Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dino-rama and Animal Kingdom being the park with the least amount of rides/attractions is the real complaints I have with the park and why I dont go to the park nearly as much as the others. I mean I love Dinosaur but Dino-rama just seems like the crapfest to behold I really hope even before Avatar opens they just destroy Dino-rama(But there not). Please Disney thats all I ask Tear down Dino-rama!!!

True but Hollywood Studios has more rides that I find more re-rideable than Animal Kingdoms, Animal Kingdom just gets boring imo after you rode Everest, Dinosaur, and Kilomajaro a few times.

True but Hollywood Studios has more rides that I find more re-rideable than Animal Kingdoms, Animal Kingdom just gets boring imo after you rode Everest, Dinosaur, and Kilomajaro a few times.

If you went to DHS and only rode ToT, RnRC and Toy Story it'd be pretty boring too.

I also do the shows there as well but there still both half day parks(I never meant Hollywood Studios was a full day park by any means) and I hope they'll make both full day parks. I can easily stay at Epcot and Magic Kingdom all day.

Ive only had the opportunity to see AK at night once running the Everest Challenge in May and will admit I enjoyed seeing that park at night, definitely has a whole different feel at ambiance at night. And riding Everest at night was such a better experience IMO than during the day.

Pretty sure I said this as well at one point or another but just to add to your thoughts AK is IMO the best Disney park at night and second to only IOA for evening atmosphere. And yes Everest is amazing at night.

If Disney learned anything from the DCA makeover, I hope it's how to turn a park into a true Disney park. I hope that if/when this project does happen, it includes some of the other little things that Animal Kingdom needs to come up to par.

Pandora would be a big draw for the park but would need those other additions to support the guests staying later.

Technically DHS has the least rides/attractions.

This is the problem, there parks are going stale all around and we can start a whole different discussion on what park needs the major addition most.

I also do the shows there as well but there still both half day parks(I never meant Hollywood Studios was a full day park by any means) and I hope they'll make both full day parks. I can easily stay at Epcot and Magic Kingdom all day.

Personally I never stay in one Disney park all day because either I head home or go to the world showcase at Epcot for the evening. But that's back when I had a Disney annual pass, something like 2 years ago or so.

when does AK close? I havent been since EE opened, and I don't remember.

From what I do remember, I don't see why the park couldnt stay open later.

I also see "Pandora land" as a completely indoor environment, I dont see how it could work any other way thematically.

Peak season closing times are usually 7-8pm with no nighttime extra magic hours. DAK should start closing at 6 within the next few weeks.

There's no reason to keep the park open later when they don't have the guest count to support it. DAK's most crowded times are between 11am and 3pm, with the park getting pretty empty after the parade finishes at 4:30.

^ Cough*Dinoland*Cough

Although DinoRama looks horrendous, if the average guest knew the story behind it (and all of Dinoland itself, for that matter), it'd make much more sense.

Dino-rama and Animal Kingdom being the park with the least amount of rides/attractions is the real complaints I have with the park and why I dont go to the park nearly as much as the others. I mean I love Dinosaur but Dino-rama just seems like the crapfest to behold I really hope even before Avatar opens they just destroy Dino-rama(But there not). Please Disney thats all I ask Tear down Dino-rama!!!

You had already been corrected earlier on ride count, so I'll skip that. Disney won't tear down anything unless they absolutely have to or they're replacing it with something that they "think" (and I use the word "think" lightly) will bring more guests through the gate. I personally have more complaints about Dinosaur than DinoRama, but that's just me.

Primeval Whirl gets a nice long line at times so I see no reason Disney would take it down. Despite the theme if people are enjoying the attraction it's worth keeping around.

Well that and Dinosaur too, for that matter. I'm not a huge fan of AK, and Dinoland is one of my least favorite areas. But it does get busy there. If it was touched up and given some love (Ha, right!), then it wouldn't be so bad.

Ok so someone on WDWmagic said they saw a commercial about an announcement for WDW that will air during Extreme Makeover Weight Lose Edition, not going to hold my breath.

CM deaths due to ride design.

CM deaths due to ride locks outs during maintenance, if I'm not mistaken. Correct?

Ok so someone on WDWmagic said they saw a commercial about an announcement for WDW that will air during Extreme Makeover Weight Lose Edition, not going to hold my breath.

Yeah no. I'm willing to be that as to due with something we already know of or something that deals with healthy eating.

Well, this is my son's favorite park and we have no trouble spending a full day there. There's more to a theme park than rides, rides, rides. With AK, anyways, the animals are/should be the main attraction.

That being said, since we're talking about non-existent animals here (and because this is expected to drive attendance to AK and keep them there), I fully expect the fauna on Pandora to be presented in a more traditional theme park manner than in a zoo/animal exhibit one.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of cool to have a "Walking with Dinosaurs"/"How to Train Your Dragon Live" type experience w/ "xenobiologists" teaching us all about them. Obviously something will go wrong, prompting a bunch of Nav'vi to save the audience. Really blow us away w/ next-gen animitronic creatures and not a Soarin rehash.

Either this member was joking or no one watches Extreme Makeover Weight Lose Edition because not one person has posted any kind of announcement, special or otherwise.

It just went off. No WDW announcement promo.

That member on WDWmagic must have misunderstood how Disney would be a part of the episode. The man losing weight initially wasn't able to go on roller coasters with his kids. After he began his weight loss regiment, the show arranged for him and his family to go to the Disneyland Resort and a key segment of the episode was that he was able to fit into the restraints of California Screamin' at DCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.