Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How much did Dinorama cost? I mean Dinosaur is an under rated ride in my opinion., but the carnival land next to it, looks so cheaply done compared to everything else in the park. It really needs to be scrapped.

35 Million probably for the dinorama portion? (Then again it would cost Disney $100 mil) lol

Turn it into Indy Jones land and set it in South America/Amazon/Peru. Turn Dinosaur into Crystal Skull, bring new Indy show to Nemo and take Dinorama down expand back and be creative with a new attraction/area. This will open major area at DHS for future expansion and send nemo to The Sea where it belongs.

Turn it into Indy Jones land and set it in South America/Amazon/Peru. Turn Dinosaur into Crystal Skull, bring new Indy show to Nemo and take Dinorama down expand back and be creative with a new attraction/area. This will open major area at DHS for future expansion and send nemo to The Sea where it belongs.

Perfect. I do think that Dinoland is the only issue with this park. After that, it's all perfect.

Reactions: Ultranel
For the standard guests they visit WDW for the rides and entertainment and just to relax. People don't come too watch and sightsee. If they did come to sightsee they would go to Europe or any where else and spend the money to do that stuff.
It's a beautiful area but it's not the typical 'theme park' attraction/land were used to seeing. Potter changed the game because we can somewhat 'live' inside the land. Cars Land allowed us to live the land a bit. Pandora, and their rides, are just something to see. There's no interaction with the land. The design is not the problem, its everything else that people have issues about.

Well, I wasn't referring to the average guest in that post at all -- I made a point of clarifying that. And I completely agree with all the points made about the necessity for plussing the land and make it what they promised it to be, because it's currently not that. It's more of the fact that the simplicity of their post got to my emotional side as a designer, so when I see a sort of "dessert" ride like NRJ (because it is sweet, albeit small) kinda get trashed for its scenic elements when they're not the issue at all, I'm not a particularly happy camper lol. However, I would argue that people do come to sightsee, even a few of the "average" guests. But the interaction aspect is lacking in weird ways, because it does exist (with the translator, Avatar maker, banshee adoption, face painting, drum circle, etc.) but most of it is an upcharge, and when guests don't have a particularly emotional connection with the IP, it just doesn't feel as fulfilling.

This is the same argument supporting Dinorama, btw.

Again, I don't see the connection here? The fabrication and theming standards that hold up DinoRama are at best a graphic designer's thesis on carnivals. Boneyard and Dinosaur and even Restaurantosaurus range from adequate to downright beautiful, but to place DinoRama in the same category as NRJ? Mm... No shade, I just don't see it.

Stopped in today for lunch. Never noticed this logo, new to me:

CE0B64D6-260E-4188-B149-0729AC3FA0FE.jpeg

16821ABA-D977-493C-85F3-F049AAB7C648.jpeg

It’s cool to see them creating more world building than just RDA and ACE branding now. I can believe there would be companies out there that specialize in restaurant equipment for use on other planets.

Reactions: violarum

Mea culpa.

I want to see how much this affects the other parks (value "WDW overall") and if it makes up for the advertising and overall cost.

I'm not shocked at all about DK record, but very surprised at the WDW. Like most I was sure it would just cannibalize everyone else. This is especially impressive when you consider the damper the hurricanes put on locals.

Mea culpa.

I want to see how much this affects the other parks (value "WDW overall") and if it makes up for the advertising and overall cost.

DAK's attendance had been going up every year recently without anything new, so that's no surprise. WDW's attendance is always rising too, so this seems like things to say to Wall Street so that they don't feel like money is going to waste.

The question is, how much did DAK's attendance eat from DHS?

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Also to take into consideration the year over year increase before and after Pandora opened and if it jumped more than what the annual increase has been.

Also to take into consideration the year over year increase before and after Pandora opened and if it jumped more than what the annual increase has been.
I mean part of expecting crowds to increase year over year is actually continually investing in new attractions.

At least play animal noises throughout the land.
You might want to look into getting a hearing aid....

You're bombarded with sounds and animal calls the second you step into that place, and they are loud. There are different sounds during night and day as well. They even have a trail of speakers spaced out in the RJ queue that makes it sound like hunters are on horseback too. They're super clever with the sound. The same animals can be heard calling back and forth across the whole valley. It's pretty clever how they timed it.

You might want to look into getting a hearing aid....

You're bombarded with sounds and animal calls the second you step into that place, and they are loud. There are different sounds during night and day as well. They even have a trail of speakers spaced out in the RJ queue that makes it sound like hunters are on horseback too. They're super clever with the sound. The same animals can be heard calling back and forth across the whole valley. It's pretty clever how they timed it.
It was pointed out already. Just never stopped to listen I guess.

How much did Dinorama cost? I mean Dinosaur is an under rated ride in my opinion., but the carnival land next to it, looks so cheaply done compared to everything else in the park. It really needs to be scrapped.

It looks cheap on purpose and pulls it off magnificently. I think they needed more cheap rides to pull it off better. I do hate those spinning wild mouses though. After you have been on some Mack, Mauer Shone, Gerstlauer spinners, those things are the debbil.

If all I have read is to be believed wasn't there suppose to be an Avatar Coaster as a third attraction there? Could the revisit that. I still like the Dig coaster concept but would look to the new Mack spinner at SDC as the type of coaster it could be.

Reactions: Disneyhead
It looks cheap on purpose and pulls it off magnificently. I think they needed more cheap rides to pull it off better. I do hate those spinning wild mouses though. After you have been on some Mack, Mauer Shone, Gerstlauer spinners, those things are the debbil.

If all I have read is to be believed wasn't there suppose to be an Avatar Coaster as a third attraction there? Could the revisit that. I still like the Dig coaster concept but would look to the new Mack spinner at SDC as the type of coaster it could be.
I suppose I'm the only person on Earth that isn't bothered by Dinoland USA...It breaks up the rest of the park IMO

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
I suppose I'm the only person on Earth that isn't bothered by Dinoland USA...It breaks up the rest of the park IMO

I actally like it, I ride that damn spinner, but like all things Disney it needed more filler rides. I love the idea of a wood coaster here.

We were coming down infamous former US 666 from the 4 corners back to I-40 two years agp and there was a roadside carnival in the middle of Navajo territory. Dinorama pulled it off seemlessly :)

But it had more rides natch.