Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: "Saw on a TV spot advertising tonight's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition on ABC. According to the brief ad, part of tonight's show will take place at DCA (?)"
"And stay tuned during the show for a special surprise in store for Disney's Animal Kingdom park in Orlando.."

"Is this the "big" announcement planned? Surely it isn't about Avatarland officially breaking ground/starting work. That's been old news for days. I smell another disappointment."

This is what he put he got the DCA part right but idk where he got the Animal Kingdom announcement?

Must be, they said absolutely nothing about Disney World. It just had the man riding a rollercoaster for the first time in years at DCA and thats the only thing related to Disney I saw.

That member is desperate for attention and is a cyber hero wannabe.

Anyway, when we have anything of substance for Avatar we'll know about it. Disney Parks blog will not miss an opportunity to promote anything relating to Pandora if it ever comes to be.

Apparently Screamscape took the hint and backed up his original statement of height balloons with a photo...

(8/6/12) A reader was kind enough to send in a picture they snapped early in the morning just outside Animal Kingdom showing off the fleet of balloons that were lifted over the park the other morning. While you can’t make it out in the early morning light, apparently some of the balloons were different colors (Yellow, Red, etc) seemingly to indicate either different height levels, locations, or both. To the view of one source, the red balloons seemed to be higher than the yellow, with one of the red balloons appearing to come up from a location just behind guest relations.

iYtipbKpby9pc.jpg

The only thing, that I recall, of that height was the Na'vi's main tree (Whatever it was called :lol:)

As cool as that would look design-wise, I have a hard time thinking they would build another huge tree, when the Tree of Life is in the same park. It just feels... Redundant.

I doubt they will make Hometree, not only because it would be stupid to have two large trees, but because Hometree (Spoilers?) gets destroyed at the end of the first movie.

I see a few options...
1. We will get an jungle type setting in a giant Atrium, I think this is the most likely, as it would probably be the easiest to pull off.
2. We will get some sort of aquariam type attraction, as the future titles in the series are supposed to take place underwater.
3. Possible we could get some sort of mountain range (although seems unlikely since there is already a mountain in the park)

when i said Mountain Range, I meant the floating islands...although, yeah, that would be really expensive and difficult to pull off.

If we get "Soarin: Avatar Edition" I will be really pissed.

The only way to really pull off the floating mountains is if they do an indoor land. I suppose they can also attach the floating mountains to other land infrastructure, but they would have to really hide the supports. Guess it could be done, with forced perspective and all.

Or use the same paint scheme as the Soarin' hangar so the building can blend with the sky...:look:

Yeap, cause that worked out so well....maybe after a few drinks around the world it blends...well everything blends at that point :cheers:

Let me preface all this by saying my Disney insider presence isn't as strong as the other parks, so smallest grains of salt to be taken.

Flying coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.