Pet Peeves | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Pet Peeves

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"IS THAT THE ROCK 'N' ROLLER COASTER?!"

No, it's Hollywood Rip, Ride, RockIt.

And I agree also about the screaming during pre-shows and before the actual thrilling part of the ride starts. We have not launched yet on Revenge of the Mummy, you do not need to scream bloody murder.

People in Single Rider who demand to sit together. You will be split up means just that. Don't pull the language card and pretend you didn't know.

This is also mine. I HATE this, it just slows everything down. I mean how many signs and times can they yell at you before you get it?!?

1. People who are unappreciative of theme parks and complain about the smallest things while there are amusement parks out there that have little to no theming whatsoever.

2. Any kind of stupid tourists.

3. How people get sick of me talking about different theme parks.

4. People who only go to Disney theme parks and refuse to even try going to others (even if they have never been there).

5. Attractions that are closed forever that I never went on.

6. How there are no Disney or Universal theme parks in the Northeast.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The lack of a standard regional amusement park. I know why it is unlikely to happen now, and why it didn't happen in the past, but darn it, I miss parks like Cedar Point, Kings Island, Holiday World, etc. I loved the idea of Orlando Thrill Park, even if I helped a friend write a scathing report for a class on the main investor group and its previous failed/never made it to construction projects.

Beware: Here comes a rant!

A few weeks ago, I was at SeaWorld with a friend, and we were waiting to get some pizza. Well, this kid in front of us kept touching the deserts on the racks and they kept having to throw them out :bang: His mom did no more than tell him to stop, turned back around, and the kid would do it again... and again.... SO AWKWARD! SO INFURIATING! I mean, come on... Grab your kid (your responsibility) and don't let him touch the food you're not gonna consume! How careless can people be? I know theme parks make a lot of money, and the financial loss from three deserts is so small that it's basically invisible to them. It's the fact that food is being thrown away that is despicable, and I know it happens very often in this country, but it still doesn't justify it. And the lady's careless and dismissive attitude just p... me right off. And even worse, they didn't even make her pay for it, so like hell she cared and like hell she's gonna care if her kid does it again. I bit my tongue because I was so hungry that I would have been extra cranky, but people need to learn respect and realize that food is not something to mess with. With the hunger problems in the world, and even in our own communities nowadays... Ugh! :mad:

Ok, rant over.

1. People who are unappreciative of theme parks and complain about the smallest things while there are amusement parks out there that have little to no theming whatsoever.

Yes, there are some people who are just complainers and unappreciative, but I don't think anyone on this forum is that way. For most or all of us here, it isn't not appreciating; on the contrary, it's appreciating them so much, and knowing them so well, that we share our thoughts on what we would do to make them better and better. Everything needs upkeep every once in a while; us pointing it out, like people going to guest services, brings it up to the attention of the people in charge who can do something about it. Our nitpicking really comes from the love and personal interest/investment that we have in the theme parks, as if they were our own. I will add, though, that we might be a little spoiled. Seeing the quality of the newer projects, it brings a new standard, and now we want to hold everything to that standard. It might not be completely fair to do so, but it is what it is :lol:

5. Attractions that are closed forever that I never went on.

I'm so with you on this one :'( ... Kong ... :'(

My favorite is the husband and wife pushing a stroller walking in front of me, who decide to stop dead in their tracks, in the middle of the walkway, literally a split second before I smash into them, and then not saying sorry for it, and continue to stand there and not move out of the way.

My other one is people who get in line to buy food, been waiting, and then get to the front and say "Oh, I don't know what I want, let me see" and then take up another minute or two of my precious time because they are oblivious to everyone else :lol: I know this one is petty, but stupid people tick me off.

there's a special seat in hell for the people who don't shut up during the show :saw:

it's different with little kids though, but i mean the adults chatterboxes who should be setting the examples for the little ones, but instead they're either complaining or just simply not paying respects and going on as if they're in their house watching their own version of the Little Mermaid, completely unaware that other people are around them.

oh and the people who just randomly walk through my picture when they could easily go around me. yeah. screw them too. :mad:

i just hate the tourists. so. much.

oh and the people who just randomly walk through my picture when they could easily go around me. yeah. screw them too. :mad:

There is a flip side to this.

People who decide to take a picture across the whole walkway, then take two minutes to get the perfect shot. If your going to block the walkway take the picture already! These are usually the people that get the maddest when you walk through their shot.

My favorite is the husband and wife pushing a stroller walking in front of me, who decide to stop dead in their tracks, in the middle of the walkway, literally a split second before I smash into them, and then not saying sorry for it, and continue to stand there and not move out of the way.

I can say the same about people in general. We have run people over with our stroller because they stop right in front of us for no reason and then look back at us like we are the evil ones. I am so aware of things when I stop and always look behind me, try to pull over, etc. Others are not so aware - lol

Another for me that really came to the forefront this past Saturday. Lazy people who are too old or fat to walk around the park and rent those stupid scooters and think they have the right to be treated special!!! I tried to sit in the handicapped section for the parade (my son is very handicapped and can not walk even though he is 2 along with other things like vision and hearing issues) and this older couple (not talking 80 here either) had their scooters in a V shape instead of parallel to each other. I asked them if they could straighten up so I could pull my stroller in next to them and sit in front of my stroller with my son (was not going to block their view in any way). The guy told me this section is not for strollers (understandable) and i responded my son is handicapped and I have a pass here that states my stroller is a wheelchair (We have not switched to a wheelchair because he is a twin and we have no desire to push two things). He then stated again, this section is not for "that" and pointed to the stroller. I again stated my son is handicapped. He then had the gull to ask me if my son was going to catch beads, I said no, he then said, this section is for "catching beads" at that point I was done and walked away. Does he not get he is in a handicapped section, not a too lazy to walk section and that both adults and kids that are handicapped in MANY cases would not be able to catch beads. And that section is so that people can "see" the parade and enjoy it without being trampled by all the able bodies who can walk?!?!? Argh...

Rant over :)

Last edited:
Izzy, sorry about your bad experience :( At that point when the guy is being a jerk, you should find a TM and tell them "Hey, my son is handicapped, and he needs to remain in this stroller. Could you please help us park in the right area for the parade?" Sometimes the other guests are really careless towards others or plain out rude, so there's no need for you to take their crap. Just go to a TM, and they're gonna be helpful the majority of the times :thumbs:

Izzy, sorry about your bad experience :( At that point when the guy is being a jerk, you should find a TM and tell them "Hey, my son is handicapped, and he needs to remain in this stroller. Could you please help us park in the right area for the parade?" Sometimes the other guests are really careless towards others or plain out rude, so there's no need for you to take their crap. Just go to a TM, and they're gonna be helpful the majority of the times :thumbs:

I couldn't find a team member. There was one posted there the week before, but not when I got there this week. Not sure if they were short staffed or the person got called to do something else. I ended up finding a very nice couple on the other end of the section that I parked my stroller behind them and then I picked him up and sat down on the curb in front of another very nice lady with him who made sure my son did not get trampled during the mad dash for beads. My son LOVED the parade (he was not awake for it last week) and enjoyed getting beads. I caught a couple and the nice lady behind me gave some more for him. Even got 3 coins!!! Handed two of them out to others included another child next to me who was also handicapped. He was so distracted by the parade and beads he managed to keep his glasses on for the whole thing and then the beads around his neck kept him distracted all the way to the car and to the restaurant that he left his glasses alone. It was the longest we ever got him to wear his glasses. So he was very happy.

So I did find some nice people to make up for the grumpy old guy :) Glad my hubby was not there, he might have punched the guy. The mother of the handicapped child next to me said she would have smacked him. I am not like that, I just would rather walk away when someone is being that rude and ignorant. Because I really think it was ignorance on his park to understand he is in a handicapped section and being handicapped in many cases means you have limitations that preclude you from doing many things other can do like catch beads. lol

Great to hear that you and your son ended up having a great experience! Probably better that you didn't sit/stand next to that guy after all :lol: Things always happen for a reason!

Pet peeve,and restrained rant: people getting in front of you in line and then complaining about other people getting in front of them in line. Really?!

There is a flip side to this.

People who decide to take a picture across the whole walkway, then take two minutes to get the perfect shot. If your going to block the walkway take the picture already! These are usually the people that get the maddest when you walk through their shot.

ah that's different, you're taking the entire walkway and leaving not real option for polite people but to wait until you're done. however, in some instances they need to for the best shot, so i understand why they'd be upset.

I can say the same about people in general. We have run people over with our stroller because they stop right in front of us for no reason and then look back at us like we are the evil ones. I am so aware of things when I stop and always look behind me, try to pull over, etc. Others are not so aware - lol

Another for me that really came to the forefront this past Saturday. Lazy people who are too old or fat to walk around the park and rent those stupid scooters and think they have the right to be treated special!!! I tried to sit in the handicapped section for the parade (my son is very handicapped and can not walk even though he is 2 along with other things like vision and hearing issues) and this older couple (not talking 80 here either) had their scooters in a V shape instead of parallel to each other. I asked them if they could straighten up so I could pull my stroller in next to them and sit in front of my stroller with my son (was not going to block their view in any way). The guy told me this section is not for strollers (understandable) and i responded my son is handicapped and I have a pass here that states my stroller is a wheelchair (We have not switched to a wheelchair because he is a twin and we have no desire to push two things). He then stated again, this section is not for "that" and pointed to the stroller. I again stated my son is handicapped. He then had the gull to ask me if my son was going to catch beads, I said no, he then said, this section is for "catching beads" at that point I was done and walked away. Does he not get he is in a handicapped section, not a too lazy to walk section and that both adults and kids that are handicapped in MANY cases would not be able to catch beads. And that section is so that people can "see" the parade and enjoy it without being trampled by all the able bodies who can walk?!?!? Argh...

Rant over :)

WOW. i would've told him off before i left. not rip him a new one, but just politely call him an a-hole and move on. people like that make me so angry!

WOW. i would've told him off before i left. not rip him a new one, but just politely call him an a-hole and move on. people like that make me so angry!

I honestly had too good of a day at that point and really did not feel like causing more of a scene. I am sure if he caught me on a bad day it might have ended differently. He was not going to change his mind and me telling him off would not make him any nicer to the next person. You can't fix ignorance as much as we would all like to.