to Springfield and Cafe La Bamba.

Main reason I hit food is in the press release the mention restaurants. Restaurants to me means not just snacks but full service and quick service.

These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki
as someone who calculated it, I should be remembering the size. Last I remembered; DA is about 8 Acres as Nintendo without ET would be about..7.5.

With ET, it's 10 acres.

Keep in mind with DA there's some definite under-utilized space in order to fit the established look of the films. It's very inventive in how it uses space, but to an extent held back by the need to match the film aesthetic. There are islands of land that just aren't used. Grimmauld Place and Kings Cross being the homes of the largest islands.

The one thing that excited me was the spinning coin in the background.

Probably some tradeshow prop, but it made me optimistic for a really cute dark ride.
To me it looks like an outdoor or queue prop but a dark ride would be fun.
Keep in mind with DA there's some definite under-utilized space in order to fit the established look of the films. It's very inventive in how it uses space, but to an extent held back by the need to match the film aesthetic. There are islands of land that just aren't used. Grimmauld Place and Kings Cross being the homes of the largest islands.
Where in King's Cross? It seems to me we walk through the whole building.

Main reason I hit food is in the press release the mention restaurants. Restaurants to me means not just snacks but full service and quick service.
Potter doesn't have a full service restaurant in either IOA or USF. Simpsons doesn't either. I wouldn't count on there being a full service... UOR seems to use City Walk for that purpose instead of wasting in-park land.

Reactions: Mike S
Kings cross is so under utilized.

Anyone else notice them referring to "Universal Orlando Resort" and not USF?
I've said multiple times I think this is going in the new park. It just makes sense. They're going to want to have a big draw when the park first opens, they don't want people to go to USF for Potter and Nintendo and have their brand new park just be an afterthought. I think there's a reason we heard rumors of Kidzone removal years ago and nothing's happened. I think it was the plan until the new land was locked in and then things changed.

I really don't think Universal will have any issues getting people into the new park if Nintendo is in USF first.
I don't know about that. I'm not saying it would completely kill the new park but it just wouldn't set it up for the best possible success. As it is now a good number of people go to Universal just for Harry Potter. Up until DA this meant they just went to IOA, now things are a little more balanced. If all of Harry Potter and the newest thing (Nintendo) are all in USF and IOA it doesn't necessarily give people a very compelling reason to opt for a longer stay to go to all the parks, this is exactly opposite of what Universal is trying to do. They want people to increase their length of stay and spreading things out more makes that more likely.

Reactions: Nico
I'd be shocked if Universal isn't going to respond to the Pokemon Go popularity in some way. I'm thinking they are making plans for a Pokemon land somewhere in the resort.

I don't know about that. I'm not saying it would completely kill the new park but it just wouldn't set it up for the best possible success. As it is now a good number of people go to Universal just for Harry Potter. Up until DA this meant they just went to IOA, now things are a little more balanced. If all of Harry Potter and the newest thing (Nintendo) are all in USF and IOA it doesn't necessarily give people a very compelling reason to opt for a longer stay to go to all the parks, this is exactly opposite of what Universal is trying to do. They want people to increase their length of stay and spreading things out more makes that more likely.
It could always be in multiple parks.

It could always be in multiple parks.
I agree it could, just not in a similar way to how Harry Potter is in multiple parks. The world of Harry Potter is all one cohesive world, Nintendo has multiple worlds. I don't for example see them building a Mario world in separate parks. That being said the big draw here is Mario, this is the reason it's the only thing seen in the video they posted it's obviously their first thought of what to do with the property. So I could definitely see them building a Mario world in the new park to draw in the big crowds and then later on for example adding a Zelda to IOA and Pokemon to USF.

I'd be shocked if Universal isn't going to respond to the Pokemon Go popularity in some way. I'm thinking they are making plans for a Pokemon land somewhere in the resort.
The Pokemon brand is still incredibly strong. That's all they need to react to. Not the phenomenon that was Pokemon Go (and lasted for like 1, maybe 2 months).