Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are telling me is that there will be 128 individual banshees in one theatre alone? If so, bravo to them for figuring out a way to make the ride experience be as realistic to the movie as possible.

Look at my post above...driving + traffic = bad with numbers 6 rows with 6-8 riders... lets say 48 per theater times 4 theaters is what? 192??

I am not sure how many wheelchair there are but I thought they were all in the same theater

Yeah they are almost as bad as Scream....

No it is definitely one per banshee with "antenna" like things so you can "link" to your banshee...

48 per theater max i believe with 4 theaters....unsure about wheel chair access that may decrease some capacity

Edit: I'm driving in traffic and can't add lol
48 for 4 theaters (total 192) if it's only one rider would be tremendously low capacity. That can't be right....So, if it's 6 to 8 riders per Banshee that would be OK capacity....With a Soarin type screen the front seats would be pretty superior to those in the back.

Last edited:
Reactions: rioriz
Look at my post above...driving + traffic = bad with numbers 6 rows with 6-8 riders... lets say 48 per theater times 4 theaters is what? 192??

I am not sure how many wheelchair there are but I thought they were all in the same theater
lol, ok that seems more realistic.

So 192 at an average of about 7 minutes cycle (5 minute ride, 2 minute load) = ~1,700 per hour and ~20,400 over a 12 hour day... that's actually pretty weak considering 4 theaters. I was expecting better capacity from this ride, but it looks like we should be expecting some pretty decent wait times with this ride.

Do you know if Na'vi River Journey is better or worse with capacity? I'm thinking worse but that's just a guess.

48 for 4 theaters (total 192) if it's only one rider would be tremendously low capacity. That can't be right....So, if it's 6 to 8 riders per Banshee that would be OK capacity....With a Soarin type screen the front seats would be pretty superior to those in the back.

Got it:

:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw: / :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:
:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw: / :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

lol, ok that seems more realistic.

So 192 at an average of about 7 minutes cycle (5 minute ride, 2 minute load) = ~1,700 per hour and ~20,400 over a 12 hour day... that's actually pretty weak considering 4 theaters. I was expecting better capacity from this ride, but it looks like we should be expecting some pretty decent wait times with this ride.

Do you know if Na'vi River Journey is better or worse with capacity? I'm thinking worse but that's just a guess.

Worse...Disney is banking on the extra long queue (well done)...when i get home and can do proper math I will respond with the numbers I was given...14 hour days and Im zapped:sleep:

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
Worse...Disney is banking on the extra long (well done)...when i get home and can do proper math I will respond with the numbers I was given...14 hour days and Im zapped:sleep:
I assume you are talking about the queue when you say "Disney is banking on the extra long (well done)"?

Reactions: rioriz
I could see two to three (small child) people fit on that "thing". Very interesting concept. I wonder what the height requirement will be.

I could see two to three (small child) people fit on that "thing". Very interesting concept. I wonder what the height requirement will be.
If Martin is saying 1 per Banshee, i'm inclined to believe that's true so the picture may be misleading or of a prototype.

I'd imagine the height requirement will be similar to Soarin', of course there is more motion to this ride so who knows. I'll guess either 40" or 44". I wouldn't be surprised if it's 48 though considering the reports of motion sickness.

If Martin is saying 1 per Banshee, i'm inclined to believe that's true so the picture may be misleading or of a prototype.

I'd imagine the height requirement will be similar to Soarin', of course there is more motion to this ride so who knows. I'll guess either 40" or 44". I wouldn't be surprised if it's 48 though considering the reports of motion sickness.
If motion sickness was the criteria for height restrictions, there wouldn't be any of those tea cup type flat rides that sicken us older folks while the kids are screaming with delight since they don't usually get sick spinning fast. :)

Reactions: Andysol
This picture makes a lot more sense now. Looks like we will be flying is horizontal battle formation ;)
Going to be a tight flight, are we flying Pandora Air or Spirit??

View attachment 3595
Makes sense now that I see it. 8 per row, times 6 rows, equals 48 per screen. (Right?)

Is this gonna take a lot of cast members or what? 1 or 2 per row, buckling in everyone one by one. At least with Soarin' everyone's in the same theater to start. This is like 6 theaters per theater.

Maybe they'll do like Simpsons/BTTF and have same cast members do multiple rows. But that will lead to a lot of waiting until everyone is ready. And at least for that ride there are several cars on one level. Here only two per level (per screen.) So, either a lot of stair climbing to load everyone row by row... or a lot of staff on hand to load everyone at once. Crazy either way.

Disney is quite the interesting company when dealing with CM's in Station.

Tower of Terror has one CM to seat, load, and belt check one elevator with 25ish people. same with star tours

And then you have something like people over with 3 CMs for load

Disney is quite the interesting company when dealing with CM's in Station.

Tower of Terror has one CM to seat, load, and belt check one elevator with 25ish people. same with star tours

And then you have something like people over with 3 CMs for load
Most rides WDW only require 1 CM for load. Most of the rides are just a sit down, get buckled and the CM checks to make sure type of thing.

This may take longer than the norm to load. May have to consider that when estimating hourly capacity.

No way this has a two minute load/unload turn around. Doubt the ride is 5 minutes though (more like four and change I bet). This reminds me back when we were trying to figure out the capacity of Hogwarts Express and worrying there will be three hour lines for it.

No way this has a two minute load/unload turn around. Doubt the ride is 5 minutes though (more like four and change I bet). This reminds me back when we were trying to figure out the capacity of Hogwarts Express and worrying there will be three hour lines for it.
I have a feeling the capacity really is going to be fairly mediocre for this ride though. As I came out with a page back or so, I think about 1,700 per hour.

The good thing is that almost every other ride in DAK has pretty high capacity and Pandora opening at DAK isn't suddenly going to make it the busiest park in the world either. However, I think 90-120 minutes for FoP on average is probably a pretty good guess.

I have a feeling the capacity really is going to be fairly mediocre for this ride though. As I came out with a page back or so, I think about 1,700 per hour.

The good thing is that almost every other ride in DAK has pretty high capacity and Pandora opening at DAK isn't suddenly going to make it the busiest park in the world either. However, I think 90-120 minutes for FoP on average is probably a pretty good guess.
I'm with you on this. I can see fairly long loading times which will translate into lower than anticipated capacity. 1,700 might be pretty optimistic though.

Reactions: Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.