Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a fantastic cast list. Consider me extremely interested to know how long this is going to be--especially if it is indeed going to maintain as a one-off story with no second season or continuations.

I mean...we have to get one scene from Clone Wars with all three characters so would make sense

Also I don't see who could play him on here but was kinda hoping Hondo showed up and this show would show his "downfall" and why he has no crew in Rebels but it is a short series so maybe its just about Obi Wan, Vader and Owen/his wife.

I'm looking forward to this show, but after many pit stops in The Mandalorian and especially BoBF, i'm sort of getting sick of Tatooine.

I can't believe its happening so soon...im hyped
Rumor is The Mandalorian by Christmas or so (so basically early 2023) and Andor later on this summer, too.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I know we still have 6 weeks or so until Moon Knight even begins, so it should come as little surprise we didn't get even a teaser for this tonight, but I was holding out hope still. The way Disney+ seems to like to market things is so that they are just starting to market the next new big thing after the current big new thing is underway. A few examples:

Moon Knight - first proper trailer came out on January 17th, after three episodes (or 43%) of The Book of Boba Fett had passed.
Falcon and the Winter Soldier - first proper trailer came out on February 7th, 2021, which was after it's five episodes (or 55%) of WandaVision.
What If...? - first proper trailer came out July 8th, 2021, which was after five episodes (83%) of Loki and also the day before Black Widow premiered.
Hawkeye/The Book of Boba Fett - first proper trailer came out October 28th, 2021/November 1st, 2021, which was three weeks after What If...'s last episode, but 7 days before Eternals released. Disney+ Day is on November 12th, so they wanted both of these released.

What I think is most likely to happen is that a teaser comes out around mid-April (halfway through Moon Knight), but the full trailer is held until May 4th, which is two days before Multiverse of Madness releases, which is the Disney marketing machine in full motion, much like how What If...? was released right before Black Widow and Hawkeye/TBoBF trailers were released shortly before Eternals.

So I think we've potentially got quite awhile still until we see a any footage for this thing.

I could 100% see some sort of holographic communication between Vader and Palpatine.

I'd want them to avoid the Emperor in the flesh, because every time they've tried to do that make-up after RETURN OF THE JEDI, it's never looked great. A hologram could hide that a bit.

Oh yeah definitely, with Vader seemingly a go, having Vader send reports to Palpatine makes full and complete sense.

It's what he did in Rebels when Ahsoka came to form. Why not talk about Obi-Wan--the one he felt most betrayed of?

I hope the story is great because I want the show to be good, but I can't say it's not disappointing to hear Darth Maul was supposed to be in it only to be cut for.... Luke. Obviously Luke is highly connected to Obi-Wan, but I just feel like the last thing Star Wars needs is more Luke.

I hope the story is great because I want the show to be good, but I can't say it's not disappointing to hear Darth Maul was supposed to be in it only to be cut for.... Luke. Obviously Luke is highly connected to Obi-Wan, but I just feel like the last thing Star Wars needs is more Luke.

Honestly I'm kind of glad Maul got cut. Him showing up to face off with obi wan post-revenge of the sith, but before his arc in Rebels would really just kind of weaken their confrontation in that, if not outwardly retcon it. Frankly I think maul as a character needs to be given a rest for at least the next couple more years/

Honestly I'm kind of glad Maul got cut. Him showing up to face off with obi wan post-revenge of the sith, but before his arc in Rebels would really just kind of weaken their confrontation in that, if not outwardly retcon it. Frankly I think maul as a character needs to be given a rest for at least the next couple more years/
Hasn't it already been completely retconned, though? He showed up in Solo for a whole scene and it looked like he was one of the heads of a crime syndicate with Qi'ra being a part of it. I think it's possible we work towards that plot line left open in Lando or even Mando at some point.

I'm actually a bit more excited to potentially see Qi'ra again as I think she was a really fun character addiction from Solo. That's also why i'm excited for Andor as I think it has the chase to really add to the Star Wars lore without recycling characters. I feel like this new show will be mostly new characters which excites me.

Maul, Inquisitors and Vader? Along with other threats that would be a bit much for the time frame of this show.

Vader and honestly Cody should be the only villains that really work but I wont pass up learning more about the Inquisitors. I just feel like this show has a lot to do in 6 episodes and hope its as good as it should be.

Maul feels like someone that doesn't jel well for Obi-Wan, especially as it'd likely be just that of Obi's encounter with Maul in Rebels, just in a different way. Not even mentioning Ray Park as an issue that is still present, I'd rather if Maul comes into play for a Limited Series, that it's in the Solo period of when he worked with Qi-Ra, how the two gelled together leading to a potential betrayal of Qi-Ra against Maul, leading things to where we meet him in Rebels.

Vader and the Inquisitors (I doubt Cody will be in this, Bad Batch should focus on that) is more than enough and it allows us to continue growing the role diversification that the Inquisitors and Vader have, following Rebels and Fallen Order.