Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the whole resort? Or DAK?

I'm just not seeing Pandora filling rooms as much as just cannibalizing DHS' and Epcot's #s.

I don't see Pandora taking back market share from Universal until maybe SWL opens. Again this is why i think several high profile Disney execs are gonw including Staggs. They panicked after losing market share for the first time in decades and bet a billion dollars on a IP that is no longer relevant. Will AK siphon crowds from DHS and Epcot? Of course and it already started that last summer. I can honestly see AK up 5 to 7% over LY for Q3 and Q4. But that said it comes with Epcot down 2% and MGM down 4 to 5%

I don't see Pandora taking back market share from Universal until maybe SWL opens. Again this is why i think several high profile Disney execs are gonw including Staggs. They panicked after losing market share for the first time in decades and bet a billion dollars on a IP that is no longer relevant. Will AK siphon crowds from DHS and Epcot? Of course and it already started that last summer. I can honestly see AK up 5 to 7% over LY for Q3 and Q4. But that said it comes with Epcot down 2% and MGM down 4 to 5%
Looking at stand by times, DHS looked really slow last week. Pandora may have nearly as big of a crowd as DHS, at this point in time.

I'll give it that - I underestimated how much people are willing to buy stuff when it's immersive, regardless of IP relevance. I will probably be getting one eventually myself - but my wand will always be my favorite souvenir from any land - and I am positive my brother will have a similar attachment to his lightsaber whenever Star Wars opens...

Getting a shipment of 100 banshee's in every week or so and having them sell out in a day is not a merchandise success. It's a huge failure in manufacturing and supply lines.

Reactions: Frogki and Blaw923
Getting a shipment of 100 banshee's in every week or so and having them sell out in a day is not a merchandise success. It's a huge failure in manufacturing and supply lines.

Eh...nah. It's definitely a merchandise success. Even Disney is surprised so many folks want Avatar merch. Lol.

Reactions: Andysol
I have heard that Disney totally underestimated just how popular those Banshees were going to be and only put an initial conservative order in, Pandora opened and they flew (heh) off the shelves and they have been scrambling to get more shipments in faster.

It's such a bummer when these threads become nothing but merchandise updates and discussion. It's the point I realize the exciting part of a new attraction or land is coming to an end.... at least for me :(

Reactions: twebber55
This has been a surprisingly short thread for such a major new land. Not much activity the past couple of weeks, and very few new comments by those experiencing the new land on either of the two Pandora threads. It's like the land has dropped out of sight. The silence is saddening. :frown:...I thought there would be more people enthused enough about the new land to go experience it & post back. Go figure.

This has been a surprisingly short thread for such a major new land. Not much activity the past couple of weeks, and very few new comments by those experiencing the new land on either of the two Pandora threads. It's like the land has dropped out of sight. The silence is saddening. :frown:...I thought there would be more people enthused enough about the new land to go experience it & post back. Go figure.
not really this is a Universal board

Reactions: Ashhanbre
not really this is a Universal board
Generally I agree with you about 90% of the time, but not on this. The review thread for FOP & Navii is pretty bare over WDW Magic also. And, lately Disney news is pretty heavy on this site. It often overshadows Universal info. I think IU posters are generally fairer to Disney than Disney oriented sites are to Universal. In my opinion the bulk of Universal fans are also Disney fans. But the reverse is not necessarily true.

I'm in that boat too. I can't wait to ride FoP again.
Luckily I shot lots and lots of video and took a couple thousand photos during my three visits so I could still post vids and write different articles all summer. But yea, can't wait to get back for another Lumpia, ride FoP, and try different bowl combinations at Satuli.

Reactions: Ashhanbre