Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually see two people riding that thing. I would hate to be in the second seat.

Rumors have been that you are gonna feel them breath.
There does look to be a handle for a second rider in front of the person in the picture. Two people per banshee is also the only feasible way to have a decent capacity for this thing.

Didn't Bob Iger say the ride vehicles would be AAs and you'd feel them breathing under you?
There's literally no way to confirm or deny that from the picture. I mean, you can see a head at the front of the RV which for all we know could move. I wouldn't necessarily count on it, but it's not impossible.

Reactions: Joel
Uhhhh so this thing must not move much? I know the picture is terrible quality but with the seating position, it looks impossible for restraints. If you're just siting horseback style and holding on to a handle how are you going to feel like you're precariously flying on the back of a wild creature with the possibility of falling off?

Uhhhh so this thing must not move much? I know the picture is terrible quality but with the seating position, it looks impossible for restraints. If you're just siting horseback style and holding on to a handle how are you going to feel like you're precariously flying on the back of a wild creature with the possibility of falling off?
raw

You will be leaning forward towards the screen while the ride is in motion from drawings of the ride vehicle i've seen in the past. I'd be surprised if "horseback" is how they have us on the vehicle. From what i've seen there will be leg locks (think Manta) and a Handle bar to hold on like seen below:

zz7c491fa4.jpg

I expected a lot more innovation for what they've spent. Not impressed with what we can see so far. I hope there's more to it than the obvious.

Out of curiosity, what kind of innovation were you hoping for? Considering the rumors for this attraction have always been "Soarin 2.0", I personally don't see many innovations they can pull off from this type of attraction.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Out of curiosity, what kind of innovation were you hoping for? Considering the rumors for this attraction have always been "Soarin 2.0", I personally don't see many innovations they can pull off from this type of attraction.
People have called it "Soarin' 2.0", but i've always heard it's more like Soarin' 10.0 as far as a technical marvel.

Basically what Next Big Thing said....... What I see now would be like enclosing the Seuss carousel and putting a screen on the wall that goes around you....Wow, I just think I came up with a great idea that wouldn't cost hardly anything.

People have called it "Soarin' 2.0", but i've always heard it's more like Soarin' 10.0 as far as a technical marvel.

Basically what Next Big Thing said....... What I see now would be like enclosing the Seuss carousel and putting a screen on the wall that goes around you....Wow, I just think I came up with a great idea that wouldn't cost hardly anything.

Understandable, either way it's sure not hinting it's worth whatever bloated price tag they're paying.

Hard to tell exactly what's going on in the leaked image, but to my eyes there are clearly two people riding the thing. Beyond that, I'm not sure entirely what we're looking at in terms of the ride vehicle. There's a head, and what looks like might be a wing extending towards the camera, but there also seems to be some pretty obvious mechanical apparatus, as well. So I don't know if the intention (within the "story" of there ride) is that we're meant to be riding an actual creature or a facsimile of one.

I'm pretty sure there is a lap bar on that person in the pic too.

I expected a lot more innovation for what they've spent. Not impressed with what we can see so far. I hope there's more to it than the obvious.
Pretty hard to judge just based on this pic. It might just be a prototype too- we don't even know. I actually feel like this might be done really well- or really cheesy based on that pic. If the head moves, "wings" (even if cutoff) flap, and its body breathes and rotates/tilts with the screen, that will be pretty damned innovative and well beyond the likes of rides similar to this (soarin, simpsons, star tours, etc) where we are simply "in" a ride vehicle.

I'm excited to see just exactly what is going to come of all this once we get some real info and pictures. I guess I just have high expectations here after seeing what they did in Shanghai. It proves they still "have it" if they put their minds and money to it and I think with Cameron and Rhode both being extremely passionate about it and a billion dollars spent, that we just might be wowed. I think the land itself already speaks volumes.

Hating on Disney is kinda fun- but I think It's going to be really hard to on Pandora. Toy Story Land on the other hand... :)

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Hating on Disney is kinda fun- but I think It's going to be really hard to on Pandora. Toy Story Land on the other hand... :)
Yea, the theming around Pandora and hopefully a well done boat will make up for any of this ride's shortcomings.

And I think Toy Story land will be great for what it is. With the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area removed it'll be nice to have a new land where you get to be the tiny-sized with large scale toys all around. Even if the rides are underwhelming, it'll be a nice addition to an otherwise bland area of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.