Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pet Peeves

Actually, both ways are correct. Depends where you're from that emphasizes the syllable.

I recognize that there are two ways to pronounce Caribbean, and I don't mind how people pronounce it in the general context, but when referring to Pirates, seems like emphasis on the third syllable is the official pronunciation.

Pet Peeves from today,

Letting your children run wild and crash into my back 4012 times within 45 mins while waiting for a ride!

Entering a bathroom and making themselves acoustically known via mass poopage! Courtesy flush people!

I recognize that there are two ways to pronounce Caribbean, and I don't mind how people pronounce it in the general context, but when referring to Pirates, seems like emphasis on the third syllable is the official pronunciation.

Well then that's nitpicking. :lol:

My pet peeve is that is that if your at an attraction with a pre show room, such as Shrek, Terminator etc. when it's finally time to enter the show room and they say please enter in an orderly fashion, it always ends up being the opposite of orderly. People always try and push there way through you and you gotta try hard to stay with your group. I don't know how they can fix this but Jimmy Neutron and now Despicable Me manage to make it orderly with a pre show by dividing you into your rows before you get into the main room. Then the problem with that ride is when they say move all the way down the row, people still stop and try and sit in the middle! Follow directions people!

The absolute one thing that annoys me is people loudly chewing gum in the lines. Not like normal chewing, but LOUD, squishing, pure determination to chew! Drives me up the wall!!!

Another one, that has been mentioned a few times is people that randomly stop. There has been a few times when I've been walking about and suddenly the person just stops, out of the blue!

Oh, and B.O in the lines :skellington:

Ok, one I dont see in Florida much as they seem to enforce it more. In the UK we get smoking not only around the park but smoking in the que line itself (embers dangerously close to children's heads). This problem is ten times worse in Disneyland Paris as the french have a far more relaxed view to smoking in public spaces than we do. We also have problems in Disneyland Paris with people pushing in, entire families wandering down que lines to get to the one person that got in 30mins before them. Being british I make my disaproval known with a loud breath and a "tut" sound. Culturally, they see no problem with these behaviours and it really grinds my gears.

This is my biggest pet peeve . . .iPad photography

The Bad Guys by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

I find it to rather obnoxious and tad bit rude. My brother was next to me whan i took this picture and stuck and could hardly see the Hyperspace Hoopla show because this guy decided to record the whole thing. I see it happening more and more at the parks and even more out of parks and what I don't understand is not just use one's cell phone, which more that likely has a camera 10% better than what is on the Ipad, and its probably safe to safe that 90% of people that own an Ipad also own a smart phone.

This is my biggest pet peeve . . .iPad photography

I find it to rather obnoxious and tad bit rude. My brother was next to me whan i took this picture and stuck and could hardly see the Hyperspace Hoopla show because this guy decided to record the whole thing. I see it happening more and more at the parks and even more out of parks and what I don't understand is not just use one's cell phone, which more that likely has a camera 10% better than what is on the Ipad, and its probably safe to safe that 90% of people that own an Ipad also own a smart phone.
I think they get confused that because its bigger the picture will.be better. And yes, a lot of phones have better cameras than iPads.

I think its an attention thing also, like "hey look at me being a trendy hipster taking a picture with my iPad" :lol:

Either that or they are using to get a better view, either way it is rude to block other peoples view. Personally, I dont like taking my tablet to the park.

- - - Updated - - -

The absolute one thing that annoys me is people loudly chewing gum in the lines. Not like normal chewing, but LOUD, squishing, pure determination to chew! Drives me up the wall!!!

Another one, that has been mentioned a few times is people that randomly stop. There has been a few times when I've been walking about and suddenly the person just stops, out of the blue!

Oh, and B.O in the lines :skellington:

Stickig gum one things... tagging or just vandelism in general the columns at Cheetah Hunt have peoples gum stuck to them between the stones.

Either that or they are using to get a better view, either way it is rude to block other peoples view. Personally, I dont like taking my tablet to the park.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't mind if people bring their tablets into the park and use them while waiting for a show, ride or parade. Can really help pass the time if you have to sit in a line for any length of time, and the wifi the parks are adding is great to have if its a wifi only tablet. I have the Nexus 7 and it fits perfect in my camera bag and will bring that into the parks with me, for 2 reasons, one to use and two because I don't really trust leaving things like that in hotel rooms.