Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Were there people dawdling over news reports of first drafts of TV shows in the pre-Internet era?
Were people dawdling over movies and theme parks back in the pre-internet era? Barely anyone. Now you can make a living doing it online. Were people dawdling over movies in the Ice Age? How about the Stone Age?

To act as if the pre-internet era and Social media era are even comparable is laughable. Anytime there is a huge shift like the internet brought, lots of things change for good.

Release date moved to Friday, but we get two episodes. Probably trying to release on a different day from Ms Marvel moving forward

Release date moved to Friday, but we get two episodes. Probably trying to release on a different day from Ms Marvel moving forward
Glad they are doing this. I've been saying for what feels like years now that when Disney+ moves to releasing multiple high-end (almost movie quality genre shows) at one time, which they will be with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ms. Marvel that they can't release them on the same day. It would take away from both shows. Having one release on Wednesday and then another release on Friday really helps out the service as a whole as far as people coming back to it and it helps to not make it so that Kenobi doesn't overshadow Ms. Marvel or vice-versa.

EDIT: Never mind, just realized Variety is reporting that the first two episodes will release on Friday, then revert to Wednesday's for the last 4 episodes.

Last edited:
PLEASE let this be the new norm.

This is probably only because it’s a two-episode release though and Stranger Things comes out same day. They wanted to get ahead of the hype.

I totally get why they did a two episode release because the first is a lot of set up and moves pretty methodically (plus it’s really depressing). Second episode really sets the tone and has me very excited for where the series is heading!

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
I wish I could say I thought this show was great so far... but I can't.

Hate to slam child performers... but yikes. Having young Leia be such a huge part of this seems like a major miscalculation, because I really don't think the performance is good enough to justify it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm mixed

The core actors are good t great, music is great and think the sets and effects are great

Yeah, the kid actor is both great at being a kid but also feels out of place....this is why Grogu doesn't need to talk.

Next why is the Grand Inquisitor such a dumbass in this show when he was one of the smarter guys in the room to dumbass, also why do they keep rbring cool characters in like Bane and Kingpin just to make them lose? It makes the characters worst....just sucks

Also NO one besides the Emperor should know who vader is....even Tarkin kinda knew but never said anything. Who is theis new character who literally knows everything about Vader and Obi Wan? I dislike that chracter but not for the reason the writers want me to....

Wow, I actually thought young Leia (and the performance from the child actor) was great all around. I enjoyed both episodes enough for it being the first two episodes. The next two will make or breake the season though imo. I definitely enjoyed the second episode more. I have a few performance issues for sure, but Leia is not one. Maybe I’m not as critical because I’m not a super huge Star Wars fan aside from Live-action stuff? I see this heading towards it filling in an interesting middle piece between the prequels and the OT with the two characters who are the through line connecting the two trilogies.

The first episode was definitely a lot of set up and also a downtrodden Obi-Wan, near Luke levels in TLJ, but Bail asking him to find Leia sort of gets him going again all by the end of the first episode.

The main thing I didn’t understand fully from a logic perspective was Ben’s interaction with Owen Lars. I get he clearly still cared about Luke since he watched over him, but he had basically stepped away for 10 years, but all of a sudden he’s talking about training Luke to Owen? He seemed like a man that had no interest in that, never mind what happened with Anakin. I guess this is before he actually finds out Anakin/Darth Vader is still alive though, which also seems a bit odd. You’d think he would’ve heard Over the course of 10 years.

Ewan is great, and I really liked all the scenes with the Organas, especially Leia (although I’m dreading the moment she uses the force to ”prove” she had force powers all along when we clearly never see her use the force in the OT.

Other than that... I disliked Benny Sadfie’s character, but he was mercifully killed off. I disliked Kuwait Nanjiani’s character. The Third sister I actually liked and was doing some smart things like kidnapping Leia to set up Obi-Wan, sending out the bounty, and using Nanjiani’s stupid character to get information. The issue I have with her character is she would immediately do something stupid after to counteract the smart thing.

I can’t wait until we can center our focus (hopefully) on Obi-Wan vs. Vader because these inquisitors are dumb as hell for all intents and purposes.

I watched the first 2 episodes and this is my review:

We get a summery of the terrible prequal movies from Obi's perspective, than there is a lot of walking and traveling from bad job to home with Obi, a staple of the tv series (filling time).
We are introduced to the lamest and worst written villains ever; Larry, Moe and Curly in the first episode and Ewan McGregor who is doing an amazing job with a terrible script. He is the same character he will be later to Luke and the same attitude as Mark Hamill in the Disney trilogy. Shocking how these spiritual warriors and protectors quit their job.
We also learn that good child actors are hard to find and get Princes Lea presented as a "strong headed" 10 year old when in fact she is a victim of failed parenthood and as a result her actions kill a ton of characters.
The second episode get rid of the traveling bug and picks the speed up. Catwoman of the Three Stooges hired another Three Stooges to capture the princess. McGregor saves her but she who is mostly too smart but other times conveniently stupid. For no reason the girl decided to see Obi as a bad person...sure...as a result there is a lot of misfiring and killing due to her behavior and she doesn't give a hoot about the path of death she is responsible for. Obi finally gets out of the closet and shows the Force is like riding a bike, you never unlearn it, and saves the girl. This is the second near death (first is Luke's uncle) that we know the ending of in advance and take any excitement or tension out of the scene #lamo.
It ends when Batwoman yelling loudly at a spaceship, probably knowing they won't hear her but her therapist said she should speak out her frustration in all circumstances, I guess. Maybe Di$ney makes a series about that too eventually...
Positives: The cgi is top notch and McGregor does a great job with little (except the "stop running little shithead" part when he can't keep up with a 10 year old, but no one could get those lines to work).
Negative: Script, The Three Stooges (x2), most actors, camera work (especially the use of wobbly cam when out of place).
Conclusion: I had a blast watching this car crash (it's so bad it's good).

Last edited:
I watched the first 2 episodes and this is my review:

We get a summery of the terrible prequal movies from Obi's perspective, than there is a lot of walking and traveling from bad job to home with Obi, a staple of the tv series (filling time).
We are introduced to the lamest and worst written villains ever; Larry, Moe and Curly in the first episode and Ewan McGregor who is doing an amazing job with a terrible script. He is the same character he will be later to Luke and the same attitude as Mark Hamill in the Disney trilogy. Shocking how these spiritual warriors and protectors quit their job.
We also learn that good child actors are hard to find and get Princes Lea presented as a "strong headed" 10 year old when in fact she is a victim of failed parenthood and in result her actions kill a ton of characters.
The second episode get rid of the traveling bug and picks the speed up. Catwoman of the Three Stooges hired another Three Stooges to capture the princess. McGregor saves her but she who is smart but incredibly stupid for no reason girl decided to see him as a bad person...sure...as a result there is a lot of misfiring and killing due to her behavior and she doesn't give a hoot. Obi finally gets out of the closet and shows the Force is like riding a bike, you never unlearn it, and saves the girl.
It ends when Batwoman yells loudly at a spaceship, probably knowing they won't hear her but her therapist said she should speak out her frustration in all circumstances.
Positives: The cgi is top notch and McGregor does is a great job with little (except the "stop running little shithead" but no one could get that working).
Negative: Script, The Three Stooges (x2), most other actors, camera work (especially the use of wobbly cam when out of place).
Conclusion: I had a blast watching this car crash (it's so bad it's good).
Lol, The Third Sister gave me major Catwoman vibes too. THAT was weird.

Overall though, I thought the dialogue was pretty much what hurt these two episodes the most on my end.

(Oh, and that recap is literally all anyone ever needs to see of the prequels. You’d probably be shocked to find out how mediocre/bad they are if you’ve only ever seen that).

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
If we can spoiler any characters or events not in trailers
that would be great mainly because I get email updates on threads and others might as well

I know don’t care about any spoilers but if we can try to keep character names in spoilers at least until a week after that would be cool if people can try and do that

Why is the recap in Episode 1 like 10 minutes long? Are there really people watching a show called Obi Wan Kenobi that haven't seen the prequels? :lol:

The production value is great but too drawn out and over-serious. Character motivations make no sense beyond “we need to have content for this weirdly specific point in time we decided to make a whole TV series about.”

Disney, please stop before we get a whole series on what Jar Jar was doing in the background of the Senate scenes in Episode 1.

Why is the recap in Episode 1 like 10 minutes long? Are there really people watching a show called Obi Wan Kenobi that haven't seen the prequels? :lol:

The production value is great but too drawn out and over-serious. Character motivations make no sense beyond “we need to have content for this weirdly specific point in time we decided to make a whole TV series about.”

Disney, please stop before we get a whole series on what Jar Jar was doing in the background of the Senate scenes in Episode 1.
Tbh, I needed the recap. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the prequels and I wasn’t about to watch them again for this show.

I don't want to hate this show. But I also don't like how many fans are prasing it as perfect.
Mando isn't perfect either and I love it but wish fans could be more critical, not hate on things but this show unless something changes to me has lots of issues.
People saying the Leia actress is amazing, ummmmm I guess but she feels so out of place compared to the adult actors.

I just wish this show was about Obi Wan and Vader relationship and they didn't bring in all these other villains. Also bringing it up again stop bringing in badass characters just to have them die in a lame ass way (or beat). It's like I wish somone could stop these writers from just throwing people in shows just because they know fans like them but they obviously don't care for the characters. The Grand Inquister is a huge reason on why I got into and loved Rebels and he starts off fine but then the second episode comes in and ruins him, I'm praying the 7th sister doesn't get ruined as well

I wish I could say I thought this show was great so far... but I can't.

Hate to slam child performers... but yikes. Having young Leia be such a huge part of this seems like a major miscalculation, because I really don't think the performance is good enough to justify it.
She's absolutely amazing. Sorry you don't see