Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always thought that the parks should have had some family dark rides that they could have based on their properties or one of the many they've licensed. Curious George, Scooby Doo, Land Before Time, Casper, Madagascar, The Grinch, Woody Woodpecker, An American Tail, etc. Quite a few missed opportunities.

Yeah i do like the idea of Scooby-Doo dark ride like the one is Paramount at the Toon Lagoon unused theater. Grinch in Seuss for sure and Casper is interesting i loved that movie. And this is a little off topic but i do think Fast and the Furious is relevant enough and would make a cool ride(like a Test Track) or a coaster would be neat. Along with 007 and Star Trek i think those could be some possible great attractions.

Last edited:
Yeah i do like the idea of Scooby-Doo dark ride like the one is Paramount at the Toon Lagoon unused theater. Grinch in Seuss for sure and Casper is interesting i loved that movie. And this is a little off topic but i do think Fast and the Furious is relevant enough and would make a cool ride(like a Test Track) or a coaster would be neat. Along with 007 and Star Trek i think those could be some possible great attractions.

My personal dream attraction is Fast and the Furious! I feel like it wouldn't ever lose relevance because who doesn't love cars? I'd kill for that attraction. Like I always picture test track with rear view mirrors being screens and tons of explosions and special effects would make an insane attraction.

Not to get into a "relevance" conversation but.. considering we're now six movies deep, I'm pretty sure Fast & the Furious has proven itself to be a viable brand and franchise. I agree that a Test Track-style ride or racing coaster would have been perfect.

Not to get into a "relevance" conversation but.. considering we're now six movies deep, I'm pretty sure Fast & the Furious has proven itself to be a viable brand and franchise. I agree that a Test Track-style ride or racing coaster would have been perfect.

Expect to see a Fast and Furious show very soon. It seems much more suited to be at Studios and not at IOA though.

I had no clue what posiedons fury was until the second time I went to universal. Walking up to the structure I was in awe of what might be inside. The show was okay, but seemed out dated. I think if they modernized it or changed the story up a bit, it could be a great attraction. The lost continent is an awesome theme that should update poseidons fury so it won't turn into the quickest way to hogsmead.

I had no clue what posiedons fury was until the second time I went to universal. Walking up to the structure I was in awe of what might be inside. The show was okay, but seemed out dated. I think if they modernized it or changed the story up a bit, it could be a great attraction. The lost continent is an awesome theme that should update poseidons fury so it won't turn into the quickest way to hogsmead.

Agreed but I would argue Sinbad is in more need of help than Poseidon is. I think people just expect more from Poseidon because of the awesome facade and amount of space it takes up, but the whole island (save for Mythos) is in need of some help. And I may be biased (I never understood the love for Lost Continent beyond the cool theming) but I think it's gotten beyond the point of "minor work needed." Overhaul is more like it, and Poseidon would be a great place to start.

^ I feel positive something is being looked at to triple plus the attraction. Did we learn recently that the projectors and rain screens have been swapped out? The original show was far more impressive... the end alone was equal to the vortex. I do agree with the earlier post that massive queue hold per show was somewhat distressing.

Except for having visited it on my first IOA trip, I had pretty much the exact same reaction as you. The show has a lot of build-up, the worst offender probably being the facade (and line), and then it just dissappoints. Some of the dissappointment, is the fault of the guest, not realizing its a standing walk thru. However most of it lies in the lackluster performance/technology. I honestly don't see how they could keep the core of the attraction without some of the same issues persisting.

^ I feel positive something is being looked at to triple plus the attraction. Did we learn recently that the projectors and rain screens have been swapped out? The original show was far more impressive... the end alone was equal to the vortex. I do agree with the earlier post that massive queue hold per show was somewhat distressing.
Yeah.... Not so fast fastpass. Is it only one show at a time? It seems like they can run at least three with each viewing room.

Yeah.... Not so fast fastpass. Is it only one show at a time? It seems like they can run at least three with each viewing room.

That is what I meant... and each show-room lasts as long as the other two... otherwise, it wouldn't work. Anyone know what the load per room is? I would estimate 60-100. So yeah, the queue chunks along.

PF leaving would be a huge loss. Universal is trying to become a resort destination, and pull more family vacationers to Universal instead of Disney. This means a lot of first timers to the park. The only reason we don't mind it leaving that much is because we've done it multiple times, and it doesn't have the lasting effect something like FJ or Spiderman does. But PF has makes a huge first impression. It's an attraction that somewhat interacts with guests, people find it really funny (including myself), and it has a huge wow factor to it (facade, water vortex, falling wall at the end). To be hones, I'd rather stare at that facade then Hogwarts. There's so many small, incredible details to it, it's just beautiful. Universal needs these big impressions for the first time visitors, to really wow them, and to add to all this FJ is not a typical attraction, which is even more of a bonus. Universal needs these big first impressions everywhere, while being a well rounded park.

PF leaving would be a huge loss. Universal is trying to become a resort destination, and pull more family vacationers to Universal instead of Disney. This means a lot of first timers to the park. The only reason we don't mind it leaving that much is because we've done it multiple times, and it doesn't have the lasting effect something like FJ or Spiderman does. But PF has makes a huge first impression. It's an attraction that somewhat interacts with guests, people find it really funny (including myself), and it has a huge wow factor to it (facade, water vortex, falling wall at the end). To be hones, I'd rather stare at that facade then Hogwarts. There's so many small, incredible details to it, it's just beautiful. Universal needs these big impressions for the first time visitors, to really wow them, and to add to all this FJ is not a typical attraction, which is even more of a bonus. Universal needs these big first impressions everywhere, while being a well rounded park.

No one wants to touch the facade, but rather change what's on the inside dramatically.

I was going to say, don't remove or remodel it, just do something with what's inside it. The creative team can take the story of Poseidon and do anything with it. The attractions housing looks pretty big inside, the possibilities are endless.