Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what kind of innovation were you hoping for? Considering the rumors for this attraction have always been "Soarin 2.0", I personally don't see many innovations they can pull off from this type of attraction.

At least to me, the engineering it took to get those floating mountains is innovative. The lighting package that they hyped up seems to be innovative.

Reactions: twebber55
from the picture we can more or less see a silhouette which may or may not be the actual RV.

All we can deduce from this that we will indeed be riding on the top of banshee RVs, so for me this can go two ways.....

1. We sit aboard a a full on Banshee Moving,breathing and almost animatronic like

2. that RV is a nicely themed but static and no more thrilling than being aboard a carousel horse.

Surely this time they have seen what the boys down the road have been producing, and surely this time realised they had to up their game .

Lets hope Disney get it right and we get the awe inspiring land and attractions they have been touting. From what little we have seen it looks like being a hit

I'm have a sneaking feeling they finally joined the game on this one and I think Pandora will be stunning, those aerials are starting to show up more and more detail and it does look beautiful . We will see which route they have taken and hopefully we will see where the huge costs and the overspends went.

Last edited:
Reactions: twebber55
Someone on the original post said it was an early mockup.
That would make sense since the latest behind the scenes video shows them watching the ride show while standing in an empty bay. This is probably just another test before they finalize the real seats.

Around 1:25 in the video:

I'm going to like this better than Diagon, I already know it. I think this land will be the best one ever created. How much bigger is Pandora compared to Diagon? I feel like Diagon is small and once you visit all the shops, it's just Gringotts.

*It looks like its 3 times the size of Diagon Alley*

Last edited:
I'm going to like this better than Diagon, I already know it. I think this land will be the best one ever created. How much bigger is Pandora compared to Diagon? I feel like Diagon is small and once you visit all the shops, it's just Gringotts.

*It looks like its 3 times the size of Diagon Alley*
I believe Pandora is 12 acres and Diagon is 8-ish(?)

I believe Pandora is 12 acres and Diagon is 8-ish(?)

Mhmm. The Gringotts show building is huge and there is a space between Diagon Alley and the Train station that is not for guests. I guess my question was for guest accessible space. There seems to be a bunch of paths and walkways in Pandora.

Man don't log in for hours and this has broke!!!! Usually do Magic then here but switched it up tonight. Tough crowd to please especially when everyone believed it was just gonna be a seat, not feel it breathing. One person per Banshee is what I've been shown. Looks like two in the pic so either they are testing two for some reason or we are seeing two R V next to each other. This ride will impress unless you really wanted to ride an actual banshee in actual Pandora!

Last edited:
Man don't log in for hours and this has broke!!!! Usually do Magic then here but switched it up tonight. Tough crowd to please especially when everyone believed it was just gonna be a seat, not feel it breathing or have an animated figure head up front. One person per Banshee is what Ive been shown. Looks like two in the pic so either they are testing two for some reason or we are seeing two R V next to each other. This ride will impress unless you really wanted to ride an actual banshee in actual Pandora!
my two theories
1. there are two banshees in the pic
2.person in back is filming view
im pretty confident its a one person banshee

my two theories
1. there are two banshees in the pic
2.person in back is filming view
im pretty confident its a one person banshee

Yeah It is definitely one per banshee...you may be right about film crew!...I think that is the most logical.

Edit to add: The head...not the same as I've seen

Last edited:
im also convinced this is an older picture
WDWNT is also not very reliable... people send them anonymous things and then they post it to their website 2 minutes later. They very easily could've been fooled here.

However, i'm not totally convinced it won't be 2 per banshee as I just don't see how they can possibly reach an adequate capacity otherwise.

Reactions: SeventyOne
WDWNT is also not very reliable... people send them anonymous things and then they post it to their website 2 minutes later. They very easily could've been fooled here.

However, i'm not totally convinced it won't be 2 per banshee as I just don't see how they can possibly reach an adequate capacity otherwise.

Yeah they are almost as bad as Scream....

No it is definitely one per banshee with "antenna" like things so you can "link" to your banshee...

48 per theater max i believe with 4 theaters....unsure about wheel chair access that may decrease some capacity

Edit: I'm driving in traffic and can't add lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Yeah they are almost as bad as Scream....

No it is definitely one per banshee with "antenna" like things so you can "link" to your banshee...

128 per theater max i believe with 4 theaters....unsure about wheel chair access that may decrease some capacity
So what you are telling me is that there will be 128 individual banshees in one theatre alone? If so, bravo to them for figuring out a way to make the ride experience be as realistic to the movie as possible.

Reactions: rioriz
Finished a post with video and photos from yesterday: Animal Kingdom Update: Avatar Land Construction, Kali River Rapids Refurb, Monkeys and More – Orlando ParkStop

Lots more plants and trees being planted on the berm to block view of show building and overall area from parking lot/bus turn-around. Not too much more different, but this was the first time I got to see the bridge to Pandora from the Nomad Lounge, since it's usually not open when I go early in the morning. I stayed at the park later this time. :)

Lots of other fun stuff in the video too. I had a great day yesterday. I love that park so much.

P1090257.jpg

New trees starting to block the area

P1090259.jpg

P1090261.jpg

View from Rainforest Cafe outdoor bar:
P1090270.jpg

Love this safety sign!
01537.MTS_.Still008.jpg

View from park turnstiles
P1090287.jpg

P1090289.jpg

Inside the park:
P1090345.jpg

P1090343.jpg

Bridge to Pandora:
P1090354.jpg

P1090355.jpg

P1090360.jpg

P1090361.jpg

Crazy rat statue in front of Pizzafari! Okay, that is all.
P1090341.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.