October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am very pleased they are doing this.

[video=youtube;AZQXkVTsTCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQXkVTsTCY[/video]

^ So, that strikes me as more of a publicity stunt than anything right? We already know that many of the original movie cars have been restored and are well taken care of for years.

^ So, that strikes me as more of a publicity stunt than anything right? We already know that many of the original movie cars have been restored and are well taken care of for years.

Well, Bob Gale is involved so that makes it more legit for me. This trailer below has also been released, and the documentary itself will release on Oct 21, 2015 (of course). Add to this the Royal Caribbean Back to the Future cruise and Secret Cinema bringing their Back to the Future special to the USA and it just goes to show that there are a lot of things happening with Back to the Future this year. It seems everyone is doing SOMETHING except Universal.

[video=youtube;ewx_CJCzVKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewx_CJCzVKs[/video]

Well, Bob Gale is involved so that makes it more legit for me. This trailer below has also been released, and the documentary itself will release on Oct 21, 2015 (of course). Add to this the Royal Caribbean Back to the Future cruise and Secret Cinema bringing their Back to the Future special to the USA and it just goes to show that there are a lot of things happening with Back to the Future this year. It seems everyone is doing SOMETHING except Universal.

[video=youtube;ewx_CJCzVKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewx_CJCzVKs[/video]
Are you sure Universal isn't doing anything? That's still about seven months away...who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.

And this was in the parking garage the other day.

93NQgNbh.jpg

People must be booking rooms from the future!!! It would be cool if they had some panel and then also had the ride running on one of the theaters at Simpsons that day. How hard could it be. They must have the old ride profiles saved.

PS does anyone know the story behind this car? The Mr fusion was a donation jar and when u put money in it would play quotes from the movies.

That's Oliver Holler's car. He does a lot for Parkinson's disease and Team Fox of the Michael J. Fox Foundation. He's also a very talented artist and all-around good guy. Here's his website: http://tothefuture.org/Welcome.html

-Andy

I am very pleased they are doing this.

[video=youtube;AZQXkVTsTCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQXkVTsTCY[/video]

And this was no publicity stunt. The original "A" car was in absolutely awful condition. They're telling to truth in this trailer. My friends Sean Bishop and J Ryan were heavily involved with its restoration, since their personal time machine was so accurate.

Here it is at the 2010 Scream Awards.
https://youtu.be/PzGvi1WpIQk

-Andy

The car used at the scream awards is not the original "A" car. Its a fan built replica. The Original car was still in very rough condition when I saw it on the backlot tour in 2011. The Restoration took place thru most of 2012 and finally put on display fully restored in February 2013 at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I'm a huge bttf fan as well. But I also have to say it's odd that they are just now doing a kickstarter for a documentary on a project completed over 2 years ago.

Right on the backlot tour. It wasn't so much the general public that stole pieces from it, but the guests of studio employees that had the opportunity to walk right up to it and examine it. Certain time machine components were removed and replaced with speakers during the 90s so that the car could be driven around the park as a photo opportunity, and once the casual visitors saw that they figured "What the heck?" and continued to break pieces off as souvenirs.

-Andy

- - - Updated - - -

The car at the Scream awards was the replica built by my pals Sean Bishop and J Ryan, which is what lead to their involvement with the restoration of the "A" car. I thought I made that clear, but I guess not.

-Andy

The car at the Scream awards was the replica built by my pals Sean Bishop and J Ryan, which is what lead to their involvement with the restoration of the "A" car. I thought I made that clear, but I guess not.

-Andy

Yeah, that wasn't clear at all. I assumed the video you posted was of the restored car or the car before it was restored. I had no idea what to make of it.

All this said, what is the car on display at USO? Did it ever appear on film? Perhaps the later films and not the original?

The car at usf is screen used. It was the car used for the train track scenes in the 3rd film. Its cool that they still have a screen used car but it's a pretty poorly done and could also use a proper restore.

The car at usf is screen used. It was the car used for the train track scenes in the 3rd film. Its cool that they still have a screen used car but it's a pretty poorly done and could also use a proper restore.
I'd like to second this statement. Although I don't think it needs to be as meticulous as the A car restoration. It might also be cool if they could fix it up as it appeared in the 3rd film. While I'm thinking about it, how about dressing the other side of the Time Train since you can now walk around it(yes, I know it's that way because the production only needed the one side).

DeLorean time machine expert Gary Weaver began work on repairing and replacing inaccurate or broken parts a few years back on the Florida car, but apparently that didn't last very long due to budgetary concerns.

-Andy

I'm a huge bttf fan as well. But I also have to say it's odd that they are just now doing a kickstarter for a documentary on a project completed over 2 years ago.

The kickstarter is so they can complete post production on the film. Also, it makes sense to release it this year, since its such an important year for the series.

Also, thank you Andy for your insight concerning your friend's car at the 2010 Scream Awards. I totally remembering watching that and I literally cried when Marty and Doc came out on the stage together. It was a touching moment.

-Andy
Small world, Andy. I know Bishop and Ryan from when I met them on the Sony lot during the restore of the Ecto-1. Next time I see them I'll mention you.

Also, thank you Andy for your insight concerning your friend's car at the 2010 Scream Awards. I totally remembering watching that and I literally cried when Marty and Doc came out on the stage together. It was a touching moment.

No problem! I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Small world, Andy. I know Bishop and Ryan from when I met them on the Sony lot during the restore of the Ecto-1. Next time I see them I'll mention you.

That's awesome! They're great, talented guys and the best type of fanboys possible.

-Andy

I'd personally love to see the Jules Verne Train restored even more so than our DeLorean. Maybe do photo ops with Doc and Marty inside.