Pet Peeves | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Pet Peeves

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LMAO

I think that guy did something to our food because I busted out with hives when I got home that night. No more Dennys I've decided. :lol:

Told you I was scared to order food. :lol:

I think we should stick with IHOP/Greta for future after-park meals..

Back to Peeves..People with strollers who think they have the right to worm around people. You have a strolller, maneuver it it like on. Don't try to squeeze in places so you can pass people. Otherwise ankles get bumped into. :mad:

Not really a Pet Peeve since to me it's not really something petty, but I can't stand College Program kids that think because they have been working at Disney for the past 3 months on their highly beneficial internship ( :rolleyes: ) they know all the inner workings of the company. However, I do love it when they "fill me in" on how certain things are done and I can correct them.

Now something petty. I might have already said it, but when I'm about to get on a ride and people tell me something along the lines of "This ride is fantastic. You are going to love it!" I especially like when people throw in "This is, like, my FIFTH time riding it!" I usually just nicely tell them "Yeah, we live here so we get to ride it a couple times a week." and watch them get envious and ask me a million questions. I really can't stand it when people give me inaccurate tips or advice when I didn't ask for it.

Finally, when I'm sitting on the curb holding a spot for a few hours and I have my stuff down and people try to move it out of the way. When they had the American Idol premiere I waited out there five hours and there were people that showed up ten minutes before it started that were trying to cut in front of us. :bang:

I got one better than my preivious one. Was at Walmart the other night. Was backing out of my parking space...some idiot comes flying up the lane-THE WRONG WAY- and honks his horn and then waits very impatiently for me to complete the whole thing. Keep in mind he is honking an flipping me off too!! Well I put it in drive and then continuethe right way past this idoit, flashed my brights..as it was around 1am. Well, somehow this person ended up in front of me waiting at the turnaround out on the main road. No one is coming and he is just sitting there for like a minute. Then he finally turns. I turn and then he is going like 30mph in a 45 zone. By this time I'm really ready to just stay behind him an flash my brights off/on till whereever he is going. Everytime I would try to merge to the next lane over he cust me off too!!!! Seeing him flip me off the whole tim up in front.

I turn to my wife and ask her " Did I really do something wrong here? I mean if this guy is clearly to this stage of ROAD RAGE did I actually do something?" She was nope, he is acting like an idiot. Finally my turn off for the freeway comes up and I just gun it to make the turn before he could cut me off there too!!!

I just hate it when people clearly are in the wrong, and treat you like you did something.

One of my latest park pet peeves is when I get a really crappy driver at Kilimanjaro Safaris. Something about one who doesn't slow down or stop at all when it's not that busy, and I've been looking forward to trying to get some animal pics that just really gets me mad.

Then to make matters even worse they also are a crappy emotionless narrator/guide to boot, esp if they can't point out and spiel about the lesser known animals for the guests who don't get to come to the park often or only once in a lifetime. If I want an animatronic to control my vehicle I've got Star Tours at my disposal.

Another pet peeve that happened in the last 2 weeks was a JC Skipper issue. This guy was the worst CM I've ever seen.

He was clearly bitter about his job, and used the mic to make some of the most uncomfortable moments I've ever had at a theme park. His delivery of the script and ad-libbing to it was bad to begin with, but then he got offended the boat wasn't laughing at his wanna be jokes. So he took it out on us. It also didn't help that this approx 6 foot grown man talked like a 5-yr old little kid most of the time.

To add insult to injury he knew he was in the wrong and kept offering a very condescending I'm joking or I'm playing after his mini tirades/tangents, to which we all sat there still silent, dazed and confused.

Then as we pulled into the dock he was told to go forward to the 2nd unload and he basically had a verbal temper tantrum with the women on the dock, to which they rolled their eyes at each other as to say whatever dude.

When this boat ride from hell was over, my friend and I just looked at each other, rolled our eyes and said what the hell was that all about? All we wanted was a hot chick skipper, and look what we got instead. LOL

I'm still kicking myself for not stopping and asking for a lead at the dock, or stopping at guest relations and filling out a complaint, but I keep hoping that a tourist who also had their ride ruined did it for me.

Sadly these days, maybe 1 out of every 10 skippers are actually good. It's a shame too because if you get a GOOD skipper then it is a great ride that I really hype up to first timers. Just a few weeks ago I had hyped up how cool Jungle Cruise was to a friend and they road it and got a terrible skipper (he told me who, and yes, she is the worst!) and thought I was crazy for liking the ride. There were years when it was hard not to get a good skipper, but now it is quite the opposite.

Strollers/wheelchairs etc. being used as ramming devices.

People singing along terribly to music.

Standing in a roped line out on pavement as opposed to a shaded, themed queue.

Theme-killing Fastpass signage everywhere.

Having a ride break down, in the dead of summer, while you're indoors at the one section of the line with absolutely no air or fan....standing behind the man with no deodorant on.

One time on "Living with the Land", Adrianna and I were behind this family. As soon as the Papa took off his jacket, the fumes of B.O. hit us like a ton of bricks. Thank god he put his jacket on like 2 minutes later.

Remember that guy at Islands that one day? When we were on the bridge we smelt him coming and sure enough it was the same guy. :lol:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves pertaining to the parks?

When people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World and when people refer to Rock n' Roller Coaster as Rockin' Rollercoaster. Also, can't stand when people refer to Test Track as Fast Track or Mission: Space as Mission To Mars.

Also, hate when people think DHS is Universal and wonder where Shrek is at.

:bang:

Good one - that's my favorite pet peeve here! I call this Ride/Show/On Property (refering to WDW)/Central Florida Theme Park Illiteracy! That's (Vegeta voice) over 9000 (turns to normal voice) times worse than Pop Warner (if it's an early WDW December) or even the turismos (which I call the Argentinean and, more infamously, the Brazilian tour groups)!

Walt Disney World: What Annoys You
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Vacation-Purgatory

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Kevin totally spit on a group of annoying cheerleaders today. I'll let him to you all about it. :lol:

Let me know if he spits on any cheerleaders next month (especially the Pop Warner-affiliated ones down at WDW)! :lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I can't stand when the cheerleaders and dance teams are in town. They cheer and they chant all over the parks.

I can't decide which are the worst groups - cheerleaders, dance teams, Pop Warner (if at WDW in early Dec.), or turismos!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I thought of another pet peeve.

Cheerleaders and dance teams. You know the ones. :bang:

There's nothing worse than standing in a 30 minute line and hearing cheers and chanting the entire time. :mad: I seriously feel like taking an ax to all of their heads.

Same with the Brazilian tour groups that literally RUN through the parks waving their flags and singing loudly. :hammer:

:thumbs:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

and if you don't, please don't put your hands up on any ride:lol:

Here's something you wish the theme parks would install:

Thrill Rides Cause A Stink
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2594001/Thrill-rides-cause-a-stink.html

HHN Drunkards, HHN pansies who have to pretend to act like a tough guy and shout, HHN under 18 guests who can't handle acting civilized, HHN ...you get the point.

When you're trying to walk somewhere and it seems that every single person stops right in front of you to take a picture!

--- Update ---

Also, I forgot to mention when you have to leave and you know you live an 11 hour flight away. It's just depressing :(